[Updated: New render] Is this our first look at the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge?

We are finally getting a look at what could be the final design of the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge. Evleaks has released two images that show the phones from the front; the images looks somewhat photoshopped (see the slanted home button on the regular S7 in the first image?), but they do appear to have be very close to the real deal.

The home button is also less round than on current devices, though not as squarish as the one seen in leaked renders and concepts. The February 21 date mentioned on the lockscreen points to the date the S7 is expected to go official, with a new wallpaper that is darker than the wallpapers Samsung has used as default on its flagships before.

Even if these images aren’t fully accurate, don’t be surprised if the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge look like this – very similar to the Galaxy S6 lineup. From early on it was reported that Samsung won’t be making notable changes to the design, and all the impressive changes are expected to be under the hood, with features like a microSD slot, larger batteries, and possibly water-resistance.

What do you think of these images? Fake? Almost real? Something else? Let us know in the comments!

s7-s7-edge-1

s7-s7-edge-2

Update: Another leaked render.

galaxy-s7-galaxy-s7-edge-render-back

Source

Phones

Jason westman
9 months 21 days ago

Is this year’s edge display just going to be asthetic or functional like the note edge ?

ProdByEchelon
10 months 3 days ago

These look more toned down. No more flashy colours and no shine to the camera and HR modules. This will definitely not stand out like its older siblings do and that’s a bad thing.

lujki
10 months 3 days ago

Notice the first photo where the earpiece is black like on the S5 and the second one where its clearly silver… Just saying. Other than that it seems just a bit more round on corners (I don’t find it all that pretty but it’s OK) and other than that it looks just as the S6. Metal around is a bit nicer and seems blue-ish on side of black S6 on the second photo. It’s same as S6 on the bottom. And capacitive buttons are clearly visible even when off and that’s not the case on S6. So it’s minor but welcome and nice design improvement. But if there’s not much on hardware/software department I don’t see the reason to upgrade from my S6.

Triathlete
10 months 3 days ago

I have to say, I don’t understand some of the posters below. Yes, it “looks” similar to other versions of the S line to some degree. If that is what matters to you, I will sell you a car that “looks” like a Porsche with a Yugo engine under the hood :).

I have been waiting for a year to upgrade my phone and badly need a phone. I am looking for the following:
*decent speed/performance
*great battery life
*micro SD slot
*water/dust proof
*decent camera

I thought I was going to get the Sony Xperia Z4V, but it never came out last year (I know the SD 810 had problems but that phone would have met or exceeded on my five dimensions).

I don’t believe there is anything revolutionary about the S7, but to me it just looks like a phone that is finally the whole package put together that surprisingly no one else has done.

*top speed/performance (and by top I mean among the top, the differences among the top don’t matter except to geeks who want to say their’s is .04% faster in some meaningless benchmark)

*outstanding battery life – 17 hour video playback, wow.

*microSD slot – this is a simple yes/no question. Looks like S7 = yes

*rumors say S7 is IP67 certified. My phone gets rained on, sweated on, hit by spilled water, etc. I’m not going to invest $700 (or whatever any top phone costs) in a phone that can be destroyed by something as ubiquitous as water.

*camera on S7 is more than decent, I am very glad to see low light/action shots be the focus because the difference in 12 vs 16MP doesn’t matter. The difference in ability to take ‘real life’ shots does.

adrscu
10 months 3 days ago

99.9% of the world doesn’t know what a Yugo is.

alminkohota
10 months 2 days ago

Car made in former Yugoslavia. lol Yugo 45

n13l5
10 months 3 days ago

Ignoring the ‘edge’ versions, which lack a good reason for existence imo; fake or not, it kinda looks the same as everything else, unless one chooses to focus on minutiae.

If there’s a MicroSD card slot, it’ll be somewhere on my list of potentials with expected good build quality and also expected to be a bloatware landfill until rooted.

Since rooting tends to be a recurring drain of my time, my shopping list now has Samsung phones behind phones I think I could live with without rooting.

gtone339
10 months 4 days ago

Well here’s hoping that the final S7 may appear like this during the unveiling next month.

Waleed21don

Looks like a bigger s3!

Solun
10 months 3 days ago

You´re actually quite right about that. Fortunately just design wise. It´s funny that verge wrote it looks a lot like the iPhone. Can you believe it?

yousef jaber
10 months 4 days ago

it has nothing to do with the s3 !!!!

Bufferzz
10 months 4 days ago

Upper image is fake for sure. Look at the left home button. Lower image looks more legit.

ozaz
10 months 4 days ago

I’m sure whetever gets released will look good and have a great camera.

Only relevant question for me is whether there is a significant improvement in battery life.

marafona1986
10 months 4 days ago

It shouldn’t be too different. Because the change was the s6 edge. So it should be 99% the same, and the different and the processor.

o0MHJ0o
10 months 4 days ago

They look great but I was hoping they’d change things up a bit and at least come up with a new colour, I’m hoping for a dark ruby red. That would be awesome

MementoMori82

HOLY HELL they are beautiful. Please be true

ProdByEchelon
10 months 4 days ago

The top and bottom bezels aren’t Note5 slim but its definitely a step up from the S6.

vbx
10 months 4 days ago

Beautiful. Now this is something I would buy over the Galaxy A series.

BingoSeasons
10 months 4 days ago

It looks so real. Yay, but too expensive.

deejaywilly

for me as a samsung fan
if this the what the new S line will look then I’ll stick with my s6 dual and the s6 edge as there is no much difference between them

j2001m
10 months 4 days ago

It the battery power that will get you to upgrade, Samsung have made a very good move