Galaxy S3 sudden death to be fixed by firmware update

Samsung Benelux reported to that Samsung is busy to fix the ”sudden death” problem of the Galaxy S III. Many Galaxy S III devices stopped working because of a firmware bug. Samsung says they want to bring an update as soon as possible. Samsung even reported to tweakers about the HMTL code to reset Galaxy S III devices. This way is no longer possible.

Since begin December Samsung started to update the Galaxy S III to Android 4.1.2. The Galaxy S III is Samsung’s best selling Android device ever. Samsung sold over 30 million Galaxy S III devices. The next Galaxy S, Galaxy S IV is expected for the first half of 2013.

source (translated)

Firmware news 51

[…] Right now, it’s being said that the bootloader update contains a fix to the dreaded Sudden Death bug that many GSIIIs have been plagued […]

[…] believe that the new system update also fixes the sudden death issue as the new firmware ships with brand new bootloaders and this is the first time Samsung has […]

[…] Galaxy S3 sudden death to be fixed by firmware update | SamMobile […]

2 years 1 month ago

i purchased an S3 in february, the phone lasted me 8 months and then today i had the sudden death happen to my phone, and it was completely updated… so much for that fix eh? waiting on a replacement phone… I didn’t even bother with trying to get it fixed.

2 years 6 months ago

it happened with me in Iraq and the company didn’t help me and told that problem from me and they want 250 $ to solve it

[...] Right now, it’s being said that the bootloader update contains a fix to the dreaded Sudden Death bug that many GSIIIs have been plagued [...]

2 years 8 months ago

When DBT will get updates of eliminating sudden death?

2 years 9 months ago

WORST SERVICE EVER!!!! NEVER BUY A SAMSUNG PHONE!!!!!, my phone (samsung galaxy s3) presented sudden death because of the cheapy motherboard in samsungs phone and now samsung doesn’t take responsible of the repair of my phone. i would never buy a samsung phone or anything made by samsung. i was a faithfull samsung costumer i have a samsung smart tv, samsung refigerator, 2 samsung galaxys s3, a samsung air conditioner my wife has another samsung s3. I WOULD NEVER BUY another samsung piece of crap. they said that their products have a warranty but they not have anything.

2 years 8 months ago

Too bad you had that crappy experience. I still thing that if you send a letter of complaint like your post to Samsung, there must be something they can consider in order to keep you as customer.

2 years 9 months ago

Mine died yesterday. Had my SIII 6 months ago. I took it to Samsung repair dealer. As soon I get an answer I’ll share it with you.

Until now I’m satisfied with the 1800 and dealer service.

2 years 8 months ago

After 1 week I received my Samsung S3 repaired at no cost. They replaced the motherboard.

However a friend of mine had the same problem and Samsung didn’t accept his reclaim because it had dust on the usb port. WTF??!

Although I am happy with my case, I just feel lucky and not sure about Samsung customer service.

2 years 10 months ago

i had that stupid sudden death and now i have to wait 15 days to know when they will be able to fix it ….. very very very annoying .. didn’t expect that form samsung or s3 they should change the mobile not trying to fix it samsung Egypt is suck

I am from Malaysia.
My S3 suffered sudden death last night while charging.
Will go to the dealer this morning.

2 years 10 months ago

I’m still waiting for an answer from those in connexion with samsung out there

2 years 10 months ago

1. once and for all, can anyone tell us what does XELLA really fix? exynos vulnerability? sudden death ? both?
2. I’m runing XELLA right now, updated through kies. but when i run the exynos mem bug checker (installed from google play) it says the bug is present in my device???????

2 years 10 months ago

ive been using the Jellybean 4.1.2 leaked firmware for my SII since November (when it first came out), and to be honest.. there’s nothing wrong with it. Everything is buttery smooth.. and it’s a whole lot faster than before.. just go ahead and try it if you don’t want to wait for the official release.. =)

2 years 10 months ago

Today my S3 16gb is death ! really 180 days from when I buy it (09/06/2012) !!!
It’s incredible !!
So What I can do now ?
I’m from Italy ?
Samsung change or repair the device ?
And if they repair, how can they do it ? Which component they change ?

2 years 10 months ago

the I9300XXELLA fix the sudden death issue??

2 years 10 months ago

@ gwystil for dutch you have more locall app @ playstore.

2 years 10 months ago

Hi again! I must confess I’ve updated my SGS3 GT I9300 free with the UK firmware yesterday, very happy….now I’m using the I9300XXELLA in my device, very sweet, very fluid and fast…very thanx Samsung, I will always be true to U! Best regards! :)

Iyenk Vines
2 years 10 months ago

Dont Cry about samfirmware… you can buy 2nd GALAXY S I9000 then upgrade to CM10.1 … I did it.. B-)

2 years 10 months ago

jelly bean for s2 will be released on or after the 15 january 2013.confirmed by samsung friend.they still polishing all just stay calm and wait it will be very smooth and fast.the test firmware still missing lots of features and there ar problems with battery logs and battery will drain very quickly.this is what i was told by my friend from samsung(software developer team)

2 years 10 months ago

My device died during Xmas. Day 2 when I woke up I wanted to check time in the morning but no response. No led, nothing. Tried all ‘reset-trics’ but no result. It’s at the repair centre at the moment. I’ll just have to wait and see what happens.

By the way, the metal bezel around the device had cracks on both sides. I am not talking about the corners, which have visible seams. Somewhere in the middle along the long side of the phone.

2 years 10 months ago

I can only come to one conclusion: the problem then it is software and not hardware … is it? because otherwise, how can a rom update, finish a problem this greatness?

2 years 10 months ago

Did they fixed the bug in the XXELLA 4.1.2?

2 years 10 months ago

I am using Serbian update of 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and everything works just fine until now…No problems, no ”deaths”, no sudden restarts of the phone, everything is just as it supposed to be. I hope it would stay that way…