Posted by admin 1 year ago

Samsung starts Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy S II GT-I9100M

galaxysii-5202597

Samsung has just started to push Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update to the Galaxy S II Canada (GT-I9100M). The Galaxy S II is the best-selling Android device of 2011 and has a very large user base that’s why Samsung keeps on updating this device with all the new Android versions as they want to provide the Galaxy S II users with their best support experience.

You might not be able to update your device to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean right away as the update is rolling out in phases. So, it might not yet be available for your country or network provider (If Your device is Carrier branded) but don’t worry the update will arrive soon.

In the history of software updates, the new Jelly Bean update by Samsung to the Galaxy S II is by far the most major update given to a smartphone yet. As we all know Samsung’s ICS update didn’t had any UI changes and had exactly the same UI which was in its Gingerbread but this is not the case with Samsung’s Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update. The new jelly bean update breathes a new life into the Galaxy S II, Samsung has completely ditched the old UI and has given the new Nature UX Interface, which is the same as the one being used in the Galaxy S III Mini and the Galaxy S III, in its latest Jelly Bean update.

Some of the Enhancements in the new Jelly Bean Update:
- Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
- Full User Interface Revamp (Same UI as of the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II)
- TouchWiz Nature UX
- Samsung’s S Cloud services
- Improved Camera features
- New Lockscreen With Many Customization Options
- New Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
- New Widgets (From Galaxy S III)
- 2 Home screen modes
- New Notification bar With More Notification Toggles
- Google Now

You can update your Galaxy S II (GT-I9100M) through Samsung KIES or via OTA. Make sure you fully charge your device’s battery before upgrading as the update is quite big.

Official Firmware Details:
Android Version: 4.1.2 – Build JZO54K
PDA: I9100MUGMA5
CSC: I9100MOYCMA5
MODEM: I9100MUGMA5

All the new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmwares for the Galaxy S II are present in our Firmware Section as well. You can use our Firmware Section to manually update your device if for some reason you can’t officially update your device via Samsung Kies or via OTA as you are using a Custom ROM or if your Country has yet not received the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update. Also, bookmark this page as we will keep this page up to date with the latest information on countries and network providers releasing the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update.

Screenshots: (From I9100 JB Update)

33 comments on “Samsung starts Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy S II GT-I9100M

1. abyssal 1 year ago said:

I have the i1900 model, when does it get the update?

2. abyssal 1 year ago said:

I9100

3. drewphax 1 year ago said:

flash it thrue odin

4. karoafriyie 1 year ago said:

all those impatient n700 users wait for your turn samsung is awesome

5. kof200440 1 year ago said:

Seriously Samsung Where is N7000 Jellybean :/

6. Andrey052 1 year ago said:

Today morning my friend with Galaxy Nexus has been proud of getting of Android 4.2.2 on his phone… WTF :(

7. andnote 1 year ago said:

Note owner sell ur mobile and buy nexus or iphone..in my country no nexus phone launched so i have to go for iphone…..really bad….samsung sucks…say no update or give update fast for n7000…
    Its too late now….

8. polwac 1 year ago said:

WHEN UPDATE FOR I9100P ???

9. ashishBOSS 1 year ago said:

Samsung ki maa ki choot sala kutreya mera kutta k naam bhi samsung rak liya hai.. haan sach me. Its awesome but.

10. arash-me 1 year ago said:

galaxy note with that big screen!no jelly bean and i9100m …

11. pj111 1 year ago said:

When will the upgrade for the Galaxy Note begin

12. pileot 1 year ago said:

You guys fail to realize that this is the FIRST android phone which has seen three major updates. Kudos to Samsung for sticking with this excellent handset.

For those of you who are complaining about lack of updates: educate yourself on how much work and cooperation has to exist between the phone manufacturers, the carriers, and everyone inbetween. Its a lengthy process. Deal with it or get a nexus device.

13. aqustiq 1 year ago said:

Yahhhhuuuuuu !!! Finaly… Thank you, Samsung!

14. ableey 1 year ago said:

Waiting for Indonesian i9100 jelly bean update

15. jerichothomz 1 year ago said:

what about i9100T?????make it fast sammy……plz

16. arash-me 1 year ago said:

N7000 is your first note family.the father of notes!
    Sorry for you samsung!

17. aqustiq 1 year ago said:

can I flash this firmware for i9100mugld3?

18. jtalabeh 1 year ago said:

and n7000 !?

19. nisan.matatov@gmail.com 1 year ago said:

can i update my n7000 this update???

20. nisan.matatov@gmail.com 1 year ago said:

their no big difference between n7000^n7100 in hardware.i think to update?!

21. ama-dude 1 year ago said:

Fuck samsung and their shit updates, the note can’t even get it’s update yet, 5months later after it was announced.My next device will be a nexus but not the samsung galaxy nexus, never again will they get my money. For such a huge company with almost unlimited resources, there should be updates left and right for most of their phones. FOR SHAME SAMSUNG!!

22. aqustiq 1 year ago said:

3 hours update via kies and still not finished. It normal so?

23. jon2c 1 year ago said:

Would this not be the same as SG3. i have read a lot of forums wherein SG3 started freezing after updating from Jelly Bean 4.1.2

24. aqustiq 1 year ago said:

what to do?

25. aqustiq 1 year ago said:

flashing with odin?

26. ErfanDJ 1 year ago said:

come on sammy
    4.2 for S3 please
    come on…come on

27. JACC_XAN 1 year ago said:

Waiting for Philippines GT-I9100 jelly bean update…

28. jerichothomz 1 year ago said:

what about i9100T?????make it fast sammy……plz

29. jerichothomz 1 year ago said:

waiting to taste jelly bean on my GT-i9100T………..roll it out soon sammy……

30. doctorchebo 1 year ago said:

My Galaxy Note will be my last Samsung device. How is it possible to update a device (GSII) that came out before than the Galaxy Note?. It’s not fair.

31. macdav 1 year ago said:

I can’t find smart stay on my GT-I9100M and its already updated I looked everywhere in settings. please help me!!

32. ciprim78 1 year ago said:

some users ask the stupidest questions about JB update ! READ THE FULL ARTICLE !!!! SAMMOBILE SAID THAT THEY WILL UPDATE THE SITE WITH FRESH JB ROMS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE !!! be patient !!!

33. macdav 1 year ago said:

I am sorry to officially say that the new update does not come with smart stay. I’ve had a live chat with Samsung and they said smart stay is a feature that comes in phones not in updates. Sorry no smart stay. Just the new look…