Rumor: Samsung may skip Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy Note II, Galaxy S III for Android 4.3

Take this with a big pinch of salt but according to a new rumor, Samsung won’t release the Android 4.2.2 update for the Galaxy Note II or the Galaxy S III. This information comes from a site called Temefy and they claim the reason for skipping it is that Samsung is also working on Android 4.3. Another reason could the release timeframe which the site says could be around November this year and if true, makes sense for Samsung to release Android 4.3 instead of Android 4.2.2.

Thanks to our insiders, we’ve got an inside look at the Android 4.2.2 for the Galaxy S III but there’s no leak of a test build of the latest Android OS for the Galaxy Note II.

source
via

Phones 69

xenixas
2 years 13 days ago

fuck it, I’ll buy HTC one :D

dongocthuong
2 years 14 days ago

when new updates ? 1 month, 2 month, 5 month or 1/2014 ? distrust with samsung ……. haizzzzzz

PERNG1010
2 years 14 days ago

when this 20may samsung update s3 to 4.2.2,i very happy..cos i thing next update is note2,but to now….note2 oso until 4.1.2,i will never support sumsung agian,wait 2month oso dont have new update

erteded
2 years 14 days ago

no vuelvo a comprar samsung

realpark
2 years 14 days ago

November? :O

leio
2 years 14 days ago

Hahaha! Market strategies! The more you wait… The more Samsung delay. ..

It’s a pre ads marketing

apocalypse83
2 years 14 days ago

Cant wait any longer…pls samsung :(

dongocthuong
2 years 14 days ago

wait too long -> disappointment. I will sell Gs3 and buy the Nokia Lumia…..!

ojocojo83
2 years 14 days ago

The latest updates are very, very bad we already update 4.2 that are millions of us hope this update and as I thought about buying many future s5 note3 etc …. In December I bought the note 2 and samsung lords decis me that I have to wait least October or November to upgrade my phone??? Are you out of your mind??!! I’ve bought the s2 s3 and note 2 and I think that will be the last samsung as you realize what you do. You guys are making fun of 50 million people and that sooner or later you will pay …. For both mobile to get us to buy when at 6 months after buying from us you pass ….. What is your grave …. If your mobile costasen 100 euros you could do it like that but paying what we paid for them does not seem right

gameofdeath
2 years 14 days ago

I think I’ll pass ‘to apple … are more’ precise in releasing updates. and ‘true that is out of the s4 but who and’ in possession of s3 that be done? throw it … I do not like politics samsung and that’s why I decided to switch to Apple
sorry for the translation into English! ….

fer_champions
2 years 15 days ago

the s4 mini have already 4.2.2, ace 3 and grand duos too…. are mobiles worse than s3 and note 2…. I can’t believe that samsung delays more this firmware… It’s incredible and it’s possible that I don’t buy anymore a samsung smartphone… I’m annoyed about it!

Phoenix2
2 years 15 days ago

All these comments from people whining about how they’ll never buy “Shamesung” every again irritates me. Maybe its because I have old Samsung devices that I have this viewpoint. You know, the Galaxy S era. When some devices weren’t even updated at all. Or they received one update before being dropped. Sammobile is a site dedicated to providing you news about the latest Samsung devices and news. Its NOT a site where you can endlessly whine about how “little support” you’re getting. Imagine how many changes they have to make to just one device’s firmware for localisation, features, performance and so many other things. Yes, they screw up. Yes, they’re slow at doing it. But try pushing an almost flawless update to over 20 million devices in the world- guesstimating the number of just S3s and Note 2s- and its easy to see what demand they have to meet.

opethianskies
2 years 13 days ago

Ok it sucks to be true but… we are talking about the flagship devices… Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II, they are you know high -end devices… but samsung really cares about the sales right at the moment… and they postpone the updates… because these devices are old… They must care about their new devices, S IV, Grand etc… And Sure MONEY…

lukpol7
2 years 15 days ago

I think this is a wine that Samsung releases a lot of calls looking for google nexus release only and the guards Apple also releases a single model, and Samsung has them too much and I am not sure what to focus on too large a variety of processors and other versions of the processor. He is waiting for what will happen but now I can say that there warzne or buy a weak model is very powerful not sure what to upgrade

yong_ys
2 years 15 days ago

I would rather wait for 4.3 if the bluetooth bug is still unresolved, I tried official leaked 4.2.2, it always drop pairing with my Sony MN2 Smart Watch. Now, I am back to 4.1.2, it’s very smooth and stable, somemore it has the 3d gallery view which is the most I like but was missing in 4.2. I am owning S3 from its lanching, received 3 major firmware updates ( 4.0.4 -> 4.1.1 -> 4.1.2 ) and several minor updates within a year. Compared to HTC One S, it’s officially stopped from any firmware support since last month.

kavalier
2 years 15 days ago

Why buy a Note 3 on release day when Samsung will release 5 more versions of it 1-2 months later? I’ll wait for the Note 3 active + 64GB memory built in + coin dispenser + ZOOM + super pooper LTE + aluminum blue shell.
I forgot to mention the flexible screen with 4K resolution- lol!

C’mon Samsung! 30 versions of a phone is stupid marketing.

kavalier
2 years 15 days ago

C’mon Samsung! 30 versions of a phone is stupid marketing.

gtone339
2 years 15 days ago

The question is when will we be able to update our Note 2/GS3 to 4.3 Jellybean?

patron miguel angel

Sr samsung

should once and for all put pure jelly bean android without touchwizz in note 2 because it is a half phablet phone and tablet and android tablet are pure. when you leave android 4.3 android 5.0 and reaches the samsung note 2 again will be behind on your updates.
I have the note 2

AdL2012
2 years 15 days ago

if 4.2 or 4.3 comes again with that fucking contacts and phone lag when i buy my first phone after S3(actually) that phone will not to be a samsung phone

sorry samy but we dont are your donkeys

AdL2012
2 years 15 days ago

sory samy but we are not your donkeys***

Franz54
2 years 15 days ago

Hello Why Samsung would have worked on Jelly Bean 4.2.2 for the Galaxy SIII if it is for move to 4.3 see 5.0 at year end???

Deliximus
2 years 15 days ago

Casue we might not get 5.0?

jameszah
2 years 15 days ago

I am a proud owner of Samsung Note 2 and note 10.1. I am eagerly waiting for samsung Android updates, but I can wait (because my devices are super) as long as I have the latest Android 4.3 or Android 5, with the new features of Galaxy S4. (some of them at least). Some features I really wish for is the SD card application move, the multiple user login the camera 360 sphere the recent new camera features plus the smooth and fast UI. I can wait!!!

SILELICA
2 years 15 days ago

Io tengo instalado la version leaked de android 4.2.2 XXUFMB7,en mi galaxy s3,desde ace un mes,y me funcciona de maravilla el movil. No se porque os quejais que la compania samsung no actualiza todavia este smarphone a la ultima version de android,tengais paciencia,y si qureis android 4.2.2 para veuestros s3,instalais este software cual los he escribido io mas aiba.Buscarlos en la pagina web de Sammobile.com o en Google y sigais las instrucciones de instalacion.Os deseo suerte.

lnegrol
2 years 15 days ago

De maravilla? Jajajaj Tiene bastantes bugs y programas incompletos. Por ejemplo, prueba hacer una foto panor├ímica…

lnegrol
2 years 15 days ago

Te recomiendo que instales la actualizaci├│n que lanzaron ayer. Resuelve el problema de sobrecalentamiento.

ojocojo83
2 years 14 days ago

PENOSO SAMSUNGGG TENGO EL NOTR 2 Y LAS ULTIKAS ACTUALIZACIONES VAN COMO EL PUTO CULOOOO el proximo el iphone que ellos no hacen distinciones y sacan las actualizaciones para todos los iphone y no solo para el iphone 5

bharatsai
2 years 15 days ago

waste samsung taking too much time for updates timeup samsung

bharatsai
2 years 15 days ago

too much late for update for s3 (first quadcore phone samsung)

Bunglebp
2 years 15 days ago

I for once cant wait for 4.2.2 or 4.3 for the Note2 as I have seen 4.2.2 for the s3 and it has better screen clarrity and colors, looks soo much better than before :)

averymlewis
2 years 15 days ago

The Next Big Thing is on the way ;-)