Galaxy Note 7 drop test video captures a predictable result

Home / News / Galaxy Note 7 drop test video captures a predictable result

Unboxing videos are among the most watched videos on YouTube as people tend to check them out before they decide to purchase a new device. Drop test videos are also very popular for smartphones as potential customers want to know how the handset holds up against drops which are inevitable with daily usage. Unboxing and drop test videos of the Galaxy Note 7 have now started appearing online and the result is quite predictable.

In this Galaxy Note 7 drop test video we can see the phone being dropped once on its back, on its side and once on its front. Bear in mind that this is the first smartphone to feature Gorilla Glass 5 which is tougher than its previous iteration. The glass on the back cracks a little around the edges in the first drop while the metal band gets scruffed up when the handset is dropped on its side. What many of you will be interested in finding out is whether or not it survived the drop face down, it did, there were only minor scruffs but the display remained intact and functional. So, there you have it, the Galaxy Note 7 should survive if you drop it from a reasonable height on a flat surface.

Phones 9

MadfishJDM
1 year 6 months ago
MadfishJDM
What’s more important on a smartphone? Especially one with a screen as nice as the N7? Scratch resistance. I hate trying to watch a film or play a game and be distracted by lots of scratches over the screen. Even worse, using the Spen and it snagging on a scratch! I managed to put a small scratch on my N2 and the Spen felt awful anytime it went over it. Gorilla glass 5 maybe slightly more resistant to cracking but it suffers greatly on scratch resistance. It is only slightly harder than plastic and is much worse than GG4 for… Read more »
mrbricolage
1 year 6 months ago
mrbricolage

omg can you send that phone i whant it 🙁

gmsamara
1 year 6 months ago
gmsamara

After one day of use for Note 7 the back glass are scratch in edges. Today I had to buy a cover to protected it. I think back glass is not Gorilla Glass 5

MadfishJDM
1 year 6 months ago
MadfishJDM

It is GG5 but that’s the problem … GG5 has much lower scratch resistance than previous versions.

If you want to keep this looking nice then you almost have to run with a case.

Which is a shame as I, like a lot of others, don’t like the look and feel of a case.

Rocked the N4 naked for nearly 2 years and it’s still looking fresh even after a few drops…

azkendrick
1 year 6 months ago
azkendrick

Overall I’d say the glass held up pretty good, all things considered

j2001m
1 year 6 months ago
j2001m

The back does a better job than I. The past on the s7 it cracks all over on the back if dropped with ease

1 year 6 months ago
mantaka

Can’t wait for more test… Ether the UAG case or a skin on the back 🙂

eHoolie
1 year 6 months ago
eHoolie

Wow, dropping a $850+ device on purpose. I think a mental eval is in order.
But impressive outcome I have to say.

n900mixalot
1 year 6 months ago
n900mixalot

Mental eval is better used for people wasting money on a device that will be reduced in price only a little bit after release.