Posted by Danny D. 5 months ago

Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 (GT-I9200) starts receiving KitKat update

kitkat-feature

All the leaks and rumors suggested that the Galaxy Mega 6.3 would be getting the KitKat update by June, but it looks Samsung is starting the party early. The Galaxy Mega 6.3 is beginning to receive the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update (build number I9200XXUDNE4) in Russia via Kies, and we’re guessing it will soon start popping up as an over-the-air update as well. As usual, it will be a few weeks before the update begins to reach other regions, though you can always try manually pulling the update from the Settings » About phone » Software updates menu.

Expect to see the standard KitKat features we’ve seen on other Samsung devices that were updated to KitKat, including faster performance, white status bar icons, improved battery life, full-screen album art (which playing music) and a camera shortcut on the lock screen, wireless printing support, ability to set the default messaging and launcher apps, and more.

Interested folks can download the firmware file from our firmware section, though we would suggest against flashing this on a Mega 6.3 outside Russia unless you know what you’re doing.

Firmware Details:

•  Model: GT-I9200
  •  Model name: GALAXY Mega 6.3
  •  Country: Russia
  •  Version: Android 4.4.2
  •  Changelist: 1496181
  •  Build date: Wed, 21 May 2014 14:36:09 +0000
  •  Product Code: SER
  •  PDA: I9200XXUDNE4
  •  CSC: I9200SERDNE4
  •  MODEM: I9200XXUDNE4

15 comments on “Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 (GT-I9200) starts receiving KitKat update

1. blackrow 5 months ago said:

Shame samsung shame.

Kitkat update 512 MB All to device working samsung 1 gb s3 no working

2. tomikt 5 months ago said:

when will we get i9305′s kikat update?

3. kunkatio 5 months ago said:

lanet olsun samsung 512 MB All to device working samsung 1 gb s3

4. kunkatio 5 months ago said:

Kitkat update 512 MB All to device working samsung 1 gb s3 no working

5. Ruben56 5 months ago said:

Samsung Galaxy Ace Style – 512MB RAM – Kitkat
    Samsung Galaxy S3 – 1GB RAM – No Kitkat
    S3 can run kitkat very good….

• amosthecoolboy 5 months ago said:

s3 has so many feature to get packed onto with kikat but a 800~850MB won’t be able to handle that so.. S3 might not be getting official KitKat but some custom ROMs are though available..

• Shurandy 5 months ago said:

go cry a river, galaxy ace is released with kitkat.
      I honestly do not understand your point you are trying to compare something purely based on RAM?

6. Shurandy 5 months ago said:

S3 users are still crying that their S3 gets no kitkat, pretty sad. you must believe in your device (rightly) does not get updated.
    which also can be explained, device is already more than 2 years old so in fact you have no right to speak. Just buy a new (samsung) and you can also enjoy your handkerchiefs KitKat and storage.

Very sad, words can not describe to you busy winery.

7. taily0021 5 months ago said:

Wich Mega 6.3 LTE I9205 get kitkat update?

8. Albert94 5 months ago said:

how about Samsung Galaxy Mega with LTE(GT-I9205) version ? will it get the update ?

9. wongsoonhoong 5 months ago said:

when Samsung Galaxy Mega LTE(GT-I9205) get the update??

10. Danteepl 5 months ago said:

I have Mega i9205 and ive gotten the update to 4.4.2 yesterday OTA :)

11. aungzinwin 5 months ago said:

please update give me sir Country: Thailand please my witch update

12. muath salah 5 months ago said: