Posted by 2 years ago

Apple has to pay more for Samsung’s chips

Last week Samsung reported that they will stop building the chip factory in Austin, US. Samsung started to build the chip factory specially for Apple to be able to provide them with chips faster.
Since Apple allegedly will stop using Samsung as their chip manufacturer and instead build their own chips, Samsung decided to stop building the factory. Apple has even hired Samsung’s own chip maker last month.
Today Samsung also announced that they will raise the price of iPhone and iPad processors with almost 20%. The rumor says that the reason for increasing the prices it to get the money that Samsung put in building the factory back. Since Apple still uses Samsung’s processors they had nothing else to do than accept Samsung’s demands.
Apparently Apple and Samsung aren’t no longer the good friends they used to be, the reason for that is most probably the patent war that is going on.
Samsung is now the biggest smartphone maker and have decided to fight back against Apple.
Many Apple users report that they will leave Apple because of the lack of innovation. Since the first iPhone everything has been almost the same.source

15 comments on “Apple has to pay more for Samsung’s chips

1. jeansagi 2 years ago said:

jeje… nice !

2. mk1980 2 years ago said:

I see no point for Iphone and I`m not against apple, it cannot simply attract me with that parameters and functions which it has, and shure Apple price point is really funny and hopeless too…

3. marius.pahontu 2 years ago said:

ha-ha. in my oppinion 2013 will be the falling of apple.

4. meycss 2 years ago said:

OK. How many American jobs will this cost an ailing US economy. A huge chip manufacturing facility in your own back yard. This is something unheard of in this day in age with all the manufacturing in Asia. All I can say is I hope that all this litigation instead of competition blows up in Apple’s face. Just think about it how many man hours just to construct a facility of that size and not to mention the permanent high paying jobs to run a plant and all the spin off jobs to support it. Oh well Apple knows best they can’t do any wrong. They design one single phone a year and until recently one tablet. Other companies design dozens of phones and countless tablets. CHOICE is what it is all about and competition breeds lower pricing something that is unheard of at Apple.

5. cuijknoord 2 years ago said:
  6. Archean 2 years ago said:

One thing which I think is huge plus for iphone is, that it just work right out of the box. Move over to android, and nothing is guaranteed. In fact, I’ve never owned a stable droid with consistent performance (currently am using SGS3 i9300, even it happily crashes 2/3 times a day easily).

From my experience, I’d rate iOS and WP lot higher simply because of their rock solid stability and performance.

On the point, I think Samsung will loose some business in the shorter term, but in the long term both companies will be okay, so it doesn’t seem to be a big deal.

7. mdk 2 years ago said:

its the resault…

Apple thinking to change the chip and to end the contract between apple and samsung.

8. MaleBuffy 2 years ago said:

Archean,

Of course iPhones dont crash! Know why? They do nothing! That’s why!

9. cosako63 2 years ago said:

The big monopolius have to soffer the they do to other… jijijijiji down to the capitalism…

10. xarfrost 2 years ago said:

Apple products dont have so-called “multi-tasking”, so…. They dont crash. So……. Whats a high end super phone without multitasking?

Open a game
    Open an office app
    Open a browser
    Open a video
    Open maps

Android can do it all at the same time with just task manager.

iOS? No. You have to close an app and do all the effort opening it again and stuff.

Just my opinion.

11. step1314 2 years ago said:

I hardly have crash on my Note 2 (LTE) now.
    Believe some apps (or free apps) will really affected the phone normal functioning, will uninstall the problem apps immediate with no hesitate.
    This is how i keep my phone clean interface & smooth always.

Smart people use a “real” smart phone!

*A good smart phone not only provide a retina display, a creative feature for the “new” phone is a must.

12. mariosraptor 2 years ago said:

YIPEE KI-YAY MOTHER APPLE!!!
    GO SAMSUNG

13. Toxic 2 years ago said:

@Archean

Wow … Troll much. If you say your SGS3 crashes easily 2-3 times a day then I am telling you you are lieing and full of sh!t.

It has been proven that iOS crashes more than Android phones so go do your homework 1st before posting nonsense.

If you have a defective app that causes the OS to crash its not the OS just like you cant blame the car for a drunk driver driving into a tree.

14. flasnaha 2 years ago said:

Archean

I have also an s3 . I don t know witch one u have maybe a copie of an original lol . Because i don t have any prob with my s3. But i can t tell the same about the iphone of my wife after update on ios 6.0 1

Greats :)

15. vwandroidvr6 2 years ago said:

Ha ha ha,…. the S3 crashing 2,3,4 times a day hahahah!Man please change your drug dealer :0)