Samsung has officially announced that its two new flagships, the Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 edge, will be available for pre-order in the US starting March 27th. Samsung has also confirmed that the two handsets will go on sale in the country on April 10 (instead of April 11 as was rumored recently) and will be available in all three storage variants (that’s 32GB, 64GB and 128GB).
Unfortunately, it seems the color choices will be limited to the three options that are common to both Galaxy S6 phones – consumers will be able to pick up either device in Black Sapphire, White Pearl and Gold Platinum, but not in Blue Topaz or Green Emerald, which are exclusive to the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge respectively. These colors should make their way to the market sometime later down the line (probably as exclusives for particular carriers), but the fact that they aren’t part of the initial launch is sure to disappoint many prospective customers.
AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon and US Cellular are on-board to sell both handsets, while Boost Mobile, Cricket Wireless and MetroPCS will only offer the Galaxy S6 (again, this could change later on). All the major retailers, including Best Buy, Amazon and Walmart, will also be carrying the two devices, though we will need to wait for each carrier and retailer to announce its release schedule individually.
Check out hands-on preview of the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge, and let us know whether you planning to place a pre-order for Samsung’s latest and greatest flagship smartphones.
Samsung Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge U.S. Pre-Orders Begin March 27; Available Nationwide April 10
Reimagined from the ground up, the next big thing is almost here, delivering Samsung’s most powerful smartphone experience
RIDGEFIELD PARK, NJ — March 26, 2015 — Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (Samsung), the No. 1 global smartphone manufacturer1, today announced the Galaxy S® 6 and Galaxy S® 6 edge will be available in the U.S. beginning April 10, with pre-orders starting March 27. Blending elegant, sophisticated design and high-power performance, the Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge deliver to consumers and businesses an unmatched mobile experience.
“We have completely reimagined the Galaxy experience from the ground up by listening to what matters most to our customers,” said Gregory Lee, president and CEO of Samsung Electronics North America Headquarters. “The Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge are more than just beautiful – they’re better. We’ve improved the smartphone essentials – camera, battery, display – and redesigned the phone experience so our consumer and business users are empowered to do more.”
In the U.S., the Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge will be available in Black Sapphire, White Pearl and Gold Platinum — in 32GB, 64GB and 128GB2 memory options. AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular and Verizon Wireless will carry both the Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge, while Boost Mobile, Cricket Wireless and MetroPCS will carry the Galaxy S 6. Samsung Experience Shops at Best Buy, as well as Amazon.com, Costco Wholesale, Inc., Sam’s Club, Target and Walmart will also carry the Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge. Carriers and retailers will confirm specific pricing and availability.
The Samsung Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge embody the best of form and function – packing incredible performance and features consumers and business users care most about into a beautifully sleek frame.
● Premium Materials: A unibody design blends beauty and durability, featuring Corning® Gorilla Glass® 4 and an aluminum frame so it’s durable enough to withstand everyday life.
● Advanced Camera: Intuitive front- and rear-facing cameras allow consumers to snap high-quality photos, no matter the lighting situation, and quickly capture any moment, anywhere.
● Battery Management: Power management essentials create peace of mind for users so there is no need to worry about battery life. With built-in wireless charging, users can quickly and conveniently charge their phone on almost any wireless charging platform (charging pad sold separately). Fast Charging gives users up to four hours of battery life with a 10 minute charge and a 50 percent charge in about half an hour. Ultra Power Saving Mode affords users up to 24 hours of talk and text time when the battery is at 10 percent3.
● Advanced Technology: Equipped with an advanced processor and display, the Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge elevate productivity and deliver an exceptional entertainment experience.
● Business-Ready: With Samsung KNOX, the Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge are secure and protected right out of the box. With wide support for MDM partners and KNOX enhancements enabled at launch, IT administrators can simplify deployment and device management.
● Dual Edge: The Galaxy S 6 edge breaks the traditional conventions of smartphone design to deliver the world’s first dual-edge smartphone. The edge display adds features unique to the curved design, including People Edge and information tickers so users can easily and discreetly view news updates and messaging notifications.
● Samsung’s Milk Services: Both the Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge will come preloaded on select carriers* with Samsung’s streaming entertainment apps, Milk Music™, powered by Slacker, and Milk Video™.
Consumers can get an exclusive first look at the Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge beginning March 27 at participating
AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless and U.S. Cellular stores in addition to Samsung Experience Shops at Best Buy. A list of participating locations is available at www.samsung.com/