Samsung takes their own sweet time to update their mid-range Galaxy devices to Android 4.1.2 but thankfully, we’re here! Today we want to share the last test firmware based on Android 4.1.2 for the Galaxy Beam. There aren’t many interface differences but the device feels like reborn with faster performance and better battery life. We expect Samsung to release the official update around end next month (Samsung started the first test with Android 4.1.2 in March).
Below are a couple of screenshots of Android 4.1.2 for the Galaxy Beam.
This firmware is an official firmware leak from Samsung given by one of our insiders.
Big thanks to him!
Download the firmware here
– Unzip the file
– Open Odin 3.07 (already included in the firmware package)
– Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
– Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
– Add CODE_I8530XXAMF1_1053499_REV00_user_low_ship.tar to CODE
– Add CSC_OXA_I8530OXAAMF1_1053499_REV00_user_low_ship.tar to CSC
– Add GT-I8530_EUR_XX_8G to PIT
– Make sure re-partition is ticked
– Start flash, sit back and wait a few minutes.
– If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
– Boot into recovery mode (Home+ Power + Volume Up)
– Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
– Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!
– MAKE SURE TO BACK-UP EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU PROCEED!!!