Samsung Galaxy Note 6 rumored to arrive in July with Android N onboard

Samsung has traditionally released new Galaxy Note handsets at the IFA trade show in the fall but it has sort of become a tradition for the rumor mill to predict that this time around the flagship handset will arrive a bit earlier. This rumor is rehashed at the start of every year when the new Galaxy S series handsets are said to arrive earlier and then a few months later for the next Galaxy Note flagship. That’s precisely what the latest rumor from Korea predicts, it claims that the Galaxy Note 6 will be out in July this year with Android N onboard.

Android N is the next major update for Google’s mobile OS and even though a developer preview has been released the update hasn’t been officially announced yet. Google has already said that OEMs will receive access to Android N this summer so Samsung will have to work really fast to get the firmware ready for the Galaxy Note 6 if it wants to ship the new flagship with whatever Android N ends up being called, and given Samsung’s lack of pace when it comes to updates this seems highly unlikely.

Via

Phones 10

herpherpherp
2 months 6 days ago

Every year we get it! “S5 might come early” (doesn’t) “Note 4 might come early!” (doesn’t) “S6 might come early!!” (doesn’t) “Note 5 might come early!!” (doesn’t) “S7 might come early!!!” (doesn’t)

Boy who cried Wolf.
We’ll be discussing the Note 6 launch in Sept / Oct, as usual in 6 to 7 months people. Hopefully with USB-C (idiots!)

kavalier
2 months 7 days ago

I heard Android N will be called Nutsack.

eHoolie
2 months 7 days ago

Or… “Not upgradable”

Issyman
2 months 7 days ago

Still using Note 4, the best phone I’ve ever used, maybe time to upgrade, Note 6 in July would be great.

Preach2k
2 months 4 days ago

I agree the GNOTE 4 is the best phone I ever used. The GNOTE 5 did not make me want to give up my GNOTE 4, because my 4 was still better to me. If some of the rumors are true about THE GNOTE 6. I will purchase it on day one.

eHoolie
2 months 8 days ago

Doubt it very much. Samsung has to be well into development/production of the device I imagine in order to make the date. Though, I hope I’m wrong.

nezlobnyj
2 months 8 days ago

but if by some divine intervention it will be the case – I’m sold. won’t even wait for iPhone 7 or new Nexus.

perfectsolo
2 months 8 days ago

Whether Samsung is good it bad in releasing updates I cannot stop loving their devices. They’re really flagships unlike midranges Apple gives to people are the price of flagships.

rzlybb
2 months 8 days ago

Note 6, SD Card, Water resistant, IR and best camera… If not, bye bye Samsung.

alastairgreen_Nexus
2 months 7 days ago

Possible for S series and not for Note unless Wacom and Samsung will develop a solution that allows the S-Pen and its specialised screen to be waterproof