Upon the initial launch of the Tizen Store, developers could partake in a promotion that allowed them to receive 100% of the revenue from their apps, and now that promotion has been extended up until the 31st of December 2016. This will make Tizen a very attractive platform for developers to jump onto, because it's in their own interest.
After this promotion is over, all apps will be subject to the revised Revenue Share according to Tizen Store Policy, and Samsung also has the right to end the promotion at any day that they please. Here's the full Tizen Store Promotion Policy:
- The Revenue Share (100% for Seller) will apply to your sales data up to closing day 11:59 p.m. (GMT)
- Sales after closing day 11:59 p.m. (GMT) will be subject to the revised Revenue Share according to Tizen Store policy
- The promotion duration (one year) & closing day is subject to change depending on Tizen Store policy
- 3rd party In App purchase is not eligible for this promotion. We recommend to use official In App Purchase of Tizen Store
- VAT or other taxes can be collected depending on the country or carrier, the taxes will be deducted from the Promotion Revenue Share (100%) by local laws
- Some billing fee (i.e. Carrier Billing fee, Payment Gateway fee, etc) will be deducted from the Promotion Revenue Share (100%)
- When new countries/devices/billing methods are launched at Tizen Store, the applications will automatically be applied to the promotion by policy
- Details of Promotion Policy & Billing fee will be posted in Tizen Seller Office
Tizen OS is expected to see a very large growth in the upcoming period with the Tizen Z3 being launched in India and Russia, plus the fact that Samsung claims that Tizen is the second largest mobile OS in the budget segment in India.