Posted by Abhijeet M. 8 months ago

Galaxy Grand DUOS (GT-I9082) receiving Android 4.2.2 update

GALAXY GRAND SAMMOBILE  HOME

Well, the saga of the mid-range devices receiving an official taste of Android 4.2 before the high-end ones continues: Samsung has released the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy Grand DUOS in Russia. This comes after Samsung updated the Galaxy S II Plus, Galaxy Note 8.0, and the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to the newer Jelly Bean iteration.

The update’s build number is I9105PXXUBMG8, which is newer than the build that earlier leaked for the Grand. Android 4.2.2 brings new features such as lockscreen widgets, dedicated toggles menu in the status bar, improved task switching, Daydream screensaver mode, and performance enhancements. On the TouchWiz side of things, expect to see new widgets, homescreen and more from the Galaxy S4.

Here are the update details:

• Model Name: Galaxy Grand Duos
  • Model Version: GT-I9082
  • OS Version: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
  • Build Date: 29.07.2013
  • PDA: I9082XXUBMGA

The update should be rolling out now but might take a few days to reach you. If you’re unwilling to wait, you can grab the full firmware from the source link and update manually via Odin (you can flash it on a Galaxy Grand from any country, but you might have to wipe all data after a manual install to make it boot if you’re flashing it on a device outside Russia).

Source

113 comments on “Galaxy Grand DUOS (GT-I9082) receiving Android 4.2.2 update

1. saipratapbec 8 months ago said:

Any update on UPDATE of Note 2 Plz….!
    Its very absurd to listen about updates of low/mid range devices whilst leaving the high end phones with the outdated version :(
    Plz convey samsung to update the high end mobiles first!!!!

• freakyscientist 8 months ago said:

S3 and Note 2 will get directly updated to 4.3!!

• kuravravee 8 months ago said:

can we get this version in India now?

• udaykn06 8 months ago said:

To all Galaxy grand duos owners..4.2.2 is officially out in India.I have done the update today thro kies..Pl check your software update icon.If there is N poping then you are ready for the update.As i tried in vain to update thro OTA I tried using Kies and vola…Update took almost more than 1 hr uninterrupted and there goes my GG from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2..It awesome.Tryout.All the best

• ak092 8 months ago said:

but did u noticed anything annoying after the update my friend some motion and gestures are gone cant send mp3 file directly from music player multi window does not work in easy mode

2. scekic 8 months ago said:

what,s the point then having flagship tablet like 10.1 Note .? if you have to wait ages to get the latest sw

3. linkinparkjubin 8 months ago said:

thank you samsung … i have been waiting for this …so when is the release date for india

4. idaidut 8 months ago said:

i hope galaxy grand can on 4.3 jelly bean :)

5. scuther 8 months ago said:

Jelly Bean Galaxy Ace Plus, please!!

6. verma.dheeraj 8 months ago said:

When its update comes to India.. please advise

7. ankithak 8 months ago said:

was waiting for it for long time..just thought about falshing it manualyy ..thank god

when will it be available in INDIA?

8. akeem127 8 months ago said:

Please update the T-Mobile version of the Galaxy S2 in the United States.

9. gatass 8 months ago said:

does it work for I9082L?

10. fer_champions 8 months ago said:

Grand Duos is a worse smarthpone than galaxy s3 and note 2….. I don’t understand why Samsung hasn’t launched this official firmware yet for the galaxy s3 which is the most sold smarthphone… 60 million of units!!! :( :( :( :( Tired of waiting…………………. Delays Delays Delays…………….

11. Rantim_Ronny 8 months ago said:

Is updating manually via Odin is exactly the same procedure, Official OTA update does! Or It Includes Rooting and Voiding Warranty…

Reply!!!!

• divinelogix 8 months ago said:

No need for rooting. Warranty remains intact as it’s an Official Samsung ROM. Use Odin as normal. If you’ve already installed the initial 4.2.2 beta there’s no need for repartitioning. Just install by selecting the file in ODIN using “PDA’ button. You can check “Auto Reboot’ and “F Reset Time options”. All should go well & Android should upgrade with your files/settings preserved [from 4.2.2 beta].

• gowhamkrazzy4 8 months ago said:

my grand has 4.1.2 i downloaded the source file but it cant installed into my mobile through my odin plzz any help….

12. samkitpalecha 8 months ago said:

Can I use it on GT-I9082L ?

13. deepakparmar06 8 months ago said:

wtf… grand duos wiill get 4..2.2 and s2plus also get same.

thn wat abt n7000 galaxy this phn will get 4.2.2 ,4.3 or not

14. aleemkhn86 8 months ago said:

is both sim card working after installing dis firmware

• divinelogix 8 months ago said:

Hi Yes. Both SIM cards work perfectly. Also, you can now create a shortcut to your desktop to manage SIMs without the process crashing. Very handy!

15. aleemkhn86 8 months ago said:

is both sim card working after installing dis firmware on grand duos

16. rohitmng 8 months ago said:

how to install tar.md5 file and where to put it in odin

• divinelogix 8 months ago said:

Make sure your battery is at least 70%. Launch ODIN. Make sure it detects your phone. Use “PDA” to select the file. Check “Auto Reboot” and F. Reset Time” options. Click start.

17. rohitmng 8 months ago said:

how to install tar.md5 file and where to put it in odin for india

galaxy grand gt i9082

18. snioulus 8 months ago said:

What about S3 mini?

19. veeramanink 8 months ago said:

hi,

anyone give installation steps via ODIN for this update.

20. o1ds 8 months ago said:

What about the L version (i9082l)?

21. Yosuatel 8 months ago said:

It ingreible to update this phone with lower benefits and S3 galaxi samsung 4.1.2 follow with this disappointing I’ve been waiting a long time the update. Samsung not want more.

22. verma.dheeraj 8 months ago said:

When it coming to India, also what is the difference between, I9082XXUBMF2 and I9082XXUBMGA update

23. veeramanink 8 months ago said:

what is the difference between GT-i9082 and GT-i9082L?

24. jlucasgt 8 months ago said:

samsung filha da mãe ela faz essa bosta de 4.2.2 pro s4 e não pro s3 e note 2 que é um dos melhores produtos deles

25. Gowthamsid 8 months ago said:

When is the update coming to india ?

26. moatazhakam 8 months ago said:

This frimware contains Arabic Language ?

27. hellinacellt 8 months ago said:

i install 4.2.2 updates manually it works but the internet it automatically connects after sometime even after disconnect

28. hellinacellt 8 months ago said:

when 4.2 updates available in india

29. veeramanink 8 months ago said:

My phone model
    GT-i9082(CSC – ECT Nigeria) using this phone in Singapore.
    Originally it was 4.1.2 version.
    Now updated with 4.2.2(CSC SER) Russia version.
    all the settings, call & sms logs not wiped.
    but few applications(Google+,Viber,Skype,..) force closed,
    after re-install all apps back to normal.

for performance need to work few days…

thanks sammobile for this firmware.

• veeramanink 8 months ago said:

all the time not really smooth.
      sometime hangs, most of application needed to re-install.
      it always took 600mb, if you clear memory it just goto 520mb.
      ****
      Multi-window option is not working.

30. tturko 8 months ago said:

Para cuando la actualización del Samsung noteII…

31. alirezaghorbani 8 months ago said:

when update galaxy sIII mini to 4.2.2 or 4.3??? why??? sumsung please update

32. karthik_sa2 8 months ago said:

Waiting for India.. : )

33. karthik_sa2 8 months ago said:

does the cam have photosphere?

34. veeramanink 8 months ago said:

please don’t install, this 4.2.2 is too heavy for GT-i9082, my device hangs maximum, plan to downgrade to 4.1.2

35. paragtetambe 8 months ago said:

Puerto Rico GALAXY GRAND (GT-I9080L) update I9080LWAAMG1/I9080LPCTAMG1
    Brazil GALAXY GRAND DUOS (GT-I9082L) update I9082LVJAMF1/I9082LZTRAMF1
    Taiwan GALAXY GRAND DUOS (GT-I9082) update I9082ZTAMH1/I9082ZZTAMH1
    Portugal (TMN) GALAXY GRAND DUOS (GT-I9082) update I9082XXAMG3/I9082TMNAMG1
    China GALAXY GRAND DUOS (GT-I9082) update I9082ZNAMG1/I9082CHUAMG1
    the are those who have started recieving 4.2.2
    still no sign for india!!!

36. Marco Rivera 8 months ago said:

Donde se puede descargar la versión para latinoamerica GT-I9080L

37. jcresgate 8 months ago said:

Exists to GT-I9082L?

38. AndroidRidersv.5 8 months ago said:

Sir, Why is the camera on that firmware is not updated like the galaxy s4 ones?

39. yogeshy 8 months ago said:

When India get this update please tell me

40. Leobasss 8 months ago said:

I9082LVJAMF1 é a ultima atualização do Gran Duos gt-i9082L?

41. rafeeqmanamal 8 months ago said:

Hi..
    The source says Country is Russia. I am using my phone in UAE. Can I use this firmware to upgrade my phone?

42. zoran bibic 8 months ago said:

Shame you Samsung , almost whole year Galaxy Note 2 and S3 is on Android 4.1.2 … shame you Samsung .

43. Green Man 8 months ago said:

and Android 4.2.2 for Galaxy S3 Mini nobody knows please?

44. data999 8 months ago said:

hi guys. im from india
    i downloaded and installed the 4.2.2 russian version ROM in my grand duos. Its working fine. All contacts and messages remain intact. Nothing lost. BTW the ROM is so nice and smoother than previous 4.1.2.

45. dipeshpatel.1991 8 months ago said:

WHEN THE UPDATE COMES TO INDIA?????

IF IT DOESN’T COME…….THEN ITS MY LAST SAMSUNG DEVICE…..

46. tonylin880806 8 months ago said:

now,update comes to india, please next update 4.2.2 to China mobiles CHU code……………………………………………………………

47. fastin 8 months ago said:

WHEN THIS UPDATE COMES TO UZBEKISTAN?!

48. hozefa82 8 months ago said:

I bought 2 galaxy grand in mumbai india between one month gap. The new got updated with 4.2.2 today but the old one is still not received any update. I dont understand why….
    Anyways waiting till the update arrives but the new features in the update r awesome
    Gallery has got a new look
    Video player is furnished with new ui
    Dream screensaver
    Magnification zoom option
    Settings menu changed
    Status bar shortcute is now editable
    New Safety assistance option
    Contacts n call log has got new icons
    Call log n dialpad is bit faster now
    Sim manager got new icons with editional heart icon
    Etc…
    Thanx

• udaykn06 8 months ago said:

Hi Hozefa..Although the update worked fine but for bluetooth.I have a Bluetune Divoom speaker…Till prior to update the music played well,but post update the music breaks ..R u experiencing the same problem..Do reply

49. gaganpreetca 8 months ago said:

Galaxy Grand 4.2.2 update for India is available on sammobile.com

you can alternate visit on the following link: -http://www.hotfile.com/dl/243639040/469cbd2/I9082XXUBMHD_I9082ODDBMH3_INU.zip.html

enjoy

50. udaykn06 8 months ago said:

• ak092 8 months ago said:

plz help me out after updating my grand duos to official ver 4.2 som of my motions and gesture are gone multi window does not work in easy mode cant send mp3 file directly from music player can anybody help me plz its a humble request

51. chaochaynoi 8 months ago said:

why not update I9082L?

52. ozan2323 8 months ago said:

4.2.2 PROBLEM-PROBLEM-PROBLEM

53. Sethu25 8 months ago said:

In 4.2.2 battery usage is high .its charging very slowly and discharging very fast

54. mhndsh 8 months ago said:

After upgrading to 4.2.2, i have a problem “Share a file failed…” when trying to upload or share pictures to whatsapp and facebook… any help please?

• udaykn06 8 months ago said:

Try removing the battery and reinsert it and check once again…

• mhndsh 8 months ago said:

i found that the problem is only with files (pictures) dated after 1/9/2013… so i can share older files !!!

• nezar747 8 months ago said:

i’m from saudi arabia and i have the same problem .. what could coz the problem , same situation all pix after the update could not be shared.

plz let me know how to fix it if there is any solution

55. mmdaraja 8 months ago said:

I recently updated my wife’s phone a Samsung galaxy grand duos I9082 with 4.2.2 Jellybean Over the Air. After that she notices she is unable to send or receive SMS’s. Atleast rarely sometimes send SMS works but she is not able to receive SMS’s at all. Any clue on this issue and how it can be solved

56. fastin 8 months ago said:

don’t forget wipe your phone to factory defaults after update

57. fastin 8 months ago said:

Первый тут русский коментарий…
    Не обращайте внимания, просто идите нахуй!!!

58. fastin 8 months ago said:

То неловкое чувство, когда обновление на твой телефон в сраной Кении появилось раньше чем в твоей грёбаной чуркозаселённой стране…

59. rushank 8 months ago said:

Guys is grand supporting OTG now?….i mean can we connect our pen drive after this update?….If not the please Samsung have this in galaxy Grand…..i think this will be a better one to come in the next update……wat say guys…?

60. Jonatas Lopes 8 months ago said:

Temos alguma previsão para atualização para 4.2.2 o modelo GT-I9082L?

61. ak092 8 months ago said:

62. ak092 8 months ago said:

is the motions for opening camera through locked screen working in anybody grand duos 4.2?

63. Omar de leon 8 months ago said:

because the GT-i9082 if you update and GT-i9082L no!? there will be an update to android 4.2.2 for GT-i9082L .. because it is unfair q actualize one if the other does not! almost all the actulizacion hope for the GT-i9082L please!

64. liciviris123 8 months ago said:

Para cuando sale la actualizacion android 4.2 para samsung galaxy grand gt-i9080l, ya que llevo meses de estarla esperando y aun no ay noticias.

• DarkShinobu 8 months ago said:

Salio la 4.2.2 para brasil y pues queda que alguno la pruebe? siento q seria la misma para todos los demas q tenemos la variante L

65. DarkShinobu 8 months ago said:

On the Firmwares page theres a 4.2.2 for the I9082L that was released on Brasil, can this one works on all the other L variants from the other Latin countries? has anyone tried it?

66. DarkShinobu 8 months ago said:

Si alguien aun lee esto, la version 4.2.2 de TIM que salio para brasil es compatible con todas las demas versiones i9082L, lo instale en el mio, y aparte de aplicaciones de TIM, y una q otra imagen de ellos, el telefono funciona igual, funciona con mi linea en mi pais (Costa Rica) y trae idioma español, etc…no tengo quejas, funciona de lo mejor por los momentos

67. hasan0007 8 months ago said:

how can i downlod it ?

68. DarkShinobu 8 months ago said:

If anyone still reads this post, lol, there is another I9082L firmware released, country saids “unknown” the Brazil TIM one works but it kinda hangs the device, making it heavy in performance and in memory usage, im trying to download this new one, but is going amazingly slow

69. kasmal 8 months ago said:
  70. kasmal 8 months ago said:
  71. latido44 8 months ago said:

hello admin..

pls remove all files your from terafile.co.. I try to download 4.2.2 firmwire for grand duos.. but I a little confuse with the link given.. I suggest you add the files to google drive/goo.im/or with premium accout to access..