Android 4.3 update is live Galaxy Note II in Canada

The Android 4.3 update is now rolling out to the Galaxy Note II in Canada, on multiple carriers, such as Mobilicity (SGH-T889V) and Videotron (SGH-T999V). The OTA update should be showing up on devices in the next few hours, though users can also update via Kies or download the firmware from our firmware section and upgrade manually, in case they’re unwilling to wait any longer (let’s face it, no one is, considering how Android 4.3 has been a long time coming for Samsung’s yesteryear flagships).

The Android 4.3 update brings the following changes and features:

• – GALAXY GEAR Support
  • – TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
  • – Samsung KNOX
  • – Samsung Wallet (Pre-loaded)
  • – Better RAM management
  • – Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
  • – New Samsung Keyboard
  • – GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
  • – New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
  • – New screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
  • – Daydream
  • – Driving mode
  • – Actionable notifications
  • – Move-to-SD-card feature
  • – New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
  • – New Additions in Notification Centre
  • – Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
  • – Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
  • – New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
  • – Full screen Samsung apps
  • – New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)

Firmware news 41

Bunheng
Bunheng

This to let Samsung know that users are disappointed with Samsung regarding their slow roll out update 4.3 for Note 2. I am living in Thailand and when will the update become available?

Coris000
Coris000

You will for sure do not want this last firmware on your well working Note II…
SPen app just sucks now. Never ending savings and freezes. Battery drain I was never before seen like after installed this bullshit firmware.
Media player does not work, and flicker the screen…
Lot of mess in to already installed applications…
Come on Samsung! What you did with this lot of delayed firmware?
I just want throw away my Note now after is not possible to go back to the working firmware…
DO NOT INSTALL THIS!!! Just wait for a the next update.

DulyNoted
DulyNoted

Too bad the firmware isn’t “live” on your website…

crags
crags

I’ve got the SGH – i317m from Bell, downloaded the 4.3 update but very hesitant to install it based on what I’ve been reading. Has anyone installed it without any major bugs, and if you’ve discovered bugs were you able to fix them?

Thanks for the feedback!

Targonis
Targonis

The 2GB RAM versions of the S3 are fine…1GB RAM versions are the ones that have had problems.

Targonis
Targonis

So, don’t be afraid on the Note 2.

cabroman 3000
cabroman 3000

how about with the note 2 LTE from Mexico, can i installed o should i wait for the official from Telcel??

tanerya
tanerya

türkiye ne zaman resmi 4.3 yayınlanacak acaba? bilgisi olan varmı

eminarif
eminarif

Teşekkürler 🙂

ictorn
ictorn

My next phone will be , OPPO N1 – it’s that of China. Does not discourage me, that is driven innovative system Color OS . I have 3 phones with copyright system WAVE1 , 2.3 . Called BADA . Remember the SAMSUNG such a system , so yes it was your OS . Wydymaliście people with these phones. And this is true for you , important are those who want to buy a phone , you are punished who bought your amnesia . We’re like ” Children of a Lesser God “

hagi-naser
hagi-naser

fu …. sami. where is update for i9300 without lag & bug?

hagi-naser
hagi-naser

fu …. sami. where is update for i9300 without lag & bug?

poleoldo12345
poleoldo12345

anybody knows if this canada firmware works with the note 2 4g of mexico? (sgh i317m)

clintedan
clintedan

When is it coming out for t mobile t889?

nothing4ll
nothing4ll

No Galaxy Note3 SPen features, I’m very disapointed, I already use Cyanogenmod 11 Kitkat Rom, more better!!!

nndns
nndns

Guys i’m very disappointed in SAMSUNG!
THis 4.3 update with bugs made my phone useless.

lavin41
lavin41

well it seem t-mobile has let all it’s note 2 owners down no update for us

luchiano02
luchiano02

4.3 Update for my T-Mobile Note 2 (T889), Pleaase, ANY day Now, TIC-TOC, TIC-TOC. Come On..!!!!!! SMH.. Send it already……

yinyang23
yinyang23

Ditto, still waiting on the only one that hasn’t been updated! the SGH-T889 for the USA! Now that everyone else has it, GIVE IT TO US TOO!

luchiano02
luchiano02

Its not totally Samsung fault for taking so long in rolling out updates (YES THEY HAVE A HUGE PART TO PLAY IN IT, DONT GET ME WRONG), once Samsung is finished tweaking the update its then given to the carrier, there usually the ones taking forever sending it out to there Customers, in my case T-Mobile.! Im still waiting for the 4.3 update on my Note 2. Truly upset…!!!! SMFH..!!!!!!!

kelsric
kelsric

Can I install the Canada 4.3 update on my note 2? I’m in Kenya though.

jonahan
jonahan

OpenGL ES 3.0 ???

Phoenix2
Phoenix2

Nope – OpenGL have stated on their website that the S3’s hardware doesn’t support OpenGL ES 3.0

Beauvois1518
Beauvois1518

tendra el accuweather del galaxy s4?

allcilagdo
allcilagdo

Samsung suck on rolling updates

Kronos61
Kronos61

No, you suck!

ictorn
ictorn

Close mouths , dog bar samsung.

timal973
timal973

+1 and galaxy S2 too.

timal973
timal973

+1 and galaxy S2 too.Samsung sucks… 🙁

Franz54
Franz54

Popslee
Popslee

And where is the 4.3 update for S3?

goprochyo1
goprochyo1
dear galaxy s3 owner i highly recommend you that guys don’t even try to install previous galaxy s3 official jelly bean 4.3. i have done a huge mistake that i already installed on my GS3 and i am using this more than 3 weeks. f**king problems are : 1) huge battery drain ( 100% charge – can play game only 40-50 min.) 2)you sleep full charged battery and when you wakeup in morning your battery down to 35-45 % 3)major problem is torn on screen – when you push power botton to use phone it will take minimum 5 –… Read more »
Targonis
Targonis
What you have missed is that only certain apps have a problem with the update. For myself, I have found only TWO problems with the 4.3 update for the AT&T version of the Galaxy S3(i747): Showtime Anytime app has issues with Screen Mirroring(formerly known as AllShare Cast). Previously downloaded files keep showing the notifications about the downloads(fixed by clearing the old download cache). That is it, and 4.3 makes the phone feel MUCH faster. The problems most people have had with the update are caused by individual apps not liking the update process. Easy solution is a factory reset after… Read more »
yundroid80
yundroid80

yes i agree what is the goprochyo1 say..lots of bugs you get it when you update your s3 to 4.3 and you can’t turn back your s3 to 4.1.2 with your country firmware and make your phone lost signal and emei when downgrade to 4.1.2..if you want downgrade s3 to 4.1.2 just use XXMG4 firmware to get signal and emei back..before that samsung skip 4.2 update and make to 4.3 update to s3..now 4.3 update skip again after lots of bugs s3 user get it..SAMSUNG make all s3 user disappointed..

ictorn
ictorn

Yes i’ve never seen more s h i t on the phone as JB ANDROID 4.3

Franz54
Franz54

Neenus
Neenus

Dude the update for Galaxy S3 has been out since November 25th check your phone for an update unless your GS3 is rooted then you need to download it manually and you can do it right here on Sammobile the firmware page

Popslee
Popslee

Poland, Tmobil, and “The latest updates have already been installed. My S3 isn’t rooted. The Samsung take back the update, because it has a lot of bug.

Redaller
Redaller

Dude that’s not an update – it’s a major fail.

Neenus
Neenus
I honestly don’t know what is everyone talking about I updated my GS3 with the official firmware from rogers and I have no problem not one of what goprochyo mentioned below I’m even using my gear with it and so far no problems what so ever; I was worried as well when I wanted to install because of all the reviews I read online but then again it was all for GS3 international model the GT-I9300 couldn’t find one review for the Canadian model SGH-I747M so I installed it and sure enough its working for me perfectly; and honestly I… Read more »
tigernewskai