[Updated: Image of the S7 from the side] The Galaxy S7 might just have leaked in the flesh

It was bound to happen at some point, and it just did: We’re getting our first look at a live version of what could be the Galaxy S7. A leaked image shows the back of the Galaxy S7 in the flesh, and the source of the image has also revealed – confirmed, more like – numerous specs of the device.

The image certainly looks legit – the camera hump is gone, as rumors had suggested, and the phone curves at the back to either side. The camera module is colored like the phone itself, which is something Samsung started doing with its flagships in 2015, though the back doesn’t look like it is made of glass. That is likely because this is a prototype – after all, Samsung has been doing a great job at confusing people with various prototypes for a while now. It’s mentioned that the phone now has a magnesium metal frame instead of an aluminium frame.

According to the source, the Exynos version of the S7 has 15 percent better performance for both CPU and GPU, and both the Exynos and Snapdragon variants will come with a high-quality audio DAC (ESS Sabre 9018, the same as the one on the LG V10). The battery life is on par “with last year Note’s line”, and the battery can charge from 0 to 80 percent in an astoundingly low 30 minutes, making the recently rumored 100 minute charging time from zero to full a little hard to believe, unless the phone really does take 70 minutes to reach the final 20 percent of charge. It’s certainly possible though, if you are getting 80 percent of charge in just 30 minutes.

galaxy-s7-live

Water-resistance is once again mentioned, and also mentioned is the f/1.7 aperture of the 12-megapixel Britecell rear camera sensor. The Galaxy S7 will be priced at 16.49 million dong (roughly $740) and the S7 edge at 19.9 million dong (roughly $890), at least in Vietnam; the prices more or less match what we had exclusively leaked. The country will reportedly see an official introduction of the two devices on March 3, followed by a release on March 18th. According to previous leaks, the US and Europe are set to see a release a week earlier on March 11.

Vietnam has been the source of a few such leaks before, so we are inclined to believe this is indeed an actual Galaxy S7, even if it is a prototype. It’s also interesting to note that all the rumored features – like water-resistance and great battery life – have been iterated again and again, so it does look like all of it will make it into the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge.

What do you think of that purported Galaxy S7 in the image above? Go ahead and discuss in the comments!

Update: Here’s another live image of the Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G9350) scoring 134,704 points in the AnTuTu benchmark test. The device in the above image also looks like the S7 edge, given its really thin edges around the volume buttons.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Live Image Leak

Update 2: Here’s a photo of the Galaxy S7 from the side. See how the camera barely protrudes out of the phone?

galaxy-s7-side

Via 1 Via 2 Source 1 Source 2

Phones 36

vlatkonexus4
7 months 17 days ago

I have s6,so if s7 is not so diferent,i am keeping s6 for some time,i came from Nexus 5 and i still miss nexus and pure android,fast updates,even lg are faster than samsung for android upgrading,sony and samsung are so f….ng late

preime101
7 months 18 days ago

the top image is quite clearly not the same phone as either of the other two shots. My guess is that it is a budget Samsung phone. the second one is obviously a edge variant. only the bottom one is likely the s7

Samarasx
7 months 19 days ago

Wonder what those three dots next to the front camera are ..

sanayp
7 months 18 days ago

That’s the heart rate sensor

Samarasx
7 months 18 days ago

I’m talking about the second pic, you can see three black dots in the upright corner of the screen. Right next to the front facing camera ..

drunaveil
7 months 19 days ago

Hmmm i think ill skip this tier…im extremely happy with my S6 Edge plus…it looks alot better then S7

jhayzt
7 months 19 days ago

annnnnnndddddddddd here comes the critic mobs!

Superjogurt
7 months 19 days ago

Oh come on, you really think it’s final design of S7?? :)

Hardware might be the same, but I’m more than sure it is NOT final, commercial design, because my S2 was nicer than… this :D

sammay69
7 months 19 days ago

The design isn’t a dealbreaker but the material is this looks like cheap plastic. The design isn’t bad I just rater want aluminium and glass instead of cheap plastic devices Samsung Galaxy S is a highend series and that’s why it should look premium and feel premium

gtone339
7 months 19 days ago

More refined look from the S6. Can’t say whether the rear back is Glass or metal, though why is it reflecting the ceiling’s light then?

Prototype or not, it seems to be functioning by the looks of it, but wow 134,000 points in Antutu?

billywongwashere
7 months 19 days ago

I hope this is a prototype as with this design I will not be rushing out to upgrade anytime soon from my s6.

It looks too fat and ugly.
What’s with the black duck tape around the edges and the back looks like cheap plastic again.

Initial verdict is that I hope its a prototype as it looks like a hunch back version of a s6

Asaduzzaman Abir
7 months 19 days ago

If it becomes the next S7 lineup then I am really shocked.My S6 looks far better than that

billywongwashere
7 months 19 days ago

It looks too fat and ugly.

Only 32gb? Will it have SD support?

Water resistance is a big plus.

Initial view is 2/10 for design… It fugly

Andrzej Dziag
7 months 19 days ago

OMG It’s totally true mates… Unfortunatelly it looks exactly like leaked earlier renders:
:( :(

MartinF15
7 months 19 days ago

Wait until 21 FEB then tell us whats real… :)

lujki
7 months 19 days ago

At first I thought it was fake because it looked plastic-y. However it is disgustingly smudged. And those curves looked way to big, but when zoomed in they are about right. It’s a bit weird that the image taken is looking directly at the edges with reflection and all + curved up and bottom. But it’s a bit too much so it ends up being a bit ugly, plastic looking and mostly LG G2-like. And on the forst back image it looked like a soap bar… Of course IF this is true.

aegislash
7 months 19 days ago

So the black is actually black and not a very dark blue? Very nice!

banstaman
7 months 19 days ago

Still only a single LED flash? Seriously?

Omaha4K

i LOVE my Note 5… no -thanks-

manojmcn
7 months 19 days ago

I don’t remember any S series launch getting crazier rumors than the S7. But there is a consistency in the hardware specs and is pointing towards all must have specs being included. If anything misses out will be a huge disappointment. One more crazy rumor is that S7 Edge is going to be called S7 Plus(or +). Not sure if it will be opted in the end but one thing is clear why the confusion in the sheer number of variants ( S7,Edge, S7 Plus, S7 Edge Plus- upto four were considered as per rumors, but finally settling for just two). The point is Samsung is eyeing separate market for two devices- unlike same size standard & edge alternative of same like for S6. ie S7 will offer two separate devices which are not for same interest group – standard & fancier edge phablet. Playing safe as to sell as many phablets as possible before the new gen iphone 7/Plus arrives, and also fend off any challenge from a bigger size flagships from LG & Huawei. Also expect Note 6 to be a power house later in the year to get back the annoyed Note customers.

3llawi212
7 months 19 days ago

I love the color .. theese curves i wanna test the feeling in my hand to love them or hate them .. to my eye .. not bad

ProdByEchelon
7 months 19 days ago

It looks… dull. Not shiny bits like the 2015 flagships by Samsung.

shay shahar
7 months 19 days ago

Looks like a s3 from the back.. Also looks like cheap plastic and not glass.

EthanHawaii

!prototype!

Andrzej Dziag
7 months 19 days ago

I think, It’s too ugly to be “New Galaxy” and device on photo is one of a lot of concepts ;)
BTW Unfortunatelly S7 back could looks simillar to this one.

auiterwaal
7 months 19 days ago

Hope it’s not the real thing. It doesn’t have the premium look it should. Or the photo quality is really poor. I have an flat S6 and wouldn’t trade it on this one, unfortunately…

ProdByEchelon
7 months 19 days ago

The S6 looks way better than this.

billywongwashere
7 months 19 days ago

I fully agree, if true then samsung has killed the galaxy range.

The fat black board on the first photo on the back looks like thick rubber, is this their way of making it water proof like a rubber float?

The edge photo looks weird with the black top bumper … Looks like a fae tape on the device

sanayp

What’s the back made of

Credo93
7 months 19 days ago

Well, i’ll have a hard time to switch, that design is so epic, i love the black. The curves, everything i see here. I just don’t want to go from 5.7″ to 5.1″. I hope for an S7 Edge with 5.7″ display.

Solun
7 months 19 days ago

Looking forward to 22nd of February. Wonder if I get the S6 edge+ or the S7 edge. I don´t care about water resistance cause I always have an insurance for these things. Design, speed, camera and internal storage are the only factors I consider.

EthanHawaii