Posted by Faryaab S. 12 months ago

samsung-logo

We of SamMobile just received some exclusive information, from one of our trusted insiders, regarding Samsung’s upcoming phablet device, the Galaxy Note III. The Samsung Galaxy Note III is Samsung’s second flagship device of the year. According to our insider, the Galaxy Note III will be coming in at least two variants (SM-N900 & SM-N9005) and will have the following specifications:-

DISPLAY

SM-N900: 13 Megapixel with Optical Image Stabilisation
SM-N9005: 13 Megapixel with Optical Image Stabilisation

LTE CONNECTIVITY
SM-N900: No
SM-N9005: Yes

STORAGE *
SM-N900: 16/32/64GB User memory + microSD slot (up to 64GB)
SM-N9005: 16/32/64GB User memory + microSD slot (up to 64GB)

OS
SM-N900: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
(Current test fimrware: N900XXEBMH5/N900OXABMH5/N900XXUBMH5)
SM-N9005: Android 4.3 Jellybean
(Current test firmware: N9005XXEBMH9/N9005OXABMH9/N9005XXUBMH9)

BATTERY
SM-N900: 3,200 mAh
SM-N9005: 3,200 mAh

* = Our Insider reports that the Galaxy Note III will be available in three storage capacities (16/32/64GB) but most of the market will be receiving the 32GB variants, and only a few markets will have the 64GB storage variant.

The Galaxy Note III will have same/identical dimensions as the Galaxy Note II in terms of device’s size while at the same time having a larger display, reports our insider.

We will keep you guys updated as soon as we receive some more information. Samsung will be announcing the Galaxy Note III at their Samsung Mobile UNPACKED 2013: Episode 2 event on September 4 in Berlin, and has already sent out the invitations to the event.

35 comments on “Exclusive: Galaxy Note III to feature a 5.68-Inch Full HD Super AMOLED Display, 3GB LPDDR3 RAM, 3200mAh Battery

1. Metaxify 12 months ago said:

Hurray! I’m so excited about this phablet. :3
    I suppose that the LTE variatn will come with the Snapdragon 800 soc with Adreno 330 and the “non-LTE” will also pack 3GB of RAM. That’s what the logic should tell us.

There’s one thing I feel a little bit dissapointed though. The battery :( We’ll see how it handles. GREAT WORK SAMMOBILE! :D

• ryarrell 12 months ago said:

Yeah I agree definitely NOT HAPPY the battery should’ve been 3450mAh or 3500mAh. But it’ll be easy to get a higher compacity battery either way. It’s definitely a day one purchase for me my friens

2. dreadlord52 12 months ago said:

Please ask your insiders too when will Galaxy Note II and Galaxy S III receive Android 4.2.2 or Android 4.3 update?

• healingspree 12 months ago said:

we did a mistake by purchasing note2 :/ samsung just wants da customer to purchase their new flagship device they should learn from sony how to treat high end device they are releasing their flagship n in the same time they are providing updates for their device which helped them to regain their share in market

• caesantos 12 months ago said:

You mean YOU did a mistake. I like my Note II very much and I’ll buy Note III as soon as it’s released.
        And I don’t think Sony has regained their share in market.

• healingspree 12 months ago said:

even i luv my note2 but when i used my frnds s4 for 30 mins n i was impressed with rhe smoothness of 4.2.2 with touchwiz.. i m pretty much sure that the reason behind not releasing the update for note2 and s3 is that samsung is afraid that if they vl release the update then their will be down in sales percentage of their s4 …

• BenGman 12 months ago said:

When I buy a phone is for the features it currently has, not what I hope it will have in a few months unless BEFORE I purchased the device the manufacturer said there would be a SPECIFIC update.

Nexus devices usually get the latest android first. So if you want the latest Android most of the time get a Nexus.

Its not only the 4.2.2 on the S4 that makes it fast, its the upgraded hardware compared to the S3 so having the 4.2.2/4.3 update on S3 would not mean you get S4 performance.

Finally, there are dozens of custom ROMS that have 4.2.2 and 4.3 for the S3. You don’t have to wait for official updates to get the latest Android on your device. Custom ROMs mean you could tweak almost everything to get the best performance from whatever device you have, all personally customised for you. There just is more legwork on your part. Samsung needs to make the software general for 95% of people. You customise it to make it personal for you.

• dreadlord52 12 months ago said:

I disagree. I love TouchWiz. I love TouchWiz on Galaxy S4. And Android 4.3 update will bring all S4 TouchWiz functions. I agree Android 4.2.2/4.3 would not we get S4 performance. But absolutely there will be performance improvements and stability enhancements. Is not that right? So I don’t wanna use custom ROMs. I love stock Samsung. Is not that right?

• jatin8189 12 months ago said:

of course. you are right. still i am waiting 4.2.2 or 4.3 update for my note2. and i have also mega 6.3. its 4.2.2 this os is really fast then note2 4.1.2. new touchwiz is favless n awesome

• MastaCow 12 months ago said:

Sony has never had any “market share”. Samsung sells 10 times as many phones as Sony. I don’t think Sony can teach them anything.

• CsabaZz 12 months ago said:

Please. You need to buy phablet/phone from other manufacturer if you would like to get any major OS update in the near future (within 20 years).

• dreadlord52 12 months ago said:

I am Galaxy S III user. I loved this phone too. But I can’t buy newest flagship devices. So I want to see Android 4.2.2 or Android 4.3 update with new TouchWiz. There is a shame for us because Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and Galaxy S II Plus got this update. But we are still waiting. Do you understand?

3. monish0106 12 months ago said:

LOVE U SAMMOBILE….!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. uvaman 12 months ago said:

Ah Danny my request for exclusive info was promising :)

We want moreeeeeee still hehe.

Battery is little bite small.. 3500at least.

• theonlymac 12 months ago said:

Damn…. I wanted the octa-core model but wtf are they leaving LTE out? Seriously a late2013 flagship phone without LTE?

• BenGman 12 months ago said:

My country does not have LTE (and so it is with most of the world). These areas don’t deserve to get an octa core model because we don’t have LTE?

The LTE model would have a great CPU as well, either the Snapdragon 800 or another Exynos 5 processor so don’t worry.

5. stufff 12 months ago said:

I’m disappointed. The galaxy Mega 6.3 is a good size. I was expecting Note III to be 6 inch…

• yusripp 12 months ago said:

Lol…i hope they just stick to the right size .. and not suppose to get bigger or taller.. At least i still can get it through my jeans pocket.

6. AquilaSol 12 months ago said:

Undoubtably the LTE variant will have a Snapdragon S800.

7. miguelinho 12 months ago said:

Can’t wait for this bad boy , this will be my note 2 successor

8. dello 12 months ago said:

wooooawww sooo big!!!

9. gws89 12 months ago said:

I wonder both versions will have FM radio or not?

10. Shayd93 12 months ago said:

The screen size is okay I guess, I was kind of mad when someone said it will be 6.3 or 5.9 inches as that is just oversized even for my hand so good job Samsung (It’s just my prefference) as for the SoC I hope it’s Snapdragon 800 that thing is a beast..until next Apple Chip or else.

• Shayd93 12 months ago said:

So wait, the Korean/International variant will get Exynos 5420
      And the USA will get the Snapdragon 800? Because according to Google Exynos is overpowered compared to Snapdragon, WTF Samsung? AGAIN? First Quad Core for S3 then Dual Core. Same for S4. Come on keep your shit together.

11. gtone339 12 months ago said:

Not a big jump on battery capacity, either that I’m pleased with it.

Waiting for September 4!

12. Rony Wijaya 12 months ago said:

Still 16gb ? What the fuck !!!!

13. chngseaneu 12 months ago said:

This is a disappointment spec, just like s3 to s4.
    Mega out look is very nice if it has Note 3 spec.
    Samsung, keep it on for making money by using this kind of method. I believe we will heading to the Windows phone soon or later.
    Thanks for your update.

14. xartzmax 12 months ago said:

Note 3 is gonna be extremely slim. That’s why they only marginally increased the battery. I’m guessing thickness would be less than 8mm. Wonder whether that’d impact on the s-pen.

15. jatin8189 12 months ago said:

World best Droid Phone cuming……..

16. yusripp 12 months ago said:

i would say i’m already impressed with both Note, Note II…and frankly to say.. 90% of my family and cousin use sammy S3 or note. It was really a killer product and long awaited update or what..none of our concern bcoz the device itself was the best to begin with..the best of camera, the best UI, the best screen. Would you guys agreed with me?

17. bladehawk 12 months ago said:

I was hoping for a 5.75 screen in the same form factor. 5.5 -> 5.63 seems like a really small jump. I’m concerned that an LCD screen won’t be as energy efficient as AMOLED. Couple that with a smaller battery than I’d like and I’m a bit concerned. Seems like my note II with a slightly faster processor and, knowing ATT, a locked bootloader.

If that’s the case I’ll be looking at Samsung’s competitors when my contract comes up. Love the Note II, but I don’t use that many things that need full HD.

18. Suo.Eno 12 months ago said:

So Malaysia will be getting both variants as it was with the S4. As usual to my fellow Malaysians here, the usual tactic by Samsung via telcos/carriers is to seed out the non-LTE SM-900 Exynos 5420 1st and the SM-9005 AFTER that. Don’t make the same S4 mistake again.

Gotta say though even if LTE are still in its early rollout stage here in Malaysia, I’m wondering how many morons does Samsung aim to score w/ the SM-900…like seriously?