Exclusive: Some details you didn’t know about the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge

The rumor mill has been in overdrive in the last week or so, with leaks about the Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 Edge flying in from all directions. With so much happening around Samsung’s hugely anticipated upcoming flagships, we reached out to our insiders for more info on the two devices, and we have been able to get a few details – from the Edge displays on the Galaxy S5 Edge to the phones’s design - that have not been talked about anywhere until now.

We have exclusively confirmed it before, and a leak earlier today has reiterated the fact that the phone will have an Edge screen on both sides. According to our insider, the Edge screens will be 30 to 50 percent less curved than the Edge display on the Galaxy Note Edge, because of the smaller size of the handset and because of the volume and power buttons on the sides, and both curves will be completely uniform.

Now, about a few elements of the design of the two devices. As we’ve seen on devices like the Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Note 4, the camera module on both the S6 and S6 Edge will have the same color as the color of the phone itself (Samsung will be offering four different color choices). Also, both the back and front of the device will exactly the same color – that means both sides will have the same finish, a good hint that we’re looking at an all-metal (and possibly glass) design.

All in all, the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge will bring a marked change to the established order of Samsung’s flagship Android smartphones, as the company looks at reversing the downward trend it has seen both in consumer interest and in operating profits. It won’t be long before the two handsets are made official, and judging by how everything is shaping up to be, we have a feeling this iteration of Samsung’s UNPACKED event will be the best we have ever seen.

Update: The original version of this story mentioned that the camera sensor on the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge will be larger than the one on the Galaxy Note 4 (and Galaxy Note Edge). It turns out that part of our info was wrong, and we have taken it down as a result.

Phones 12

zac69000
1 year 4 months ago

there’ll be a duos version, most likly ;-) (once they’ve released the s6 & s6 edge)First!

quite happy with my S5 for now ;-) the lolipop upgrade must be getting close now?. for the (s5 lte a g906s) fingers crossed anyway lol ;-)

jaczek
1 year 4 months ago

Not a word about whether it is going to be DUOS or not. That is why I purchased S5 mini being an S3 owner. The S4 was disappointing me.
What is the reason for waiting such a long time for the DUOS versions? Can someone tell me?

Milos B
1 year 4 months ago

I am still waiting from Samsung mini version of the same performance as the main model. How does Sony Compact model.

afhkhan
1 year 4 months ago

I really hope that the S6 doesn’t disappoint like S5. There was this wow factor in S3 and S4 which lacked in S5 and to some extent I am apprehensive of the S6 outcome.

vnovomsate
1 year 4 months ago

S5 camera is one of the best (not for macro) and water/dust resistance is one of the best features what I can see on galaxy S5. Note 4 is not resistant and thats bad. All flagships should have IP 68 or better because thaz cost lots of money…

ProdByEchelon
1 year 4 months ago

As more news about the Galaxy S Edge leaks, I fall more and more in love with it. I wish the Note Edge was similar. I would’ve been more patient to get it and not the standard Note 4.

shaukat77
1 year 4 months ago

so the s6 is thinner, got better camera ,slightly curved ,so basically just another galaxy but no wow factor ,i was disappointed with s5 but s4 the original daddy.

MatheusARodrigues

Yes. The same boring design :(

wlting
1 year 4 months ago

i wish to upgrade my S3, and for me the most important is the camera, and sound like S6 going to show us a great camera…. wait for a superb phone at March later… can’t wait!!! so excited this time, compare to s4 s5 announcements… XD

JohnK
1 year 4 months ago

Having bought all Galaxy S year after year, i can say that any of S4 or S5 would have satisfied you. There’s already such a gap between those devices and S3 that i can’t understand people who didn’t get rid of S3.

I hope you suffered all that long with your S3 only for budget reasons and not “disappointing announcements”.

juxt417
1 year 4 months ago

I have had the s3 since it first became available and decided to wait till the s5 to upgrade again. While the s3 is definitely starting to show its age. The s5 not having 64 bit and the overall look really kept me away from getting and as tempted as i am to get the nOte 4. I am going to wait and hope that Samsung doesn’t drop the ball on the s6.

glados
1 year 4 months ago

The quality of the Note 4 camera is more than good enough. I just hope they add phase detect autofocus. The speed of the camera is what they should be looking to improve.

Join the premium experience - get 25% discount* Join the premium experience - get 25% discount* X