Posted by Faryaab S. 7 months ago

???????????

It’s been a few weeks since the official Android 4.4 KitKat release for the Galaxy Note 3 and the Galaxy S4 has still not received its update by Samsung. Plus, it’s been a while since we released a test build, so we decided to release one of the latest test firmwares – I9505XXUFNAD – for you folks out there who are still on 4.3 or the previous KitKat test build.

The new Android 4.4.2 update brings minor UI changes, the most noticeable change being the use of KitKat style white status bar icons instead of the multi-colour icons Samsung has been using in all of its devices until now. The phone has also received a performance boost with the latest update and there is an increase in benchmark scores, as well. Samsung has improved the lock-screen by adding a camera shortcut directly on to the lock-screen for quick access and while playing music the album art now shows up in full screen. Samsung’s keyboard layout has been improved for use in landscape mode, which makes gesture typing easy and much faster. Core Android 4.4.2 changes include: wireless printing, new emojis support, choice between stock messaging app and Hangouts for SMS/MMS, option for changing default launchers under settings, and more.
S4-KitKat Model: GT-I9505
Country: Open Europe
Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: 481100
Build date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 22:02:19 +0000
Product Code: OXX
PDA: I9505XXUFNAD
CSC: I9505OXXFNA2
MODEM: I9505XXUFNAD
Download: Discussion Thread

Screenshots

89 comments on “Exclusive: I9505XXUFNAD – Leaked Android 4.4.2 KitKat Test Firmware for Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505)

1. Droid69 7 months ago said:

Where is the FM radio app??????

2. gabor820212 7 months ago said:

Where can I download this free??? Because in free download, the max download size is 1024MB, but the ROM size is 1,5GB. Thanks.

3. zokni1996 7 months ago said:

OMG… again terafile… :’(((

4. misa_nick 7 months ago said:

What about Google now on left slider? Is that avaluable?

5. stuartfrew 7 months ago said:

wont let me download as its over a allowable limit :( GUTTED

6. conan2 7 months ago said:

terafile limit ;/

7. andi_96_1 7 months ago said:

where to download:((

8. dack23 7 months ago said:

2 questions
    igot Product Code: OXA can i use this testfirmware with my phone?
    will i be able to autoupdate to the final release OTA?

• nerobdms 7 months ago said:

1. You can use with I9505 without any question.
      2. No, the custom firmware disallow auto update. however, you will be allow auto update if you will be installed official firmware. i think there is no issue.

9. Hypnorino 7 months ago said:

Can you ‘decide to release’ a Note 2 KK test firmware too? :)

10. eliezerjk 7 months ago said:

is there any information when will samsung push the official kitkat update via OTA or kies?

11. zatanaz 7 months ago said:

Hello! When GT-I9500 4.4.2 TEST will be available? Thanks

• nerobdms 7 months ago said:

There is no ETA. Just keep in your mind to search in sammobile.com with this keyword “I9500″ if there any updates available, then you will be find searching by keyword.

12. grasnek 7 months ago said:

Did they remove the shutter sound of the cam yet? Can anyone confirm?

• nerobdms 7 months ago said:

I think you are feeling a little bit hesitation when using camera, because the camera shutter sound still working. In this version actually same as your (if you use 4.4.2) version. By the way turn off shutter sound by mannually, see Notification Panel > Sound. Click to Vibrate or Silent. Should be ok.

13. tomikt 7 months ago said:
  14. sanjidasona 7 months ago said:

its has been anything different or c between from I9505XXUFNAD I9505XXUFNA1 I9505XXUFNA5 ? any thing improved?

15. pepitona 7 months ago said:

9505? Really? Another firmware for the qualcomm model and your own exynos model nothing. Samsung is a crap with ur own CPU.

16. chawrash 7 months ago said:

4.4.2 does not have any major changes that were completed 4.3

• nerobdms 7 months ago said:

Fix for delivery of the voicemail indicator
      Various “additional software fixes”
      Security enhancements
      According to +JR Raphael, fixes the SMS denial-of-service vulnerability that had been previously reported
      ART-related bug fixes (including fixes to address the WhatsApp Messenger app)
      The new Photo application is now the default Gallery application when swiping out of the Camera application
      Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes

17. Anhan 7 months ago said:

why i9505???
    why why???
    why not i9500????????????????

18. stuartfrew 7 months ago said:

why cant i install onto the fn5 firmware ?

19. osad3einy 7 months ago said:

Nothing for GT-I9500 ?

20. mnasrm 7 months ago said:

Hello! When GT-I9500 4.4.2 TEST will be available? Thanks

21. jorel91 7 months ago said:

When will b available for the I-9500..??

22. georgesamsung 7 months ago said:

Salut, Sunt din Romania…Nu imi vine sa cred ca ati recurs la asemea lacomie, Credeam ca firma Samsung este o firma serioasa si Sammobile site partener, dar daca ati ajunj sa va pretati sa cereti bani pe aceste rom-uri…dupa ce riscam sa ne stricam telefoanele telefoanele,… aveam o pasiune si nimic mai mult sa facem update de firmware am cumparat un i9505 pt asta. dar acum am sa il vand si am sa imi cumpar un IPHONE 5S. Good Bye Samsung!!!

23. gogolak 7 months ago said:

Salut george. Imi pare bine sa vad ca mai sunt si alti romani pasionati ca mine:) din ce stiu eu sammobile nu este site partener samsung ci doar un site care a fost construit de oameni care sunt la fel de pasionati ca si noi. Sunt fan samsung de mult timp. Am avut s2 s3 si acum am s4(i9505), si sincer am fost mereu multumit. Site-ul a fost reconstruit si probabil inca au anumite probleme…nu cred ca o sa ceara vreodata cineva bani pt niste softuri care sunt free.. probabil au si ei niste probleme si merita sa le acordam timp ca sa le rezolve… ideea ta de a.ti cumpara iphone nu este una chiar atat de buna. Este i tradevar mai rapid..dar nu cred ca se merita sa dai atatia bani pe un telefon care ofera doar un mic spor de performanta. Ecranul la s4 este net superior celui de pe 5s. Camera foto este aproximativ la fel de buna exceptand conditile de luminozitate scazuta unde iphone-ul este superior. Deci acei 300 de euro in plus nu cred ca se merita. Eu zic doar sa ai rabdare. O seara placuta:)

24. georgesamsung 7 months ago said:

Am pus pe google I9505XXUFNAD_I9505OXXFNA2_I9505XXUFNAD_OXX.zip si am gasit de unde sa il downloadez…

25. erd 7 months ago said:

Come on Samsung, did you forget your i9500 model for S4? We did not get any update while i9505 users get second test firmware.
    Please give us information about the any kind of 4.4.2 firmware release date for i9500..

26. gogolak 7 months ago said:

Cauta pe xda-developers.com acolo gasesti orice:) custom rom-uri ,kernel-uri etc cautati device-ul pe forum si gasesti orice vrei despre el.

27. gogolak 7 months ago said:

Eu m.am obisnuit deja sa nu imi mai pun aceste leak-uri :)) am invatat sa am rabdare. Mie sincer imi merge excelent 4.3 stock de la samsung

28. georgesamsung 7 months ago said:

Write I9505XXUFNAD_I9505OXXFNA2_I9505XXUFNAD_OXX.zip google and you will find where to download …

29. georgesamsung 7 months ago said:

Cu 4.4.2 FNA5 tine bateria mai mult cu 10% in rest e totul lafel ca 4.3

30. georgesamsung 7 months ago said:

Cat despre iphone stiu ca e varza ca aparat totul e IOS-ul care il face rapid si eficient

31. gogolak 7 months ago said:

Sa imi spui si mie cum e FNAD dupa ce il folosesti cateva ore. Astept comentariu aici. Ms

• georgesamsung 7 months ago said:

Nu stiu ce s-a intamplat cu device-urile de mai jos, eu nu am nici o problema cu I9505XXUFNAD, o tastatura noua, nu mai gresesc cand ma grabesc, incarca agenda mai repede ca niciodata, Equalizer-ul playerului audio nu merge la nici un ROM 4.4.2, totul e mai rapid,totul perfect functional recomand tuturor I9505XXUFNAD sper ca ROM-ul official sa fie si mai bun, cat despre batrerie pana acum se consuma normal cred e cam devreme sa fac o afirmatie in acest sens.

32. gogolak 7 months ago said:

E rapid ios-ul pentru ca e total diferit de android. Nu sunt atatea procese care ruleaza in fundal. Nu are multitasking real. Nu ar mai fi la fel de rapid daca ar avea la fel de multe functii ca si androidul

33. mikezom 7 months ago said:

I don’t see any visual changes!.It’s boring and frustrating :(…

34. ovidiu21 7 months ago said:

even the smearing is still there.another hour waisted on installing new rom :((

35. choice2rejoice 7 months ago said:

Can somebody tell me what they mean with, ‘your date will be wiped’ (I guess int storage?)? I mean, I always install new roms, so what’s different with this version? Is it because it’s a test version? Or does it redo the partitions?

• nerobdms 7 months ago said:

Wiped mean your data will be lost, so backup before firmware update. If you are currently use 4.2 or 4.3 then should be update this version to improve UI features, and you will save batter charge as well.

• choice2rejoice 7 months ago said:

Yeah thanks for the advice. But my int-sd is almost fuil and if the final update will come in a couple of days, I can do the job twice ;-)

And you know something about the message somewhere below mine with ‘don`t repair bug on protect sd card’?

• nerobdms 7 months ago said:

I think you have ask your sd card is protected, there is two types of protected, one is password protected and two is corrupt protected. If the sd card password protected, then some device can be unprotected the sd card. If corrupted your card like as virus issue or another, there is many factor to removed the corrupt issue.

36. gogolak 7 months ago said:

Its just factory reset ur device. Meaning that u lose contacts photos settings and apps… but only data from internal storage. No repartition will be made

37. choice2rejoice 7 months ago said:

Ok ok. That’s still f-cked. But somehow there must be a reason for it, to do the factory reset. I wonder if that will still be necessary whit the real update.

38. nile56 7 months ago said:

Hahahaha, this is a very known nightmare, what a disgusting deja vu lol.-

39. exclaimed 7 months ago said:

This is the third test firmware for the i9505. The i9500 doesn’t even have one. Shouldn’t have bought the i9500 faulty model anyways.

40. drdee 7 months ago said:

sad face, still no news for us poor cousins with the i9506….

41. gzina24 7 months ago said:

A ce que le problème de redémarrage de galaxy s4 lorsque en démare les vidéo de YouTube est réglé sur cette version

42. elijahtcc 7 months ago said:

I’m running my GT-I9505 on Android 4.2.2 with modem XXUBMF8. As my modem is different from what is stated here, can I try this 4.4.2 firmware?

43. intcpr 7 months ago said:

don`t repair bug on protect sd card:(

44. bigthugs0 7 months ago said:

again only for i9505 !!!!!

thnx for keep ignoring us , I9500

, @SamMobile, you became so bad in leaking firmwares

45. shahrooz0481 7 months ago said:

One to GT-i9500 remember

46. ratto 7 months ago said:

After update, I got frequently reboots… Tried to wipe cache, factory reset… same….

Tried to reflash..now, wifi does not work….returning to FNA5…

47. joo_thomas 7 months ago said:

installed but mobile data network does not work!!!?? any tips?

48. bacuno1979 7 months ago said:

i,ve instalated yesterday… but there a problem with a wifi, not detected… some solution?

49. georgesamsung 7 months ago said:

I do not know what happened to the device’s above, I have no problem with I9505XXUFNAD a new keyboard, not wrong when I rush, load contacts faster than ever, the Equalizer audio player does not go to any ROM 4.4.2, everything is faster, everything perfectly functional recommend all hope I9505XXUFNAD official ROM to be even better, how about the battery before I normally consume it a little early to make a statement in this regard.

50. georgesamsung 7 months ago said:

Always do the update priority international models that s4 s3 i9300 i9505 are the most sold.

51. joss247 7 months ago said:

For Samsung:

I am in total disbelief how a giant company like Samsung is unable to give latest updates (kitat) to its own in-house octacore processors S4 but rather the outsourced snapdragons….

52. choice2rejoice 7 months ago said:

Nobody with launcher problems???? I really want to use Nova, but I can’t. Folders and/or appdrawer are suddenly empty. Widgets not loading. I have to restart the launcher almost every few minutes. The same with Apex. First it looked like it worked fine, but then the same problem. No problem at all with the f-ing TouchWiz launcher.
    Soooo, I’m not really glad I flashed this version.

53. choice2rejoice 7 months ago said:

Anyone with launcher problems? Nova and Apex are no longer working. Stupid TouchWiz and Go do work, but really suck. I really want to use Nova ;-(

54. choice2rejoice 7 months ago said:

Sorry for the double messages, as I don’t see any of my messages appear :-S

55. hashemGH98 7 months ago said:

Oooooh yeeeeeees

56. jamie2047 7 months ago said:

hi all having major problems since installing this firmware phone will not stay on just random crashes all the time have no wifi it will not switch on how can i get back to stock 4.3.
    thanks.

57. mohammed44 7 months ago said:

can I get the official update OTA if I got this leak

58. gagaraz 7 months ago said:

Hi all. No version for GT-i9506 kitkat 4.4.2 ?