Samsung held the C-Lab Startup Demo Day earlier today at the Samsung Electronics Seoul R&D Campus in Seoul, South Korea. The company announced the achievements of the startups it nurtured and provided business opportunities to them.
The event was held under the theme of ‘Meet C-Lab, the growth point of startups.’ A total of 21 new startups were showcased at the event, and 18 of them were funded by Samsung over the past year. The event was attended by high-ranking officials from Samsung, startup community leaders, investors, and even important lawmakers from South Korea.
The C-Lab startups showcased during the event include BitSensing, DeepX, DigiSonic, Dot, Double Me, Evar, Lessengers, Litness, mAy’I, MindCafe, MultiplEYE, Omnious, Perseus, PetNow, Platfos, Presence, SeaWith, Select Star, Sylvia Health, Verses, and Waddle.
SeaWith’s corporate value increased 6x after getting selected in C-Lab. Silvia Health’s employees grew 4x, while Select Star’s sales reached KRW 6.1 billion within two years of getting found. DoubleMe recorded over 50,000 cumulative users and KRW 3 billion in sales since its launch in November 2020. It installed ‘Twin World’ paid spaces in 25 places across 17 cities and ten countries worldwide.
Lessengers has developed an optical transceiver, a core component of an optical communication network, and offers them at lower prices than competitors. The company will provide its solution to Samsung and is striving to develop the world’s first 400Gbps ultra-small optical module.
- BitSensing: An imaging radar technology startup that offers integrated solutions to build safe and convenient solutions in various fields such as mobility, smart wellness, smart city, and smart home.
- DeepX: It promises to offer the most efficient and advanced NPU technology for IoT products.
- DigiSonic: Its software enables real-time 3D spatial sound conversion to maximize the realism of video across all fields, such as real-time video training.
- Dot: Founded in 2015, Dot introduced the world’s first tactile display that used 120 patents. The startup wants to create a barrier-free world for all with intelligent technology, including Braille smartwatches, educational laptops for the visually impaired, and kiosks for disabled and non-disabled consumers.
- Double Me: An MR (Mixed Reality) startup that operates a real-world metaverse called Twin World that provides “a new life beyond reality” with new social relationships and economic activities in a mixed reality space decorated on top of reality.
- Evar: The startup developed the world’s first autonomous driving robot that automatically charges electric vehicles.
- Lessengers: It develops a unique solution to solve optical connectivity problems.
- Litness: Offers online interactive fitness training programs so that everyone can lead healthy lives.
- mAy’I: Developed an AI-based image processing program to create offline visitor data after going through existing CCTV footage.
- MindCafe: It is a mental health care company that offers non-face-to-face psychological counseling and develops treatments for mental disorders. It is the largest mental health care platform in South Korea.
- MultiplEYE: It has developed a deep learning-based solution that offers image-based environment recognition. Its solutions can improve autonomous driving and smart cities. Its solution includes four ultrawide cameras to build a 3D model of the surrounding environment.
- Omnious: AI-powered image recognition that offers automatic product tagging and trend analysis to fashion brands.
- Perseus: Offers a security suite for automotive software.
- PetNow: Developed an app that uses an AI-based animal biometric service for recognizing pets.
- Platfos: Offers cloud platform to offer gift cards.
- Presence: It offers an instant audio-visual collaboration tool to help remote teams overcome the fatigue of frequent video meetings.
- SeaWith: Wants to develop cultured meat using sea weed to solve two problems with one solution.
- Select Star: It has developed a crowdsource-based AI learning data platform.
- Silvia Health: Silvia builds a dementia prevention ecosystem through a non-face-to-face cognitive health care platform.
- Verses: It promises to turn musical imagination into reality via its interactive music solution.
- Waddle: It is building a high-quality voice data set by collecting and processing voice data for the digitally underprivileged.
Join SamMobile’s Telegram group and subscribe to our YouTube channel to get instant news updates and in-depth reviews of Samsung devices. You can also subscribe to get updates from us on Google News and follow us on Twitter.