Rumor: Samsung may skip Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy Note II, Galaxy S III for Android 4.3

Take this with a big pinch of salt but according to a new rumor, Samsung won’t release the Android 4.2.2 update for the Galaxy Note II or the Galaxy S III. This information comes from a site called Temefy and they claim the reason for skipping it is that Samsung is also working on Android 4.3. Another reason could the release timeframe which the site says could be around November this year and if true, makes sense for Samsung to release Android 4.3 instead of Android 4.2.2.

Thanks to our insiders, we’ve got an inside look at the Android 4.2.2 for the Galaxy S III but there’s no leak of a test build of the latest Android OS for the Galaxy Note II.

source
via

Phones 67

dongocthuong
2 years 1 month ago

when new updates ? 1 month, 2 month, 5 month or 1/2014 ? distrust with samsung ……. haizzzzzz

PERNG1010
2 years 1 month ago

when this 20may samsung update s3 to 4.2.2,i very happy..cos i thing next update is note2,but to now….note2 oso until 4.1.2,i will never support sumsung agian,wait 2month oso dont have new update

erteded
2 years 1 month ago

no vuelvo a comprar samsung

realpark

November? :O

leio
2 years 1 month ago

Hahaha! Market strategies! The more you wait… The more Samsung delay. ..

It’s a pre ads marketing

apocalypse83
2 years 1 month ago

Cant wait any longer…pls samsung :(

dongocthuong
2 years 1 month ago

wait too long -> disappointment. I will sell Gs3 and buy the Nokia Lumia…..!

ojocojo83
2 years 1 month ago

The latest updates are very, very bad we already update 4.2 that are millions of us hope this update and as I thought about buying many future s5 note3 etc …. In December I bought the note 2 and samsung lords decis me that I have to wait least October or November to upgrade my phone??? Are you out of your mind??!! I’ve bought the s2 s3 and note 2 and I think that will be the last samsung as you realize what you do. You guys are making fun of 50 million people and that sooner or later you will pay …. For both mobile to get us to buy when at 6 months after buying from us you pass ….. What is your grave …. If your mobile costasen 100 euros you could do it like that but paying what we paid for them does not seem right

gameofdeath
2 years 1 month ago

I think I’ll pass ‘to apple … are more’ precise in releasing updates. and ‘true that is out of the s4 but who and’ in possession of s3 that be done? throw it … I do not like politics samsung and that’s why I decided to switch to Apple
sorry for the translation into English! ….

fer_champions
2 years 1 month ago

the s4 mini have already 4.2.2, ace 3 and grand duos too…. are mobiles worse than s3 and note 2…. I can’t believe that samsung delays more this firmware… It’s incredible and it’s possible that I don’t buy anymore a samsung smartphone… I’m annoyed about it!

Phoenix2
2 years 1 month ago

All these comments from people whining about how they’ll never buy “Shamesung” every again irritates me. Maybe its because I have old Samsung devices that I have this viewpoint. You know, the Galaxy S era. When some devices weren’t even updated at all. Or they received one update before being dropped. Sammobile is a site dedicated to providing you news about the latest Samsung devices and news. Its NOT a site where you can endlessly whine about how “little support” you’re getting. Imagine how many changes they have to make to just one device’s firmware for localisation, features, performance and so many other things. Yes, they screw up. Yes, they’re slow at doing it. But try pushing an almost flawless update to over 20 million devices in the world- guesstimating the number of just S3s and Note 2s- and its easy to see what demand they have to meet.

opethianskies
2 years 1 month ago

Ok it sucks to be true but… we are talking about the flagship devices… Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II, they are you know high -end devices… but samsung really cares about the sales right at the moment… and they postpone the updates… because these devices are old… They must care about their new devices, S IV, Grand etc… And Sure MONEY…

lukpol7
2 years 1 month ago

I think this is a wine that Samsung releases a lot of calls looking for google nexus release only and the guards Apple also releases a single model, and Samsung has them too much and I am not sure what to focus on too large a variety of processors and other versions of the processor. He is waiting for what will happen but now I can say that there warzne or buy a weak model is very powerful not sure what to upgrade

yong_ys
2 years 1 month ago

I would rather wait for 4.3 if the bluetooth bug is still unresolved, I tried official leaked 4.2.2, it always drop pairing with my Sony MN2 Smart Watch. Now, I am back to 4.1.2, it’s very smooth and stable, somemore it has the 3d gallery view which is the most I like but was missing in 4.2. I am owning S3 from its lanching, received 3 major firmware updates ( 4.0.4 -> 4.1.1 -> 4.1.2 ) and several minor updates within a year. Compared to HTC One S, it’s officially stopped from any firmware support since last month.

kavalier
2 years 1 month ago

Why buy a Note 3 on release day when Samsung will release 5 more versions of it 1-2 months later? I’ll wait for the Note 3 active + 64GB memory built in + coin dispenser + ZOOM + super pooper LTE + aluminum blue shell.
I forgot to mention the flexible screen with 4K resolution- lol!

C’mon Samsung! 30 versions of a phone is stupid marketing.

kavalier
2 years 1 month ago

C’mon Samsung! 30 versions of a phone is stupid marketing.

gtone339
2 years 1 month ago

The question is when will we be able to update our Note 2/GS3 to 4.3 Jellybean?

patron miguel angel

Sr samsung

should once and for all put pure jelly bean android without touchwizz in note 2 because it is a half phablet phone and tablet and android tablet are pure. when you leave android 4.3 android 5.0 and reaches the samsung note 2 again will be behind on your updates.
I have the note 2

Franz54
2 years 1 month ago

Hello Why Samsung would have worked on Jelly Bean 4.2.2 for the Galaxy SIII if it is for move to 4.3 see 5.0 at year end???

Deliximus
2 years 1 month ago

Casue we might not get 5.0?

jameszah
2 years 1 month ago

I am a proud owner of Samsung Note 2 and note 10.1. I am eagerly waiting for samsung Android updates, but I can wait (because my devices are super) as long as I have the latest Android 4.3 or Android 5, with the new features of Galaxy S4. (some of them at least). Some features I really wish for is the SD card application move, the multiple user login the camera 360 sphere the recent new camera features plus the smooth and fast UI. I can wait!!!

SILELICA
2 years 1 month ago

Io tengo instalado la version leaked de android 4.2.2 XXUFMB7,en mi galaxy s3,desde ace un mes,y me funcciona de maravilla el movil. No se porque os quejais que la compania samsung no actualiza todavia este smarphone a la ultima version de android,tengais paciencia,y si qureis android 4.2.2 para veuestros s3,instalais este software cual los he escribido io mas aiba.Buscarlos en la pagina web de Sammobile.com o en Google y sigais las instrucciones de instalacion.Os deseo suerte.

lnegrol
2 years 1 month ago

De maravilla? Jajajaj Tiene bastantes bugs y programas incompletos. Por ejemplo, prueba hacer una foto panor├ímica…

lnegrol
2 years 1 month ago

Te recomiendo que instales la actualizaci├│n que lanzaron ayer. Resuelve el problema de sobrecalentamiento.

ojocojo83
2 years 1 month ago

PENOSO SAMSUNGGG TENGO EL NOTR 2 Y LAS ULTIKAS ACTUALIZACIONES VAN COMO EL PUTO CULOOOO el proximo el iphone que ellos no hacen distinciones y sacan las actualizaciones para todos los iphone y no solo para el iphone 5

bharatsai
2 years 1 month ago

waste samsung taking too much time for updates timeup samsung

bharatsai
2 years 1 month ago

too much late for update for s3 (first quadcore phone samsung)

Bunglebp
2 years 1 month ago

I for once cant wait for 4.2.2 or 4.3 for the Note2 as I have seen 4.2.2 for the s3 and it has better screen clarrity and colors, looks soo much better than before :)

averymlewis
2 years 1 month ago

The Next Big Thing is on the way ;-)

Vlad2803
2 years 1 month ago

How about Samsung Galaxy S II?

-McClane-

The Galaxy S II get only Android 4.2.2
This is the last Update for the S II.
Android 4.3 doesn’t come to this Phone.
I think, it is ok for a Phone, who is round about 2,5 Years old…

YOSEFE
2 years 1 month ago

I am already looking at an Acer Liquid Duo phone from Expansys. It already has Jelly Bean 4.2.2.

Samsung are so irritatingly disrespectful to their customers, and all the rumors from here and there are not helping these days at all.

Deliximus
2 years 1 month ago

taking longer to go from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 is ‘not respectfully’. oh please. I can find a laundry list of manufacturers that have yet to upgrade. You can comparing a NEW device to a year-old device for updates? It’s a good idea to check Acer’s (or anybody’s record) for updates before making such a comparison. I guarantee you that Samsung’s update record destroys everybody else’ – not just the flagship but down to the midrange as well.

YOSEFE
2 years 1 month ago

How much longer has one got to wait? Acer have 4.2.2 on a device much cheaper than Samsung’s Note II and S3 lte.