Galaxy S5 Marshmallow update arrives in India

Home / News / Galaxy S5 Marshmallow update arrives in India

It seems to be a good day for Samsung’s Indian consumers. The Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 edge+ got the latest security update in India today, but more importantly, Samsung has started rolling out Marshmallow to the Galaxy S5 in the country. The company’s first water-resistant flagship is making the jump to Android 6.0.1 with firmware version G900IDDU1CPD1, and Indian users should be seeing a notification telling them about the update’s availability.

If that notification doesn’t show up, you can take matters into your own hands by heading into the Settings » About device » Software update menu or firing up Samsung Smart Switch. The firmware can also be downloaded from our firmware section. As far as new features and changes are concerned, S5 users can look forward to only the default Marshmallow features (such as Google Now on Tap, Doze and granular permissions support for apps), as Samsung isn’t bringing its new UI to its flagships from before 2015.

Firmware Details:

1 year 5 months ago
despob

finally i got 6.01 update for samsung s5 G900H…on 1 may 2016

itsnivethan
1 year 5 months ago
itsnivethan

finally i got 6.0 update for samsung s5 G900H…

deepanshu3105
1 year 5 months ago
deepanshu3105

what is new in the update is it running with old ui or they have given a new ui as in s6 and s7

hemant556591
1 year 5 months ago
hemant556591

i am from india and same problem g900h..next time no samsung

despob
1 year 5 months ago
despob

Dear HEMANT556591 6.01 for s5 900h has ben released for India on 1 may 2016 . you can update your phone for the same over the air “OTA”

ashishBOSS
ashishBOSS

Marshmallow for 900h Kazakhstan released. Cheers.

hunter3424
hunter3424

Do you even care about the people who have g900h??
It’s been 2 month since g900l was updated….come onnnn

RuffoNN
RuffoNN

Samsung mock G900H G900H users have no complaints and requests not yet been updated to the 6.0.1

Rupak1
Rupak1

Hello sir I live in India I m good friend of Samsung but I do not have see marshmallow update in my galaxy s 5 model no. Sm-g900h so can u tell me plz when update I will receive and I do not know it will be 4g support so plz tell me I m waiting for u r ans.

gundeep singh
gundeep singh

marshmallow update for sm-g900h ( s5) when it will get it tell me please

Kamal363
Kamal363

can we flash others region firmware… mine is SM G900F Quallcomm on lollipop 5.0 XME flash to SM G900F Mashmallow 6.0 [email protected]….

aplombx
aplombx

I am selling my samsung galaxy s5 (sm-g900h) and i will buy Nexus phone which will get Android N (Android 7) by the end of 2016.

Vbhavi501
Vbhavi501

Even economy phones treat their users well.But samsung you dont even care of ur customers.Our s5 exynos(samsung chip) g900h in india still didnt get marshmallow where everyone has it.Decided not to buy another samsung product ever.You cheaters.

sumansiram
sumansiram

I’m also owner of Samsung Galaxy S5( SM-G900H/ Exynos) mobile from INDIA.. Still i’m waiting for Marshmallow(6.0) update. I think Samsung is ignoring India after the sale of mobile in. once people here lose trust on ur flagship phones they will never buy if you don’t update S5. It’s already started most of Indian also started migrating to iphone’s and Nexus devices. it’s high time for you sunsung ASAP release updated to Indian user else it will lose Big mart in India.

KshitijShah
KshitijShah

Even I have got a Samsung Galaxy S5 SMG900-H and it’s been 6 months since the last major Lollipop update had come!! Samsung is too slow in rolling out the updates, I feel ashamed to tell my friends that Im gonna get the 6.0 rn whole they are on the verge of Android N on Nexus devices, come on Samsung you can’t be that lazy

aneesh4g
aneesh4g

dear team , when we will get a marshmallow update on g900h in india

aplombx
aplombx

I am from India and I have Samsung Galaxy S5( SM-G900H/ Exynos) and I never received android 5.1 and I am expecting android 6.0…..ROFL……..

aplombx
aplombx

I am from India and I have Samsung Galaxy S5( SM-G900H/ Exynos) and I am also waiting for Marshmallow update. I don’t know why Samsung is very lazy when it come to update. Samsung release all it’s flagship models in India with big bang because India is a big market but Samsung forgets to update its models……Samsung is very lazy, thats why Indians are now going after Apple, Nexus and Motorola. Seems like I have to migrate to other brands who are more loyal towards their loyal customers. Guys please don’t buy Samsung flagships.

Leonitis
1 year 7 months ago
Leonitis

Great news, eventually it will come to oz………

RuffoNN
1 year 7 months ago
RuffoNN

6.0.1 freezes urgent need to update G900F

Dineshk3
1 year 7 months ago
Dineshk3

Hi,

After 6.01 update, seeing a problem in notification panel. It doesnt have shortcuts such as wifi. When I tried to configure, setting gets crashed.

Pl help me out to solve this. Anyone else facing this issue?

Altair571
1 year 7 months ago
Altair571

Anyone that has a s view cover will find that when you close the cover system ui has stopped

suryasamip08
1 year 7 months ago
suryasamip08

Where is the A8’s 6.0 upgrade?????

sanayp
1 year 7 months ago
sanayp

Dont know why samsung do this everytime

The update is the same and only thing new is new icons thats it.

Even Economy Class people get treated better than what Samsung are treating their customers

sanayp
1 year 7 months ago
sanayp

That comes standard with marshmallow. I am talking about Samsungs UI and Features which S5 did not get

Ulfric Sombrage
1 year 7 months ago
Ulfric Sombrage

Shame on you samsung. I have SM-G900H I don’t know why we have to wait so long to get every update. We are really angry, if there is no update for us, this is my last samsung smartphone. Remerber that you are not the only one in the world.

jobin msj
1 year 7 months ago
jobin msj

I’m in india, where is my model? Samsung Galaxy s5 g900h? Every time you release update picked last in my model. Please change this idea release same time every model. Sir I’m waiting long days update, so please release update. Otherwise I broken this phone because I’m very angry Samsung company.

wpDiscuz
Android Oreo Mega Deal! One year SamMobile Premium from €55 for €25! Android Oreo Mega Deal! One year SamMobile Premium from €55 for €25! X