Samsung’s new Galaxy Note 7 compensation program will reportedly let customers get a Galaxy S8 for free

It was first reported earlier this week that Samsung is preparing a new compensation program for Galaxy Note 7 owners who have already been through a lot over the past couple of months. The report suggested that Samsung will offer cash discounts on the purchase of its future flagship to those customers. Samsung is already providing monetary incentives to get people to exchange the Galaxy Note 7 for one of its other devices. A report out of Korea claims that the new compensation program will allow Galaxy Note 7 customers to get the Galaxy S8 for free, or by paying a nominal amount.

According to the report, this program will be open to those who have already exchange their Galaxy Note 7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge. They will then be able to exchange that handset for the Galaxy S8 free when it comes out early next year. The cost of the exchange will either be zero of nominal, it’s reportedly going to depend upon if it’s the customer’s first or second exchange of the Galaxy Note 7.

“The new compensation program is designed to make it easier for those who exchange their Galaxy Note 7 with existing Samsung smartphones, to shift into our next model coming in next year,” a Samsung official has been quoted as saying in the report. How Samsung will actually process these claims remains a mystery right now, official details are slim right now so until more is said about this by the company itself, I’ll continue to be skeptical about such a compensation program for Galaxy Note 7 owners.

Source

Phones 22

dadoo985
7 months 9 days ago
dadoo985

Im not 2 confident about this article. I had sustained a injury in September and was dealing with Executive Customer Relations Rep Caitlin Thomason which she made promises of new device accessories instead of lawsuit and new S8 device when available in 2017. She never responds to me or her Department coworkers. I am a very loyal Samsung Customer since 1994 and this is DEPLORABLE TREATMENT from Mrs Thomason and the other rude Executive Department employees!

athudd
8 months 12 days ago
athudd

Are there any updates to this? Like others, I preordered the Note 7 and waited for this device with these specific features. I have no intention of parting with it until I’m offered a deal for an early upgrade – or service is cut from it.

xrb
9 months 3 days ago
xrb
What about those folks like me that got Note 5 instead because of the sPen feature? I had S7Edge as a bridge phone coming from Note Edge while waiting for the next Note. Pre-ordered the Note 7 the day it was announced. Got recalled twice and was lost which phone to replace it after waiting for months for the next Note. There was nothing out there to new that can replace my Note 7 and didn’t want to go back to S7Edge. I went for the next best available, Note 5, with the sPen as the key deciding factor. It… Read more »
mantaka
9 months 3 days ago
mantaka

And what about those preorders who waited 2 month for the NOTE7 and finally got S7E? Sammy should start doing the same promotions world wide…

marandas
9 months 3 days ago
marandas

That would be nice.
I don’t want to separate with my note 7. I really love this phone. It is amazing.
Another reason is that I couldn’t find another suitable phone to replace it.
If I can replace it with a free S8 later, I would be willing to exchange my note 7 with a S7 edge for a few months.

By the way, I am waiting for the Note 8.

JamesDiman
JamesDiman
I want to know what they plan to do for people that returned the Note7 and are waiting for the Note8/S8 Pro? I returned my Note7 for each recall, and I am back on my Note4. I would love to see Samsung make Nougat for the Note4 so we have something up-to-date until the Note8/S8 Pro is launched. I really like the Note series, and even though I like the S line, I want that S Pen. And I didn’t want the S7 edge cause we are close to the S8 coming out, and if I got a S line… Read more »
alexxgarbosa
alexxgarbosa

This is definitely not going to happen here in the Philippines. Samsung dont treat us like the way they do with US ans Other countries. We dont even get $100 and $25 they give to owners when you opt to shift to S7edge. Why? Definitely not because Note7 did not explode here (but S7 Edge did!). Maybe its just Samsung being racist. Best of luck on your business but i guarantee you have lost a lot of Samsung users here.

cwaltham21
cwaltham21

If you are exchanging the handset for the S8 it’s not free. Free is if you get a handset for nothing. Just send us a cheque instead Sammy

Redspider97
Redspider97
The v20 is not a good phone I think allbthose people that said the camera is better than… Was paid to say that or for a free phone or something. The color is way off. It warps pictures bad if both lenses are on. It’s just not a good all around camera. Keyboard is 100x better than Samsung however. The screen is dark I put my s7 edge side by side and the color looked bland on v20 . also I put Luke cage on both phones the colors reproduction on v20 is very bad . the s7 is vibrant.… Read more »
stondec
stondec

I think they’re doing too much.

alexxgarbosa
alexxgarbosa

Too much to other countries. None for others.

steelerstitch
steelerstitch

If this is true I may actually return my note 7 if not I am keeping it

fazdnoah
fazdnoah

What if i opted for full refund coz i already had S7edge as my 2nd phone. Would i still eligible for free S8?

Rosssyyy
Rosssyyy

not a chance

maccyb
maccyb

I find it hard to believe but I will definitely take advantage of it, after 2 Note7 devices returned and now have an S7 Edge, will be nice to get a new phone. I don’t see it happening though.

erizzle22
erizzle22

What if i upgraded to an s7 edge, sold the s7 edge in order to buy the lg v20 outright but would most likely go with s8 if it didnt cost me anything. Would i still be eligible for this?

steelerstitch
steelerstitch

I would think they would want you back as a customer and make it right but I could be wrong, I will believe any of this when I see it happen

maccyb
maccyb

A good question. If it’s true (doubt it) and you didn’t stick with Samsung you probably won’t get it as you would need to hand back a Samsung phone to them. As you jumped ship they probably won’t let you back on. 🙁

jeffgamez
jeffgamez
I am a currently Note 7 User, which i bought on Ebay, and Samsung Customer Service hasn’t ben able to provide me with the correct support, I’ve chat, called, and contacted my local Store and they haven’t given me a proper answer regarding the exchange program, Im located in Central America, on which the phone did not come and because of that, according to them, they are not able to help me. The seller on Ebay recently sent me an email stating that he is also waiting of an action plan that Samsung is preparing for those that are in… Read more »
alexxgarbosa
alexxgarbosa

This is Samsung Not doing anything. The fact that you have a unit you should be able to exchange it at any Samsung store.. That is if they really “care about our safety” like the statement they are spreading everywhere.

maccyb
maccyb

Jeff, it’s a very difficult situation for you, so if you like you can go to battery settings and switch off the 60% maximum charge. Once you switch it off the phone will charge to 80% instead. I hope you get help soon.

jeffgamez