Galaxy S7 specs reportedly leaked by a Samsung employee

There have already been many rumors about the Galaxy S7, the upcoming flagship’s display panel may have been leaked as well, and we’re bound to see more before Samsung unveils the device at MWC 2016 next month. A new report out of Korea claims to cite a Samsung employee who has leaked some specifications of the Galaxy S7, there’s no way to confirm really if the person that has leaked all of this information really is a Samsung employee or is just making assumptions, so keep in mind that nothing is set in stone yet.

The alleged employee claims that all variants of the Galaxy S7 will feature a black chassis to lend the handsets a premium feel, adding that Samsung will particularly market the Galaxy S7′s ability to take great pictures in low-light conditions, made possible by its 12-megapixel rear camera with f/1.7 aperture. It has been previously reported that instead of running in the megapixel race Samsung has opted for a 12-megapixel camera for the Galaxy S7 as opposed to the 16-megapixel camera in the Galaxy S6, however the new camera will have a larger sensor and lens improvements to allow for better mobile photography performance particularly in low-light, and won’t protrude so there won’t be a camera hump on the back of the device.  The alleged employee also claims that the Galaxy S7 will be dust and water resistant, and reiterates something we’ve already confirmed, that the upcoming flagship does feature a microSD card slot. Black, White, Silver and Gold will be the color options, the Galaxy S7 is expected to be released by early March.

Since none of this comes from an official or verified source it’s best to take this information with a healthy dose of salt for now, most rumors are based on prototypes anyway, so one can’t really be sure of what the final version will look until it’s unveiled. Samsung is expected to unveil the Galaxy S7 at Mobile World Congress 2016 next month.

Source

Phones 15

gtone339
7 months 2 days ago

And this anonymous Samsung employee forgot to mention whether the S7 has a Magnesium alloy chassis build material as well.

True just don’t accept this as genuine info about the S7 specs.

Reshock
7 months 2 days ago

I bought my wife and daughter both S5′s I had to wait and decided S6. Then the disappointment of the unveiling… I got the Note 4…it is everything, the V 10 is headed in the right direction. 2 terabyte memory card, replaceable battery, low light camera, faster updates,add back IR, waterproof is a big plus, Note 6 might wate for 7 big maybe you let me down waiting for the S6. I can always go back to LG if Samsung dose not have what I want…..

antonmassoud
7 months 2 days ago

I don’t need to upgrade to S7, my S5 is pretty fast and stable, guess I’ll wait for the Note 7 or S8 edge

o0MHJ0o
7 months 2 days ago

As long as my edge+ gets all the software optimisation as the S7 and Samsung Pay, I’m happy to wait for the S8 edge+, or Note 7 if it comes to Europe.

n900mixalot
7 months 2 days ago

I can’t wait to get the Note6 if this is true and they bring back microSD. I can’t stand not having it.

Thebeci
7 months 3 days ago

I thing the note 4 is more usefull than all s6, s6edge, note5 together.
People should buy an note 4 for less money and usefull phone.

Toss3
7 months 2 days ago

Probably depends on your usage, but for most people I would say the Note 4 offers about everything one would ever need in a smartphone – great performance, great battery-life (though this doesn’t even matter when you can have an external charger and just swap the battery when you run out), great screen, great camera, stylus, microSD, etc. Just hoping the Note 6 will offer all of this once again with a 4K screen and better SoC (really hooked on VR). ;) Never have I felt so content with one phone (I’ve swapped phones twice a year prior to getting the note 4 way back in December of 2014).

MStuart
7 months 2 days ago

People should buy what they need/like. I find my S6 pretty useful.

chi-hin
7 months 3 days ago

All of these features seem nice, but I don’t think I need to upgrade from my S6 unless it has a significant improvement in battery life.

Also I’m getting salt overdose from taking all these articles with a (healthy) dose/grain/pinch of salt. @@

sam4play
7 months 3 days ago

if it includes Micro Sd Card, water resistance and dust, and no camera protrusion, I will make the upgrade. will have to wait and see

ShivamChatak
7 months 3 days ago

I feel sorry for me and other people who bought samsung’s flagship and cant upgrade to new device every year… (still dont know why samsung misssed all these features in S6 and suddenly bringing them back in S7) BETRAYED…

RoarLions
7 months 2 days ago

If you feel betrayed about buying a phone and the company evolving a new one, then you don’t understand technology.

And if you would simply get a carrier plan that allows you to upgrade every year, then you’re all set. Otherwise, be happy about having one of the greatest technology leaps of any phone. The S6 is pure beast. The S7 will be better. The S8 will be better still.

j2001m
7 months 2 days ago

Easy as many who will have been upgrading had a s5, so the things are needed to get fast upgrades

chi-hin
7 months 3 days ago

Why did you buy the S6 if it missed all these features then?

imart
7 months 2 days ago

because it was samsungs flagship 2015.