Samsung rolls out Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the Korean Galaxy S II (SHW-M250K)

Samsung has just started to push Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update to the Korean Galaxy S II (SHW-M250K). The Galaxy S II is the best-selling Android device of 2011 and has a very large user base that’s why Samsung keeps on updating this device with all the new Android versions as they want to provide the Galaxy S II users with their best support experience.

In the history of software updates, the new Jelly Bean update by Samsung to the Galaxy S II is by far the most major update given to a smartphone yet. As we all know Samsung’s ICS update didn’t had any UI changes and had exactly the same UI which was in its Gingerbread  but this is not the case with Samsung’s Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update. The new jelly bean update breathes a new life into the Galaxy S II, Samsung has completely ditched the old UI and has given the new Nature UX Interface, which is the same as the one being used in the Galaxy S III Mini and the Galaxy S III, in its latest Jelly Bean update.

Some of the Enhancements in the new Jelly Bean Update:
- Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
- Full User Interface Revamp (Same UI as of the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II)
- TouchWiz Nature UX
- Samsung’s S Cloud services
- Improved Camera features
- New Lockscreen With Many Customization Options
- New Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
- New Widgets (From Galaxy S III)
- 2 Home screen modes
- New Notification bar With More Notification Toggles
- Google Now

You can update your Korean Galaxy S II (SHW-M250K) through Samsung KIES. Make sure you fully charge your device’s battery before upgrading as the update is quite big.

Screenshots: (From I9100 JB Update)

Firmware news 40

[…] Source: SamMobile. […]

1 year 2 months ago

thanks sammobile :)

1 year 8 months ago

I need Samsung S2 SHW-M250K firmware

2 years 3 months ago

I have Samsung S2 SHW-M250K. Currently the Android OS version is 4.0.4.
When I run Samsung Kies, it does not show any updates.
Even the software update feature does not show any update.
How can I update it to Jellybean in India?

[...] A continuación una galería de capturas por parte de Sammobile. [...]

2 years 8 months ago

Hello team, I am using Samsung Galaxy S2 SHW-M250K in Korea. Previously I was running 4.0.4 ICS. Yesterday I wanted to upgrade to 4.1.2 JellyBean from xda-developer (MasterMind) but it did not work, it almost crash my mobile. So, unfortunately It was compulsory for me to go down to 4.0.3 ICS. Now I am trying to update from KIES but is not being successed. I guess we need 4.0.4 and then we can upgrade to JellyBean 4.1.2. So please if possible please send me the link from where I can download 4.0.4. I searched a lot but could not find 4.0.4 ICS or 4.1.2 Jellybean for this model (SHW-M250K). Please provide me the link if possible from where I can download and upgrade my 4.0.3.

2 years 9 months ago

When is its official 4.1.2 jelly bean ROM will be available on Sammobile since I am getting error while updating it through Kies.

2 years 9 months ago

@ Pomegranate, u sure that there won’t be any problem if i flash Spain fw on my GT-I9100T????

2 years 9 months ago

Hi,am living in india and my s2 is south korean made.can i update my phnoe via kies?…help me pls

2 years 9 months ago

I have tried 4.1.2 Spanis and also Italy for my S II, but I came back to 4.0.4 due to battery life. I don’t recommed to install 4.1.2 update. Battery drain is realy huge.

2 years 9 months ago

I9100G update just rolled out today or something.
If you own I9100M/P/T or some other variant, just flash the international version (Spain). It doesn’t matter, as the hardware is almost identical.
Please, post no more complaints about updates after this post.

2 years 9 months ago

i think as per reports provided by sammobile..all sII users would get their updates by march end or april…
keep patience..every1 gonna get updates..its just tht there were lots of bugs seen i guess…due to which the updates has been delayed…
more over sammobile they just provide us with information, they have nothing to do with the company…so stop blaming sammoobile for it… :)

2 years 9 months ago

there is nothing new in 4.1.2. I am already bored with split desktop and other gimmics offered by Note II and S III. SII is not getting a premium update : toggle screen is fixed and not changable as in SIII (this is a simple function that Samsung is lazy to implement on SII). AsThe saying goes…. Why even waste time and money with Sam. Now moderate this

2 years 9 months ago

>>>> Samsung Denmark is also rolling out JB for Galaxy S2 in Denmark at these moments!

(Seen om Samsung Danmarks Facebook site)

when for I9100G :(

2 years 9 months ago

Rolling out 4.1.2 for Italy too (no brand)… :-)

2 years 9 months ago

what about the jelly bean for ace plus?????plz update our ace plus fast sammy…..

abdallah mharma

yes i agree with you
samsung should be update samsung not n7000
cause its more a creative then sii

2 years 9 months ago

samsung is now planning to update all android sets to tizen…what do you think..about this news..i just heard..

2 years 9 months ago

wat abt galaxy ace plus update

what about android4.1 for galaxy Ace 2 ?we’re waiting

When can we expect Jelly Bean update for galaxy gt n7000 in India

2 years 9 months ago

JB 4.1.2 update out in Nordic countries (NEE)

2 years 9 months ago

Reading this utterly bad English makes my eyes collapse.
And in addition to this whole whining thing.. GET A LIFE guys.

It is just a f… software update.