Posted by Daniel van D. 2 years ago

Samsung to bring first flexible screen devices in 2013

Samsung-Flexible-Display

Samsung is ready to deliver flexible screens next year. This says the BBC, according to the BBC Samsung is ready to ship the first devices to the market in the first half of 2013. Samsung wants to take the lead with flexible screens. Samsung isn’t the only one who develop flexible screens. LG, Philips, Sharp, Sony and Nokia are all working on flexible displays, according to the report LG started with flexible e-ink displays and are mass producing them already. Samsung wanted to use their own tech OLED inside the new flexible displays, OLED is also the future of displays.

We cannot wait to see the first devices with a screen like this. We expect one of those at MWC is some kind of book form device where the screen is foldable. If you have any information about flexible screens please let us know.

via source

14 comments on “Samsung to bring first flexible screen devices in 2013

1. manuel1274 2 years ago said:

that’s a big idea no more broked phones when you got it in your pocket niceeeeee

2. DannyD 2 years ago said:

If you have questions why we deleted almost all comments in this message.
    Please send us a mail or thank the Galaxy S II community!

3. marc15 2 years ago said:

where should be thankful? nonsense ideas samsung

4. Tp` 2 years ago said:

assuming how the phone would look like when i will try to take it out of my pocket while sitting :P

5. Koike_S 2 years ago said:

Kinda childish for an official site to blame the Galaxy S II community don’t you think? They’re not the ones who deleted my post which said nothing wrong, you are.

In that post I was saying I don’t really see practical use of flexible screens, so I wonder how they’re going to use them.

If you feel the need to delete this comment as well because you can’t take criticism, please delete my account as well, as I could not find the option to do that myself.

6. pepitona 2 years ago said:

SGSIV with Flexible AMOLED Screen??? In Samsung We Trust

7. laf7a 2 years ago said:

does apple knows anything already but money?

8. DannyD 2 years ago said:

@Koike S…
    ”Kinda childish for an official site to blame the Galaxy S II community don’t you think?”

First, Kinda childish to spam whole sammobile about Galaxy S II firmware update ;)
    Second, we are not official Samsung do you see Samsung in our domain?

9. maxximuscool 2 years ago said:

Sammobile.com is not owned by Samsung or nor operate under Samsung umbrella.
    This site is where to come to read news about Samsung related products and it is a blogging site.

10. marc15 2 years ago said:

@Danny D

Childish your saying?? you’re not official samsung?? then why you delete other posts?? what is the reason behind deleting comments about our feelings/Opinion?? Samsung deserves to know this!…. SCARED? that someone will know how BAD Samsung really is? :D laugh!!! at you men!

11. vavrorvav 2 years ago said:

Good, blame sii community, even i am tired of them, they whine in every thread even though th thread is not about sgs2, hell even if its not about update, finaly some radical moves

12. vavrorvav 2 years ago said:

@ marc15 after reading your post im only “scared” how bad YOU are, if you think samsung is bad you obviously havent tried any other brand, you can try other brands on your own and see how you will be satisfied

13. Koike_S 2 years ago said:

@DannyD

Sorry I know you’re not an official Samsung site. What I meant to say is you are running a website so it’s not very professional to blame the Galaxy S II community for the disappearance of my comment.
    I agree it is very childish and annoying of them to spam your news articles with their complaints, but there was no reason for SamMobile to delete my post in which I did not say anything wrong in my opinion.

But I’ll stop annoying you with my posts here cause now I’m starting to be the one spamming. ;)

14. marc15 2 years ago said:

@ vavrorvav.

oh! I’m the bad person now?… i didn’t try any other brands of cellphone?… see for yourself buddy if you want… Maybe YOU don’t know how to search in forums. what people opinions and how selfish SAMSUNG REALLY IS… AND NOW were seeing SONY that is better than SAMSUNG SERVICE and how they care for their OLD Devices….