Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update now available for T-Mobile Galaxy S III (SGH-T999)
Two weeks ago, Samsung started rolling out Android 4.3 update for the international Galaxy S III (GT-I9300) but due to some major bugs in the new firmware the upgrade service had to be suspended. However, if you own a T-Mobile Galaxy S III (SGH-T999) then you are in luck! T-Mobile has just released the new Android 4.3 software update for the Galaxy S III. Though, the update is only available for the non-LTE variant (SGH-T999) and if you own the LTE variant (SGH-T999L) then you would have to wait a few days.
To update your Galaxy S III to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, connect your device to your computer and use Samsung KIES or simply use Samsung’s OTA service. To download and install the firmware via OTA, go to Settings > More > About Device > Software update > Update. It’s a pretty big update at 486MB, so make sure you are connected to a Wi-Fi network or have an unlimited data plan before downloading the update to your device. Samsung doesn’t provide an official change log for its updates, but we can give you folks our own list of changes and improvements that we have noticed.
CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS IN ANDROID 4.3 UPDATE
– GALAXY GEAR Support
– TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
– Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4’s theme all over)
– New Samsung Keyboard
– GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
– New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
– New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
– Driving mode
– Actionable notifications
– Move-to-SD-card feature
– New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
– New Additions in Notification Centre
– Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
– Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
– New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
– Full screen Samsung apps
– New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
– Found more? Tell us about them in the comments below!
Join the Discussion
Beginning November 19, the Samsung Galaxy S III (original) will have an optional software update to Android version 4.3 / Baseband version T999TUVUEMJC. This update includes KNOX and Samsung Gear support.
This software update only impacts the Samsung Galaxy S III (original) T999. A software update for the Samsung Galaxy S III (LTE) T999L is coming soon.
You can update in two ways:
- Over the air (OTA) manual pull down to T999TUVUEMJC: OTA update is available as of 11/19/2013.
- Manual download to T999TUVUEMJC: If you did not want to update via OTA, you can update via Samsung Kies. Ensure you are on the latest version of Kies prior to attempting the update. Seehttp://www.samsung.com/us/kies/ to confirm the version.
Android version 4.3/Baseband version T999TUVUEMJC- Current version
- Android version 4.3/Software version T999TUVUEMJC
- Approved 11/19/2013
- OTA manual pull down and Samsung Kies update available
- New Features:
- Samsung Galaxy Gear support
- Device software is not rooted
- 50% battery life
- Latest version of Kies software downloaded on PC or MAC
- Data connection
- File size of update is 486 MB