Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE (GT-I9505) receives official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update

After the Exynos variant, Samsung has just started to roll out Android 4.4.2 KitKat upgrade to the Snapdragon variant of the Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505). For the first time ever the Exynos variant has received a major update before the Snapdragon variant, usually it’s the other way around.

The new Android 4.4.2 brings minor UI changes, the most noticeable change being the use of KitKat style white status bar icons instead of the multi-colour icons Samsung has been using in all of its devices until now. The phone has also received a performance boost with the latest update and there is an increase in benchmark scores, as well. Samsung has improved the lock-screen by adding a camera shortcut directly on to the lock-screen for quick access and while playing music the album art now shows up in full screen. Samsung’s keyboard layout has been improved for use in landscape mode, which makes gesture typing easy and much faster. Core Android 4.4.2 changes include: wireless printing, new emojis support, choice between stock messaging app and Hangouts for SMS/MMS, option for changing default launchers under settings, and more.

SAMSUNG CSCThe software update is being rolled out in phases, so it may not yet be available in your country at the moment but don’t worry it will arrive very soon. If your device is carrier branded then it might take sometime as the update has to get improved by the carrier first and only then Samsung will make it available for your device.

To update your Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat, connect your device to your computer and use Samsung Kies or simply use Samsung’s OTA (over-the-air) service. To download and install the firmware via OTA, go to Settings > More > About Device > Software update > Update.

Model: GT-I9505
Model name: Galaxy S 4 LTE
Country: Germany
Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: 481100
Build date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 11:47:45 +0000
Product Code: DBT

All new Android 4.4 KitKat Firmwares for the Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) are present in our Firmware Section, as well. You can use our Firmware Section to manually update your device if for some reason you can’t officially update your device via Samsung Kies or via OTA as you might be using a Custom ROM or if your country has not yet received the Android 4.4 KitKat update. Also, bookmark this page as we will keep this page up to date with the latest information on countries and carriers releasing the new update.

Screenshots (From leaked Android 4.4.2 Build)

Firmware news 150

blay trane
1 year 12 hours ago

Plz help me, how can i get 4G lte on my samsung galaxy s4 GT-I9505 help please

1 year 8 days ago

hello sammobile nice site thanks I want to ask this version there Bulgarian language I have samsung galaxy s4 i9505 from Bulgaria I will be there a good version of this phone

1 year 4 months ago

is it normal that i still don’t have the update.. :/

1 year 4 months ago

I have a GT-i9505 16 GB with the XXUBMGA 4.2.2 rooted with cfAutoroot and Super SU. I am afraid to update to 4.4.2 as I have seen issues arising on the Exynos Version. I have the Snapdragon 1.9 quad. Has anyone here updated to KK and seen any problems yet. Thanks

1 year 5 months ago

I’m trying to download the new ataulizada firmwere 4.4.2 for the GT-I9505 galaxy s4 and firmwere stops the download before it is finished what do I do? Can someone provide me another link to download this latest firmwere to Brazil?

1 year 5 months ago

1 year 5 months ago

Hey… I from Asia Region.. Is there any action for Asia S4 user…
Thanu u ..

1 year 5 months ago

GT-I9505 XXUBMF7 THIS MODEL PHONE WHEN TO NEW VERSION 4.3 OR FUTURE 4.4.2.KITKAT Kies can not support injustice to us WHY WE ARE UPDATING holding out. NUMBER OF SAMSUNG AUTHORIZED SAMSUNG GT-I9505 Woe XXUBMF7 THAN NEW FirmWire regretted that I could not do many spelling AL

1 year 6 months ago

I’m from India and my GT-I9505 is bought from Australia,
I want to upgrade acoording to UK,….is it possible or does it create problems??

1 year 6 months ago

why is the phone overheat soo much?

1 year 6 months ago

HI, my samsung galaxy s4 i9505xxuemke is still running on JB. when i tried to check for updates it says that i have the latest version installed.

and I can see everywhere you are all having android 4.+++ kitkat versions.

how can I update my S4? please help…

P.s. also i tried on kies 3… still no update for kitkat
thanks all

1 year 6 months ago

Hi, I am from South Africa, I do have a i9505 and
wanted to know if i can install this one because it take very long
until the update come to South Africa. Will it void my Warranty?

1 year 6 months ago

this firmware is very well

1 year 7 months ago

Seems that yet again Samsung has introduced media playback issues with their Touchwiz firmware. 4.1.2 did not play HLS audio, and 4.2.2 also has problems with HLS audio playback. Any kind of seeking in the audio and it fails. Terrible shame that these things are not properly tested. A vanilla 4.2.2 or Cyanogenmod for example has no such issues – it’s Samsung’s custom media player that fails with this kind of streaming. You will notice that the majority of radio streaming apps for example are forced to rely on software audio decoding using FFMPEG or similar, which although open source code, still requires that the software vendor must pay an uncapped license fee for audio decoding if using AAC(i guess most don’t pay this as this would be very expensive!)

1 year 7 months ago

donde descargo la room?

1 year 7 months ago

I have i9505 product code xsb..when will come update 4.4.2

1 year 8 months ago

o2 uk 4.2.2 kitkat…nicely done :)go s4 :-p

1 year 8 months ago

Since i have android 4.4.2 there is smearing/ghosting on my samsung s4.
i hate it!
i hope there is going to be a fix for it!

1 year 8 months ago

Hello i have Galaxy S4 JDQ39.I9500XXUBMG9 and i still 4.2.2 software and no update reach to my phone can anyone help me to explain why i couldn’t update me phone

1 year 8 months ago

hello where is the link to get kitkat for my S4 i9505 ??

am from morocco , please help

1 year 8 months ago

Who has problems with battery drain in 4.4.2 ?

1 year 8 months ago

Battery drain, unable to hide apps, unable to restore previously hidden apps, unable to write to the external SD card etc etc etc.
This is the worst firmware ever created by Google and Samsung.

1 year 8 months ago

why this page dónt update with the latest information on countries and carriers releasing the new update

1 year 8 months ago

Finally Vodafone UK got Kitkat!

1 year 8 months ago

hello i bought s4 LTE i9505 from muskut .and i leave in india ..i dint recieve kitkat update yet thru ota…now i want to update manually ..which update i can use…pls provide the links

1 year 8 months ago

Anyone have Screen Rotation and Air View problems?