We had reported yesterday that Samsung UK was looking beta testers for Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for the Galaxy S6. Now, we’ve noticed that the users, who registered to be the beta testers for the program, have started receiving the Android 6.0 beta firmware on their devices already.
The beta firmware is being rolled out in the UK to the Galaxy S6 as well as the Galaxy S6 edge, and you can see from the screenshots there are quite a few changes in the interface. If you are someone who opted in for the beta testing program for the Marshmallow update and has received the update on your device, you can tell us about new features or changes that you may stumble upon.
Head over to this post to see how you can get the Android 6.0 beta on your Galaxy S6 or S6 edge!
New Features with Android 6.0 Marshmallow beta firmware update:
- A lot of nice and fluid animations and effects.
- An option to save images in RAW format.
- Pro mode in the camera app brings shutter speed option to the Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 edge.
- New power menu.
- An option to customise lock screen app shortcuts.
- New colour for quick settings panel.
- An option to enable or disable fast charging.
- An ability to add apps to a folder directly from within the folder.
- App permissions.
- Google Now On Tap.
Screenshots (thanks, Jack!):
Update: Registration for the Marshmallow beta program has now been closed.