Samsung releases Jelly Bean Kernel source code for the Galaxy Note GT-N7000

Just last week, Samsung started to roll out Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update to the Galaxy Note GT-N7000 and now have even released its kernel source code (This was quick!).

The Jelly bean kernel source will allow ROM developers to improve their custom ROMs for the Galaxy Note GT-N7000.

You can download the source codes here at opensource.samsung.com GT-N7000 (Galaxy Note)

Firmware news 29

joseeliassilvamoura
1 year 11 months ago
joseeliassilvamoura

é muita covardia destas empresas que vendem seus aparelhos para nos consumidores e depois deixam eles de lado sem produzirem atualizações para os tais, deveria existir uma lei forçando elas darem suporte até onde os aparelhos aguentarem.

piterchk62
2 years 10 months ago
piterchk62

Hello Hello, Samsung ‘s first Android 4.4 for note 1 Made Ready?

manish suri
3 years 4 months ago
manish suri

HOW TO UPDATE MY INDIA VARTION

sevde
4 years 2 months ago
sevde

When will France get jelly bean update for n7000?? I bought it from France but there is no jelly bean update. 🙁

xiongxiaoli
4 years 3 months ago
xiongxiaoli

My phone is facing serious screen flicker problem after updated to android 4.1.2 version. > < !!
Someone can help me how to fix it??

ronsamsungnote
ronsamsungnote

Hello guys,

I also have a Samsung note i bought in Switzerland, and until now I still dont have any notifications for updates? I there something wrong with my phone? I bought it just last year and currently I am in France.
Would really appreciate if you can help me out with this and will be happy to have the Jelly Bean update.

Ron

yogadgetboy
4 years 3 months ago
yogadgetboy
Hi Ron, I really don’t know how you can control where the updates come from, it appears to be something to do with the original phone and where it came from. If you have the International version you will have a better chance of getting the update quickly. Samsung are already talking about restricting this (sometime in the future) to the country you reside in, this will not impress me one little bit, as I would probably be the last to get them. If the phone was purchased through a Network provider , then you will have to wait for… Read more »
ather966
ather966

I am new here and moreover very little knowledge about firmware, can I ask a sincere question that I live in Saudi Arabia (KSA) and until now Jelly Bean (4.1.2) and ICS (4.0.4)is neither available via KIES nor OTA, but UAE and other regions is already released, can I download UAE version JB 4.1.2 and upgrade my note GT-N7000 Baseband version N7000XXLPT. and will have all latest features like NoteII or anything is missing, Please Please can somebody give me their comments.

phil8715
phil8715

How about actually releasing 4.1.2 officially? I know Samsung arn’t big on releasing updates, their policy is if you want the latest firmware then buy a new device.

dextur
dextur

wonder if multi window is included with this source code?

yogadgetboy
yogadgetboy

Yes, multi window is in this build. Most of the new stuff is there.
It does not have air view. (Pen hovering over applications to give you preview information).
Page Buddy does not have the S Pen option when removed and S Pen keeper (would be due to hardware detection).
Quick Command is missing.
Have not been able to get Pen switch to work (in S Note), all the other stuffs seems fine.
Quick Glance is not implemented.

But still a great update, all the other improvements are worth it.

mcy2163
mcy2163

may be a stupid question but i have a UK galaxy note, can i use the Germany firmware to update? know how to do it just unsure as UK model

donfezoo
donfezoo

anyone plz help what is the meaning and what is the use of kernel source code ????
kindly reply

marquenis
marquenis

esto hijo de puta hacen lo que quieren samsung engañadores mentiroso habladores no me compro un note ni un telefono de estos ladrones jamas en mi vidad

arash-me
arash-me

update is too slow for regions !! Stingy samsung! your major update for note was 2 times its second time and toooooooooooooo slow!we buy a note 2 and next year there is no update and samsung is selling note3 then note4 and no update for note 3!

yogadgetboy
yogadgetboy
Yes I agree with you Andrey052, there have always been a number of minor issues. And some have been fixed along the way. My problems have been failing to sync Samsung account after upgrading to the first version of ICS, this was fixed in an upgrade afterwards. The biggest problem along the way has been applications that have been moved to the external SD card (all up I have close to 300 apps on my phone). This has always been buggy with applications sometimes greyed out and you would have to reboot to get them back (sometimes multiple reboots). In… Read more »
DonC
DonC

Hello yogadgetboy,

I have a question about: How did you find access to the `extsd’.
I have given-up trying to get access … don’t know what App to use ….

Any help will be appreciated ..

t.i.a.,
Don Carlson

yogadgetboy
4 years 3 months ago
yogadgetboy
Hello Don Carson, I just use the in-built functionality of Android, if you go into Settings>Applications, you can sort the apps in Name or Size order with the menu key. You can then select the application and select the option to “Move to SD card” this will move it to the extSD card if you have one. You can also swipe to the “On SD card” selection and do it from there,. I have found 2 exceptions, some new applications automatically install to the extSD and there are a few that are not moveable. Mostly older apps or system applications.… Read more »
martindale
martindale

@yogadgetboy
which country did you upgrade in? Was it standard (Kies/OTA)?
And has teh copy/paste bug been fixed in Jelly Bean?

yogadgetboy
yogadgetboy

Hi martindale
Mine is the international version of the Note and the update came from Germany. I used Kies as always, have never used OTA.
I don’t know how you can control where the updates come from, but mine always seem to come from Germany as the are a couple of German apps included.
I don’t know about the copy/paste bug it has always worked for me. If you give me some exact details on how you are using it, I will test it out.

kumarraj78
3 years 5 months ago
kumarraj78

Hi,

How does it matter if i install it from other region or country. i want to update my device. please guide.

Regards,

Rajesh
India

martindale
martindale

So how about actually releasing the Jelly Bean update already? Like, in a few more countries, now, please?

krish_67
krish_67

What does kernel source code means………..,kindly reply,thanks in advance 🙂

mcy2163
mcy2163

Krish visit xda developers n7000 you’ll find all you need to know about kernals there.

ikundan
ikundan

source code can mean, tht its the final upgrade tht samsung made to this device.. 😛

igor.brasildroid
igor.brasildroid

They make the same as Galaxy SII, to me this is a direct message and that means “No More Official Upgrades” for us.

=(

Andrey052
Andrey052

4.1.2 was released after releasing of sources in my country. And I hope there will be a version of 4.1.2 with minor fixes at least as well… There are impefections in 4.1.2 which I’d like to be fixed. The same was with 4.0.4.

ivkos
ivkos

They are just obliged by the GPL to release the source code for their kernels. They’ve released the source code for GB and ICS kernels, and as you know they weren’t the last upgrades.

Anyway, even though JB might be the last upgrade, I don’t really care as there’s always CyanogenMod. 🙂

veeramanink