Galaxy S9 launch confirmed for MWC 2018

Home / News / Galaxy S9 launch confirmed for MWC 2018

It was rumored last year that Samsung might launch the Galaxy S9 earlier than its predecessor with some even suggesting that a CES 2018 unveil was possible. That obviously hasn’t happened but there have been multiple reports about the possibility of the Galaxy S9 being launched at MWC 2018.

Samsung has now confirmed that it’s going to launch its first flagship smartphone of the year at the Mobile World Congress 2018 which takes place in Barcelona next month.

Galaxy S9 launch

The Mobile World Congress 2018 kicks off on February 26. The Galaxy S9 is still going to be launched a month earlier than its predecessor. The Galaxy S8 was unveiled at a special event at the end of March 2017.

During a press conference earlier today in Las Vegas, the president of Samsung’s mobile business DJ Koh confirmed that the Galaxy S9 launch is going to take place next month at MWC 2018, reports ZDNet. He also confirmed that the release date will be announced at the event.

Samsung not confirmed anything else about the handset so it’ll keep us waiting until February. Since it’s being launched a month before the Galaxy S8, it’s also going to hit the market earlier. We can expect it to be released by mid-March at least in some key markets across the globe.

Via

Phones 7

snow7551
7 days 23 hours ago
snow7551

the samsung S9 plus will be for me the normal S9 wont be much of a upgrade

tim54
8 days 13 hours ago
tim54

One wonders if they will release an active variant… I’m a bit over these delicate precious devices and I don’t like the curve screen thing at all.

gtone339
8 days 15 hours ago
gtone339

Galaxy S9 here we come hehe!

OrbTech
8 days 18 hours ago
OrbTech

I don’t care about the S9, I care about Android O when it comes to my Galaxy S7 edge. Can’t wait for it!

Bobbingalong
9 days 5 hours ago
Bobbingalong

With all the leaks, I m not sure what else to be said.

I think they did it on purposes to leak the information to take the sour disappointment of the s9 being inferior to the s9+ and practically being same as s8 😉

gtone339
8 days 16 hours ago
gtone339

S9 will not be inferior since it will include the latest Exynos Chip & updated front & rear camera sensors. Don’t let the dual-camera overwhelm you!

Bobbingalong
7 days 22 hours ago
Bobbingalong

Having less memory will make it inferior to the plus with the apps management and general running of the phone.

Plus having dual camera is the selling point and differentiators from the s8 which has 4fb ram and single lens