Exclusive: I9500XXUEMJ5 – Leaked Android 4.3 test firmware for Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500)
After leaking two test firmwares for the Galaxy S4 LTE (GT-I9505), we wanted to give some Android 4.3 love to the international Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500). So after constantly trying for a few weeks we were finally able to obtain a leaked Android 4.3 build for your Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500) and it’s one of the *final* builds – that means nothing will be included or excluded in future builds of Android 4.3 for the SGS4, except a few bug fixes and improvements here and there.
Today, Samsung started rolling out official Android 4.3 update for the Galaxy S4 LTE (GT-I9505). According to our sources, Samsung should start rolling out official update starting tomorrow, however it may take a few more days but it should be officially released within a week. We would like to thank our insider because without our insider’s help we would not have been able to provide you folks with this firmware.
CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS IN ANDROID 4.3 UPDATE
– GALAXY GEAR Support
– TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
– ANT+ Support
– Samsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application)
– Samsung Wallet comes pre-loaded
– Improved RAM management
– Improved Display colour reproduction (Display looks much sharper than before)
– Improved TouchWiz Launcher (Much less launcher redraws and less lag)
– New Samsung Keyboard
– New Samsung Browser (Full screen by default, new tab interface and more)
– New Reading Mode (Optimises display for reading, used by only a few specific applications)
– New Camera firmware
– Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app, Flashlight Widget, dialog boxes etc)
Country: Open Asia
Version: Android 4.3
Build date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 09:03:02 +0000
Product Code: ODD
– This test firmware will NOT increase your binary counter NOR void your warranty.
– This test firmware is a pre-release firmware and not official from Samsung.
– We have fully tested this firmware and this firmware works perfectly as any other official firmware.
– Extract (unzip) the firmware file
– Download Odin3 v3.09 (From here or here)
– Extract Odin .ZIP file
– Open Odin3 v3.09
– Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
– Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
– Add AP_I9505XXUEMJ5_1875800_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to AP
– Add BL_I9505XXUEMJ5_1875800_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar to BL
– Add MODEM_I9505XXUEMJ5_1875800_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CP
– Add CSC_ODD_I9505ODDEMJ5_1875800_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CSC
– Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
– Click start button, sit back and wait a few minutes.
– If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
– Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
– Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
– Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!
SCREENSHOTS (From I9505’s Android 4.3 test build)
If you would like to get in touch with us, use the Contact Us page.Join the Discussion