Posted by Danny D. 1 year ago

samsung-logo

Would you like to know if your country will be receiving the Exynos 5420 or Snapdragon 800 variant of the Galaxy Note III? We have a complete list, thanks to our insiders. We would also like to confirm the CPU and GPU of the Galaxy Note III LTE (SM-N9005) and RAM of the Galaxy Note III (SM-N900), which we were not able to confirm in our previous post.

According to the information we have recently received, the Galaxy Note III LTE (SM-N9005) will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (MSM8974) CPU clocked at 2.3GHz and an Adreno 330 GPU. The Galaxy Note III 3G (SM-N900) will feature 3GB LPDDR3 (Channel A+B – 12.8Gbit+12.8Gbit) RAM.

“If your country gets both processor variants, it is a decision based on the marketing plan of Samsung. Which means if there are LTE networks in your country, Samsung will start with the LTE variant (Snapdragon 800) first.”

Missing your country? Don’t worry. Not all model names are confirmed yet.

SM-N900 – Samsung Galaxy Note III 3G
- CPU: Samsung Exynos 5420 (Octa-Core)
- GPU: ARM Mali-T628 MP6
- RAM: 3 GB LPDDR3 (Channel A+B – 12.8Gbit+12.8Gbit)

SM-N9005 – Samsung Galaxy Note III LTE
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (MSM8974)
- GPU: Adreno 330
- RAM: 3 GB LPDDR3 (Channel A+B – 12.8Gbit+12.8Gbit)

SM-N9002 – Samsung Galaxy Note III Duos
- CPU: Samsung Exynos 5420 (Octa-Core)
- GPU: ARM Mali-T628 MP6
- RAM: 3 GB LPDDR3 (Channel A+B – 12.8Gbit+12.8Gbit)

19 comments on “Exclusive: List of countries receiving Galaxy Note III’s Exynos 5420 or Snapdragon 800 variant, SM-N9005 specs confirmation

1. exo_23 1 year ago said:

Malaysia getting both variants again! Yes!

2. Metaxify 1 year ago said:

Only Snapdragon in Spain? Damn… I guess it’s time to order it via amazon or something to get the exynos. Very dissapointed..

• Abhijeet M. 1 year ago said:

I don’t really see the reason why the Exynos variant is that important. Sure, there are eight cores, but when it comes to the processing power, the Snapdragon 800 is equally great, and is actually better because there are no low-power A7 cores like on the Exynos, which are far from great for the heavy load TouchWiz puts.

• Metaxify 1 year ago said:

First of all, here in Spain LTE just started deploying and in my city (a fair big one actually) it hasn’t even arrived and won’t until at least next year. By next year I’ll change my phone also probably.

Second, if I go with a LTE contract, I’ll have to pay more and I’m more than good with my actual 3G contract/speed.

Third (now talking about the actual phone), I’ve always prefered Samsung’s own based chips, and for me a proccesor capable of delivering huge amount of power with less consumption that its competitor (in the S4 you can search for yourself that the exynos had in average 1 hour of more screen time than the snapdragon) is a very big deal. Also, the GPU is a beast so far I know. So why would I have to be left with a model that I won’t take its full potential (LTE) and not go with something I prefer?

• Abhijeet M. 1 year ago said:

Good points, I have nothing against you going with your preference, just pointing out the Snapdragon isn’t bad. And if you aren’t ever going to flash AOSP ROMs, then Exynos is great.

• Metaxify 1 year ago said:

Yeah I know it’s good, and it really sucks the AOSP support that exynos models have (I’m suffering it with my S3 international), but hey! You can’t have everything you want in this life.

• RebelwithoutaClue 1 year ago said:

You do know that with the LTE version of a smartphone, 3g works as well and you don’t need a LTE contract.

• Abhijeet M. 1 year ago said:

Oh, and like Danny mentioned to me, the GPU on Exynos is better, but the little increase in performance over the Adreno 330 is never going to be put to use in any game or app.

3. Abhijeet M. 1 year ago said:

Damn, India unlucky again, got the Exynos. There goes proper AOSP support down the drain.

4. aussiedxb 1 year ago said:

Are you sure about this information? United Arab Emirates had both the 3G and LTE versions of the Samsung Galaxy S4. Considering the fact that UAE has always been one of the first markets to receive Samsung devices since the Galaxy S3, and also considering the demand for the LTE network in the country and the new deal signed between Etisalat (service provider)and Samsung, I find it hard to believe that the LTE version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 would not be coming to the U.A.E.

5. h2s 1 year ago said:

My dream phone would be the Galaxy Note III Duos, sadly it’s only for China.

6. uvaman 1 year ago said:

I want Exynos version now its the question how to get one bc we’ll get Snap in my country and we don’t even heve LTE covered and same what Meta said its here too…

7. AquilaSol 1 year ago said:

I do so love being 5 minutes away from Germany..! :)

8. theonlymac 1 year ago said:

Does anyone have any actual info on which model could be more powerful?

Somehow the Low power octa core is charming but the 2.3GHz on the Snapdragon is an unexpectedly large clock speed for me. I was thinking of getting the Exynos at first but now i can’t decide. In my eye HSPA is fast enough so LTE doesn’t matter.

9. gtone339 1 year ago said:

No Octa-core GALAXY NOTE 3 variant for NZ then.

Snapdragon it is!!

10. solomoj13 1 year ago said:

How come Canada is not on the list. I’ll be really dissappointed if it doesn’t come to Canada. Can’t wait to get my hands on it..

11. alucard.pato 1 year ago said:

what’s mexico????????????

12. rkgurav 1 year ago said:

How to upgrade Note 3 SM-N9005 to Kitkat 4.4.2 in India? Can anybody help me there? I picked up the phone in Dubai thinking that 4G is going to be launched soon. However, I have not received the upgrade yet.