Posted by Faryaab S. 7 months ago

Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE (GT-I9505) receives official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update

???????????

After the Exynos variant, Samsung has just started to roll out Android 4.4.2 KitKat upgrade to the Snapdragon variant of the Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505). For the first time ever the Exynos variant has received a major update before the Snapdragon variant, usually it’s the other way around.

The new Android 4.4.2 brings minor UI changes, the most noticeable change being the use of KitKat style white status bar icons instead of the multi-colour icons Samsung has been using in all of its devices until now. The phone has also received a performance boost with the latest update and there is an increase in benchmark scores, as well. Samsung has improved the lock-screen by adding a camera shortcut directly on to the lock-screen for quick access and while playing music the album art now shows up in full screen. Samsung’s keyboard layout has been improved for use in landscape mode, which makes gesture typing easy and much faster. Core Android 4.4.2 changes include: wireless printing, new emojis support, choice between stock messaging app and Hangouts for SMS/MMS, option for changing default launchers under settings, and more.

SAMSUNG CSCThe software update is being rolled out in phases, so it may not yet be available in your country at the moment but don’t worry it will arrive very soon. If your device is carrier branded then it might take sometime as the update has to get improved by the carrier first and only then Samsung will make it available for your device.

To update your Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat, connect your device to your computer and use Samsung Kies or simply use Samsung’s OTA (over-the-air) service. To download and install the firmware via OTA, go to Settings > More > About Device > Software update > Update.

Model: GT-I9505
Model name: Galaxy S 4 LTE
Country: Germany
Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: 481100
Build date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 11:47:45 +0000
Product Code: DBT
PDA: I9505XXUFNB8
CSC: I9505OXAFNB8
MODEM: I9505XXUFNB8

All new Android 4.4 KitKat Firmwares for the Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) are present in our Firmware Section, as well. You can use our Firmware Section to manually update your device if for some reason you can’t officially update your device via Samsung Kies or via OTA as you might be using a Custom ROM or if your country has not yet received the Android 4.4 KitKat update. Also, bookmark this page as we will keep this page up to date with the latest information on countries and carriers releasing the new update.

Screenshots (From leaked Android 4.4.2 Build)

147 comments on “Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE (GT-I9505) receives official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update

1. baogangjun 7 months ago said:

wow.can’t wait to flash it>

2. ansarcec 7 months ago said:

NOTHING IN BELGIUM

3. maslmy 7 months ago said:

i kept refresh this page since morning to check the firmaware
    i gota feeling today is day for z kitkat :)

i have question :

am a meddle east country
    if i want to install this ROM , is any bad change to my phone will happen

cause i see its for Germany

thanks

• baogangjun 7 months ago said:

I kept refresh the page for several days, as I know, there is nothing bad will happen, maybe only you can not set the local language.

• maslmy 7 months ago said:

that’s good if it’s only will affect the local language

i cant wait any more for new firmware :)

tnx

• hebobo 7 months ago said:

You just have to be sure your model number is I9505. then you can flash away :)

• maslmy 7 months ago said:

yah my model is I9505

but when i reached 35% downloaded or above , connection get down
            from sammobile server :(

• Daruis 7 months ago said:

Nothing bad will happen except some services you won’t be able to use because they are not available in the middle east,I’m running Russian version in my i9500 and I live in Jordan and it’s working smoothly , just make sure you version is gt-i9505

4. xAllanKx 7 months ago said:

it’s downloading so slow :(
    i cannot wait to have this firmware, we have waited for so long

5. cheque90 7 months ago said:

downloading now

6. YOSEFE 7 months ago said:

Thanks for this. I have 5,2 and 1 day left to download? This is very slow.

7. corduroysack 7 months ago said:

Come on BTU :o)

8. marck77 7 months ago said:

is it safe to upgrade directly from the leaked FNAD using ODIN? Is it a wipe firwmare or does it keep all the data unchanged?

9. StarKnight 7 months ago said:

Is bootloader the same as the leaked one (FNAD) ? Will it be possible to use the official KitKat for a different country (Italy) when it will be avaible (as usual it might take weeks after the German roll-out) ?

10. pavely 7 months ago said:

When is it going to arrive to England BTU?

11. q8peace 7 months ago said:

i don’t see any different seriously between 4.3 and 4.4

12. demlasjr 7 months ago said:

I have the S4 32GB DBT (German version) and my phone says there is no update available. Doh.

13. lolatyou123 7 months ago said:
  14. jazsam 7 months ago said:

what is the difference between this one and the leaked?

15. Eugeniu 7 months ago said:

1 hour lets see…

16. molinin 7 months ago said:

For samsung galaxy i9505 pHe for spain????

17. nosk8fx 7 months ago said:

you had to remove everything from todays S5 leaks?!

18. pipoo 7 months ago said:

Just flashed, can’t see a lot of difference from jb

19. lewis-brooks 7 months ago said:

Shame they have not put the “hide application” option into the apps launcher :-(

20. leotrimhasani 7 months ago said:

I Start to dawnload it with dawload menager it’s coming so fast 1MB/sec ???

21. mohamed77 7 months ago said:

THE LINK PLZ

22. Edvin Rush 7 months ago said:

Hi, i have gt-i9505 bought from ireland (vodafone unlocked). Is it safe to update???

23. elijahtcc 7 months ago said:

Can I update this with Odin? Also, do I need update modem firmware before updating the 4.4.2 firmware?

Thanks.

24. Vampiro 7 months ago said:

Updated mine thru kies (DBT). But I don’t have the camera button on my lockscreen… Where do I eneable that? Also, i sence some color blur on the menus if scroll them up and down fast…

25. androidloverbe 7 months ago said:

Done upgraded no issues.

26. pizarristico 7 months ago said:

this include spanish languaje?

27. garrampb 7 months ago said:

e o brasil nada kkkkkk

28. garrampb 7 months ago said:

sera que tem tem como colocar essa rom em ptbr

29. dippi 7 months ago said:

hi Will the german firmware kitkat work on a spanish or finnish phone.

30. mile13 7 months ago said:
  31. oxfordmark 7 months ago said:

I wonder when other Eurpean countries will follow, doesnt this normally happen?

Germany gets it then the next day other countries flood in?

• pedling 7 months ago said:

Yes, usually after 10-14 days.. depends on if there is no problems with the German one…(There was problems with S3 android 4.3 i think it was the UK version, which delayed other countries)

32. ggek9 7 months ago said:

i cannot download!!!!!

33. srlunar 7 months ago said:

Everything worked fine here

34. gabylitcan25 7 months ago said:

Can anyone let a download link please ?
    It write bad gateway when I try to put model and that other thinks.

35. ovidiu21 7 months ago said:

i don`t have the shortcut to the camera on the lockscreen too.what should i do. i made full wipe and cathe before and after .

36. DJACID 7 months ago said:

You need to go into setting and enable lock screen apps first

• Vampiro 7 months ago said:

In DBT roms the camera shortcut doesn’t work!

BTW, anyone with blurred/ghost color in the menus? (Just scroll up and down, not to fast, to see it)

• cloud strife 7 months ago said:

AMIGO YO TENIA ESE PROBLEMA Y LO SOLUCIONE DESCARGANDO i9505XXUFNB9 DE SPAIN.

37. AdLiui 7 months ago said:

I’ve been waiting too long for this. At last I got it.

38. diyarovu 7 months ago said:

color blurred. please correct it. everything else is good.

39. walty2013 7 months ago said:

I don’t have the camera shortcut on the lockscreen. how to fix? pls help….

40. calugaru_ionut 7 months ago said:

Mirror please

41. 168luki 7 months ago said:

how to fix the camera on lockscreen? i dont have a shortcut on lockscreen, pls help

42. THilgenberg 7 months ago said:

Two things about the update
    1. Don’t if you rely heavily on you SD card – you will lose a lot of functionality, such as backing up or sharing data. Only system apps can read and WRITE to the external SD card now in 4.4.2

2. Samsung keyboard is still limited on practical punctuation. I would prefer the full stop to be a comma because double tapping gives me a full stop anyway. Ever time I need a comma, I need to switch to the numerical keyboard or hold down on the full stop key – both making things slower than they need to be.

• faraaz29 7 months ago said:

Yeah I’m not updating because of this SD card thing. I use my an external SD card a lot and this basically renders it useless so now I’m waiting to see if Samsung outs and update that works around this. I’m also looking around for custom ROMs on XDA to see if they don’t have this issue. Right now I’m looking into the Omega ROM and so far, it looks promising.

• izephyr 7 months ago said:

If you have not already figured out, there is a solution out there which will fix SD card on kitkat i9505. I have fixed this with Folder Mount. Install this from market, and open it. It will patch the system and will reboot. Then you’re good to go. By the way, you will have to need root for this. If you are not sure about root, search xda and root your device.

43. ziaaab 7 months ago said:

is samsung going to release 4.4.2 for s3 (i9300) ?

44. evolbyte 7 months ago said:

I have a dumb question : flashing this over stock 4.3 will do a full whipe right ? Or will it just upgrade ?

Rooting not needed because it’s stock 4.4.2 ?

45. jerorios84 7 months ago said:

no me aparece en la pantalla de bloqueo el icono de la camara de fotos para iniciar la aplicacion y no veo ninguna opcion de ponerlo, asi que yo no veo diferencias apenas en este root y ni si quiera se si es el original

46. eXec0101 7 months ago said:

I Have (SEB Baltic)JB 4.3 S4 GT-I9505 Can I flash this DBT KK 4.4.2 via ODIN to my S4 ???
    last time I’ve test SEB JB 4.2.2 to DBT JB 4.3 Wireless not working

47. iwantschak 7 months ago said:

I have installed this update this morning and noticed when I plugged my phone in to charge it has got very hot and alerted me that it is 40 degrees celcius, has anyone else had this problem yet, I live in UK and use O2 branded phone. This rom is definatley for I9505 which is mine.

48. livera117 7 months ago said:

anyone know if this works on sgs4 i337m?

49. rami206 7 months ago said:

I Updated my device this morning (Germany), I was disappointed as it looks like the device became slower a bit and no serious changes, on the other hand I Could not change Run-time mode to ART like the Google stock edition ..

50. evert valverde 7 months ago said:

When for sgs4 i337m?

51. leandroaps 7 months ago said:

Can anyone share the file across the MEGA?
    This link isn’t working!

Thanks!!!
    :D

52. hugguito 7 months ago said:

mirror please or this is because the premium$$$?

53. bartking 7 months ago said:

Flashed mine today and got some issues such as wifi isnt enabling, when you press the button it automatically shuts it self or turns off and a security notice pop’s up that an action has been blocked.

other issue is that i cant change the lock screen security, it says disabled by administrator, encryption policy or credential storage.

nothing seem to be working, so moving back to 4.3

54. nsantoso88 7 months ago said:

Can I install this version on Australian Gt-I9505 that are not Locked to provider? Can I flash it via odin?

• laurciocoiu 7 months ago said:

yes the version works on any gt-i9505 and any mobile provider or network, flash with odin should work just fine. after flash boot into recovery and do a wipe dalvik cache and factory reset and you will have a brand new and fresh android kitkat 4.4.2 running smoothly on your device. ps. i have 2 gt-i9505 one from england and one from romania, on both running kitkat 4.4.2 Germany with no problems just follow my instruction and you should have no problems

55. m4gg0t 7 months ago said:

what happens if the update fails on you?

56. laurciocoiu 7 months ago said:

best update via odin and from a laptop with full battery and the laptop in the electricity socket

57. dack23 7 months ago said:

updatet with odin triggered my knox 0×1

• LightMoon 7 months ago said:

Really ?!
      I’ve some difficulty when try to upgrade in OTA mode, in every try after reboote I got failed message.
      I have question about upgrading vi Odin, I want to know even upgrading to official Android 4.4.2 KitKat via Odin will trigger the Knox ?

Any similar experience ?

58. Ricardoapo78 7 months ago said:

not appear to me the camera shortcut on the lock screen

59. oxfordmark 7 months ago said:

I am starting to have a bad feeling. It seems that the update may be really buggy and other Samsung countries are ironing them out.

60. mitchellt1 7 months ago said:

Come on BTU!!!!

• pavely 7 months ago said:

As I understood from the comments there are two main problems:
      1. No camera shortcut in the lock screen.
      2. When swiping down or up, the colors get blurred.

I, too, want that BTU gets it but it seems it is better for us to wait till they fix all the bugs.

61. manuto 7 months ago said:

I installed the leaked version 4.4.2 with AP I9505XXUFNA5, CP and I9505XXUFNA5 and CSC I9505OXAFNA5.
    When will be released in ITALY, I can install the 4.4.2 without problems?
    There will be no effect on the warranty?

62. choice2rejoice 7 months ago said:

Strange! I was going to delete shutter sounds etc. and was going to set system on rw and it was already set on rw? Also persdata/absolute is set on rw. That’s not normal is it?!

63. oxfordmark 7 months ago said:

Its out for Nordic Countries now!

64. saad.rangara 7 months ago said:

I installed German version on S4 I9505 BTU
    everything works fine instead of WIFI
    I can’t turn on my WIFI.

65. SammySix 7 months ago said:

Just got the update today (NEE)

You all complain about missing camera shortcut, but it is there, but only when you don’t have a code for your lockscreen (As always)

So the only thing to complain about is the blurred lines in the menu.

66. Criminalu 7 months ago said:

My camera lockscreen dosen’t apprear. I tried to activate it from the lockscreen settings but still nothing.Any suggestions ?

67. wonderham 7 months ago said:

Apps can´t write on SD-Card bug still not fixed …

68. jorgedias 7 months ago said:

Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat,how can i now the latest information on countries and carriers releasing the new update?

69. naummich 7 months ago said:

Why can’t i update in Denmark? It’s still out for the Nordic Countries.

70. mohammed44 7 months ago said:

if I downloaded a leaked for my phone will I get this update OTA if not is it going to be for every update or just this one.Also If I cant get this update OTA how will I get it.

71. nabludatel 7 months ago said:

Hi everyone, I just update my S4 couple days ago and I have couple issues.
    The device some time freezing when the screen is of and doesn’t comes up. I need to restart it. It’s not issue when the device freezing because of overheating.
    Does anyone have suggestions for me? I already format it (factory defaults) and changed the battery to a new one.
    Thanks.

72. danaandroid 7 months ago said:

I need downgrading to 4.3 !!

73. M4drasta 7 months ago said:

Screen rotation has stopped working in this firware

74. ivor1701 7 months ago said:

We are now into March and still no kitkat for BTU

75. pavely 7 months ago said:

Kitkat for BTU please!

76. Khaled Khattab 7 months ago said:

Battery Life is horrible
    Anonymous Freezes
    Shadowing when scrolling
    No major changes at all
    WTF, Samsung!

77. calugaru_ionut 7 months ago said:

Hi. 4.4.2 is now available for I9505 for Vodafone Romania!

78. markitosoy 7 months ago said:

flasheada con exito!!!
    primera experiencia es el tremendo lag en la transicion de las pantallas y la tardanza en abrir apps.
    la camara no funciona correctamente, se queda bugeada, no me reconoce la galeria, no lee los archivos dentro de la targeta sd.(galeria de fotos y videos)
    tremenda decepcion esta version de 4.4.2
    soluciones ya!!!
    gracias un saludo.

79. romanson 7 months ago said:

After kitkat update my sd card works fine i have no problem with that.
    There is a lag when opening apps and display is smudged in menu which is whery ugly.
    I was wondering will there be a fix for this issue soon

80. kpatel90 7 months ago said:

Anyone know if the update has been released for Vodafone UK customers?

81. lewy95 7 months ago said:

Anyone have Screen Rotation and Air View problems?

82. shaik12 7 months ago said:

hello i bought s4 LTE i9505 from muskut .and i leave in india ..i dint recieve kitkat update yet thru ota…now i want to update manually ..which update i can use…pls provide the links

83. mitchellt1 7 months ago said:

Finally Vodafone UK got Kitkat!

84. jorgedias 7 months ago said:

why this page dónt update with the latest information on countries and carriers releasing the new update

85. lupone22 7 months ago said:

Who has problems with battery drain in 4.4.2 ?

• jortlaban 7 months ago said:

Battery drain, unable to hide apps, unable to restore previously hidden apps, unable to write to the external SD card etc etc etc.
      This is the worst firmware ever created by Google and Samsung.

86. sassalimi 7 months ago said:

hello where is the link to get kitkat for my S4 i9505 ??

am from morocco , please help

thanks

87. ahmedharb87 7 months ago said:

Hello i have Galaxy S4 JDQ39.I9500XXUBMG9 and i still 4.2.2 software and no update reach to my phone can anyone help me to explain why i couldn’t update me phone

88. jasmine0106 7 months ago said:

Since i have android 4.4.2 there is smearing/ghosting on my samsung s4.
    i hate it!
    i hope there is going to be a fix for it!

89. shmokeyuk 7 months ago said:

o2 uk 4.2.2 kitkat…nicely done :)go s4 :-p

90. tdrbgd87 7 months ago said:

I have i9505 product code xsb..when will come update 4.4.2

91. danielquiroz85 7 months ago said:

donde descargo la room?

92. GalaxyMofo 7 months ago said:

Seems that yet again Samsung has introduced media playback issues with their Touchwiz firmware. 4.1.2 did not play HLS audio, and 4.2.2 also has problems with HLS audio playback. Any kind of seeking in the audio and it fails. Terrible shame that these things are not properly tested. A vanilla 4.2.2 or Cyanogenmod for example has no such issues – it’s Samsung’s custom media player that fails with this kind of streaming. You will notice that the majority of radio streaming apps for example are forced to rely on software audio decoding using FFMPEG or similar, which although open source code, still requires that the software vendor must pay an uncapped license fee for audio decoding if using AAC(i guess most don’t pay this as this would be very expensive!)

93. maka2012 7 months ago said:

this firmware is very well

94. Ojisanc 7 months ago said:

Hi, I am from South Africa, I do have a i9505 and
    wanted to know if i can install this one because it take very long
    until the update come to South Africa. Will it void my Warranty?

95. sickwatea 7 months ago said:

HI, my samsung galaxy s4 i9505xxuemke is still running on JB. when i tried to check for updates it says that i have the latest version installed.

and I can see everywhere you are all having android 4.+++ kitkat versions.

how can I update my S4? please help…

P.s. also i tried on kies 3… still no update for kitkat
    thanks all

96. stankoi 7 months ago said:

why is the phone overheat soo much?

97. shaktisolanki 7 months ago said:

I’m from India and my GT-I9505 is bought from Australia,
    I want to upgrade acoording to UK,….is it possible or does it create problems??

98. polat1907 7 months ago said:

GT-I9505 XXUBMF7 THIS MODEL PHONE WHEN TO NEW VERSION 4.3 OR FUTURE 4.4.2.KITKAT Kies can not support injustice to us WHY WE ARE UPDATING holding out. NUMBER OF SAMSUNG AUTHORIZED SAMSUNG GT-I9505 Woe XXUBMF7 THAN NEW FirmWire regretted that I could not do many spelling AL

99. Babybamboo 7 months ago said:

Hey… I from Asia Region.. Is there any action for Asia S4 user…
    GT-I9505XXUEMJ5
    Thanu u ..

100. othorsimon 7 months ago said:

I’m trying to download the new ataulizada firmwere 4.4.2 for the GT-I9505 galaxy s4 and firmwere stops the download before it is finished what do I do? Can someone provide me another link to download this latest firmwere to Brazil?

101. othorsimon 7 months ago said:

102. DrPixel 7 months ago said:

I have a GT-i9505 16 GB with the XXUBMGA 4.2.2 rooted with cfAutoroot and Super SU. I am afraid to update to 4.4.2 as I have seen issues arising on the Exynos Version. I have the Snapdragon 1.9 quad. Has anyone here updated to KK and seen any problems yet. Thanks

103. samer109 7 months ago said:

is it normal that i still don’t have the update.. :/