Posted by vitorcerq 2 years ago

Samsung’s progress on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Update

We would like to give you guys an update on Samsung’s progress on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update for the Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S III & the Samsung Galaxy Note.

Samsung is currently working really hard on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update for all Samsung Galaxy S III (US Variants + International Variant). We have been really impressed with their progress on the International Galaxy S III (GT-I9300), so far, every new Jelly Bean TEST firmware we got our hands on had a tremendous amount of improvement over the last TEST firmware. Samsung is also somewhat changing the UI a little bit, they are not keeping it like they did with the Galaxy S II/Galaxy Note ICS Update where they kept everything exactly the same as their Gingerbread 2.3 firmware. As for the Samsung Galaxy S II and Samsung Galaxy Note, Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update is currently under heavy development.

We are expecting Jelly Bean update for the Samsung Galaxy S II and Samsung Galaxy Note in Q4. Samsung is going to give official word on Jelly Bean update for the Samsung Galaxy S III on 29 August at their IFA official Samsung Mobile Unpacked 2012 event.

We will be there at IFA for the official Samsung Mobile Unpacked 2012 event and will give you our hands-on overview of the Samsung Galaxy Note II. We will be having a live stream of the Samsung Mobile Unpacked 2012 event for those who can’t go, so make sure you bookmark our SamMobile Special: IFA 2012 Berlin post.

• No Related Posts

50 comments on “Samsung’s progress on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Update

1. wietze 2 years ago said:
  2. ndy4eva 2 years ago said:

Can’t wait for JB update on my Galaxy S2. :)

3. Deybycm 2 years ago said:

que buena noticia y mi respeto para el 4.1.1 gracias por todo su ayuda.

4. FaryaabS 2 years ago said:

No hay de qué! ( Google Translate ;) )

5. sam10102539 2 years ago said:

The New Galaxy S2 Look

6. ivanmercado 2 years ago said:

Only 2 days more guys! to see when We exactly will get JB for our S3!! Nice!!

I can’t imagine how much faster can this phone works! I think Android found its status of art over the Quad-Core processors.

Later!

7. donjunito 2 years ago said:

Very nice update on this….Me personally went berserk with the OTA leak for TMO GS3 and went back to 4.0.4 Because it has many bugs….but from what i saw….it is the best thing to happen to me after the release of the phone itself!!! :-)

8. rockingsiva 2 years ago said:

but 80% samung galaxy users dont care about these updates lol
    :p

9. udokalina 2 years ago said:

Hepsi hikaye, Samsung önce S2 Brig Bug madurlarını tatmin etsin.

10. averymlewis 2 years ago said:

I been had Jelly Bean on my S3 lol. No major news for majority of us modders. However am looking to get my hands on the GN2

11. sandspiegel 2 years ago said:

I hope you guys can give us an leaked build for the Galaxy SII, so codeworkx and other people from Teamhacksung can fix the HW Composer and the Sound bug on CyanogenMod 10, so we can have nightlies for the international SII.

12. roygutgon 2 years ago said:

I really hope this doesn’t mean what I am thinking: that Samsung will work on the UI based on the recent patent trail (in order to make sure they comply with everything they were accused…).

This could probably mean delays to get Jelly bean…

Give us Jelly Bean and then work on the UI !!!

13. ryarrell 2 years ago said:

The new nature UI of the Galaxy S3 is splendid and the battery life on my Galaxy S3 is the BEST I have ever had from any android smartphone especially standby mode. I applaud Samsung for the forward progress they have made from the early days of the Galaxy S line. If your not rolling with the Galaxy line today meaning the Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note, and Galaxy Nexus then your not rolling at all. And with the upcoming Galaxy Note 2 and upcoming Galaxy Nexus 2 the future is extremely bright regardless of the apple lawsuit with all the appeals Samsung has in place as well as the possibility of taking this case to the Supreme court which what I would do Samsung will be just fine…Bring on jellybean to my tmobile monster…

14. Hell.Keeper 2 years ago said:

So only the new mobiles have updates? What about the S5830?

15. lilmoe 2 years ago said:

I hope the release the kernel source code soon with a working HW Composer, CM10 would be great then.

16. maxximuscool 2 years ago said:

I care about this update :)
    Bring it on Sammy. I’ll continue to support your products even crApple has bullied you.

17. Koniowalski 2 years ago said:

q4 is a 3 month period :) what a news … bunch of well known facts

18. Rony Wijaya 2 years ago said:

Can i have jb tomorrow in indobesia ???

19. deani77 2 years ago said:

Hope Galaxy TAB series will be included in the JB update program

20. lelinuxien52 2 years ago said:

New OTA firmware available for GT-I9300 (United-Kingdom BTU).

The release number is : I9300XXDLH8 upgradable from I9300XXBLG8.
    It includes a kernel just compiled today (Tue Aug, 28 2012).

21. maxximuscool 2 years ago said:

I’m starting to wonder why is my Galaxy S3 GT-i9300 Vodafone NZ never get any update at all.
    My kernel version is still 06 June and still LF2 firmware. I’ve never get any OTA at all, not even with my S2 for a year. Lol.
    Am I the unluckiest one?

22. boyet13 2 years ago said:

hope it would be a good outcome in my note-I…. i cant wait for JB bring it on!!!!

23. lelinuxien52 2 years ago said:

@maxximuscool : you aren’t the unluckiest one. You have just bought a Vodafibe GT-i9300. Updates Over The Air always start for unbranded devices.

Wait OTA update or flash your mobile with full Odin firmware, available on this website.

24. VictorSII 2 years ago said:

Please get the rom 4.1.1 Jelly Bean for galaxy SII… the we need !!!!

25. sapoide 2 years ago said:

I holpe that ROM 4.1.1 for Galaxy SII bring the same touchwiz as is in galaxy SIII

26. stoolzo 2 years ago said:

nice but still no new on allshare cast, potentially one of the best things about this device, if we ever get it and it works like they say it will.

27. blaster1532 2 years ago said:

Hey guys.

So the JB for the international s3 is comming tomorrow or not?

28. Rony Wijaya 2 years ago said:

What happend with jelly bean LH8 UK BTU,,,why s voice doesn’t work?? Where the voice ???

29. maxximuscool 2 years ago said:

@lelinuxien52
    My Vodafone S3 is the exact same as unbranded version. It has no Vodafone specifics. My missus Vodafone S3 16GB got updates first thing when I opened the box and so does my colleague in the same office as me (Telecom NZ branding) got his update twice already.

Mine hasn’t got one yet.

30. noface83 2 years ago said:

I hope they open the App2SD on S3 JB firmware, I don’t know who’s lock it (Android or Samsung) that make S3 unable to put Apps to external SD card. I have friend have Galaxy Note I and use ICS 4.0.4 firmware (same as my S3) and he able to save his apps to SD card. So I really hope Samsung open the feature again on S3 on JB firmware, I’m already 1GB left on my 16GB internal SD :(

Is there anyone know where to contact Samsung?

31. blaster1984 2 years ago said:

jesus man, you have to improve you writing, I did not get what you said at all. lol

32. EinsGaston 2 years ago said:

A que hora sale el android 4.1.1 para gt-9300?????????

33. BeyongGalaxy 2 years ago said:

What is the future of Galaxies? Apple just bombed Sam with patent suit, wouldn’t consumers have to remove all current firmwares?

34. caseresjimenez24 2 years ago said:
  35. VictorSII 2 years ago said:

And Jelly Bean when?

36. Palatinae 2 years ago said:

what about your tweet today that s3, galaxy note 10.1 and galaxy note will get jb soon..with no mention to s2 whether it will get the update even later !!!?

the s2 and note are the same hardware..but what about s2g…!!!

i think samsung will be so busy to support it..& 4.04 will be the end of the journey.

37. rooney88 2 years ago said:

does anybody knows when the update is comming for the s3 in Germany??

38. SPG 2 years ago said:

And please please put the ‘old’ Samsung clock/alarm back in, that I enjoyed in 2.3.x
    (Galaxy S2)

I really miss it on 4.0.x

39. sanatorium 2 years ago said:

Please tell me that this update will fix the phone . I spent a fortune on it and nothing that I use and like work at all . The carrier will not replace it . It drops calls like crazy , You cannot upload any pictures at all with out an error . and my words with friends game will not work . Whats the use . Might as well get an I phone

40. ZeevGoldstein 2 years ago said:

hi,

any news re S3 JB update ?
    it was supposed to be out on Aug 29th…

41. ahmedzi 2 years ago said:

What do you mean, its already out, an official one not a test build, waiting for the source code

42. ZeevGoldstein 2 years ago said:

sorry ?
    are you saying it is out ?
    where ?
    how can i update my device ?
    it was supposed to be rither OTA or through Kies – neither of them found the update

my device is from Holland

any suggestions ?
    thanks…

43. ZeevGoldstein 2 years ago said:

any way – the version mentioned in SamMobile is a TEST version…

44. arbi1234 2 years ago said:

thank you samsung very good job for s2 and note 2

45. easttall 2 years ago said:

is there any news?

46. bhr54 2 years ago said:

I do not get tired of updating to version 4.0.4 to version 4.1.1 as soon as possible, at least Nkrdyn Pdytshv the lower right of your Samsung customer buyer behavior Myknyyn kinda like that.

47. bhr54 2 years ago said:

I do not get tired of updating to version 4.0.4 to version 4.1.1 as soon as possible, at least Nkrdyn Pdytshv low iran buyer has the right to like your Samsung customer Myknyyn deal.

48. bhr54 2 years ago said:

I have now officially been about a year but I could not wait for Android 4 on Galaxy S 2 Pdytsh further service, please do so. Wow

49. curahee343 2 years ago said:

What about for galaxy s2G? we need jelly bean too!!!!

50. FurFur_ 2 years ago said: