Posted by Danny D. 1 year ago

Galaxy S IV to use Qi wireless charging technology

NY2

Samsung is going to use Qi wireless charging technology to charge mobile devices. According to digitmes, The galaxy S IV will use this kind of technology.
Sorry to break it to you digitimes but SamMobile already reported this couple of months ago. We are happy that we didn’t just post some fake information out there. The Galaxy S IV can be wireless chargeable by a special back cover and of course the charging dock. Samsung is expected to sell the dock directly after the first sales of the Galaxy S IV. Wireless charging is one of the big things for 2013, in our eyes. Many OEMs have started to use Qi wireless charging technology.

via source

10 comments on “Galaxy S IV to use Qi wireless charging technology

1. PBP 1 year ago said:

‘Wireless’ charging a big thing? I don’t think so. Your phone must be on a dock with a cable in it. It’s a small effort to plug a cable in your phone.. It’s just a gimmick in my opinion.

• firstguri 1 year ago said:

Bang on!! Wireless charging would only be a big thing if technology like ‘resonant magnetic coupling’ comes in. This is just a stupid gimmick and to think of it…that wireless charging pod and back cover would cost extra!!!!

• demlasjr 1 year ago said:

Agree. Wireless would be revolutionary when you will be able to charge the phone on a radius of 2 meters at least. Right now is more convenient to charge by cable. If somebody call you, the phone will still charging. If you have 2% battery and you are talking at the phone, what would you do ? Paste the dock on your face ?

2. eSche 1 year ago said:

Wireless charging will be a big thing when you can enter your room/home and it starts charging. Qi is nice but not revolutionary.

3. mugurelu 1 year ago said:

Don’t get it.
    Aren’t there a bunch of phones which allready do this wireless charging thing? Like the S3, Nexus, etc?

4. shariqabideen 1 year ago said:

That mean I will not be able to use my phone while charging ? Thanks, but no thanks.

5. Rmansh 1 year ago said:

I think I like the old way more…

6. CreepyDroid 1 year ago said:

I prefer to have a spare battery + battery charging dock. That way I get rid of cables and I still can use my phone freely when the other battery is charging.

7. Tp 1 year ago said:

i like the idea actually

8. MastaCow 1 year ago said:

My wife had this with her Palm Pre almost 4 years ago.