The Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge do not support Qualcomm QuickCharge 3.0

The Exynos-powered Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge were two of the first smartphones on the market to ship with Samsung’s equivalent of Qualcomm’s QuickCharge fast-charging technology on board. That’s why it comes as a huge surprise to learn that the company hasn’t adopted the latest version of QuickCharge for its latest duo, the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge. Instead, both handsets will feature the same second-generation technology that came as standard on last year’s flagships.

The reasoning behind this decision is unclear, but seeing as Samsung will be launching both an Exynos 8890 and a Snapdragon 820 variant of the devices, we believe that it has decided to stick with QuickCharge 2.0 to lessen the gap between the two models. After all, the Snapdragon 820 is one of the few chipsets on the market to feature compatibility for QuickCharge 3.0, whilst the in-house Exynos CPU only supports Samsung’s version of QuickCharge 2.0.

Via Source

Phones 15

o0MHJ0o
6 months 28 days ago

I don’t know, I think we’re becoming TOO impatient. I am happy that my S6 edge+ 3000mAh charges from 30% to 100% in little under an hour. It’s good it charges fast but it’s a bit harsh to complain that it doesn’t take half an hour. You got bigger batteries too in the S7 edge. And fast wireless charging! Which is true that it charges faster than standard charging. Can’t believe I used to wait 3.5 hours for my tablet to charge, it seems a ridiculously long time now. Lol
It’s not a worthy complaint.

troyboytn
6 months 28 days ago

So Quick Charge 3.0 will be included on the S8 along with an IR blaster and it will be “innovation”…

krakajap
6 months 28 days ago

That’s the only thing that bugs me. But they all do it, even Apple. They’ll include a feature that’s already been around for quite a while and either make it sound like they were the ones who pioneered it or that it is a must have feature (we already had). Samsung went a little overboard this time with the expandable storage. If they would have just put it back in and left it at that I would have been fine with it but they had to advertise the hell out of it instead. Every time I see it I think “har har, we took this away from you guys last year but now we’re giving it back… why?… because we’ve decided it’s simply amazeballs!”

tailgunner9
6 months 28 days ago

LG beat them. LG G5 does have USB 3.0 and charging with Type C plug, also removable battery.

sholex
6 months 28 days ago

Does anybody actually care? The atricle does not mention ANY advantage of 3.0, just says bigger is better…

nickmgray
6 months 28 days ago

Can you please tell me why my comment was not approved which stated that the 820 was not the first chip with Quick Charge 3.0, yet you changed the article based on my comment?

Nallaikumaran
6 months 28 days ago

Quick Charge 3.0 isn’t that much faster: Yes, we all want the latest and greatest technology, but Quick Charge 3.0 isn’t that much faster than Quick Charge 2.0. The main difference between the technologies comes down to power efficiency. Quick Charge 3.0 is more intelligent than its older counterpart and is able to dynamically adjust power output and deliver the exactly amount of energy that’s needed by the battery at all times. This means your electric bill will be slightly lower or you might be able to get a little more juice out of Quick Charge 3.0 power bank.

harinsheth

YOU ARE COMPLETELY WRONG

QUICK CHARGE 2.0 = 50 % CHARGE IN 30 MIN.

3.0 = 83/87 % CHARGE IN 30 MIN.

( I CANT REMEMBER EXACTLY…AND YA NOTE 4 HAD 2.0 )

eHoolie

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?!!

harinsheth
6 months 28 days ago

I ALWAYS YELL LIKE HELL AT SAMMOBILE .. BECAUSE ITS MY PROFILE MY BROWSER MY INTERNET MY RULES !

harinsheth
6 months 28 days ago

So LG and others win this side…but i hope that note 6 will get this 3.0 so all other companies just blow off

LeifS
6 months 28 days ago

On the other side the S7 supports wireless fast charging.

sammay69
6 months 28 days ago

Why just not give all models 820 the duckling is the deal with two different CPUs

harinsheth
6 months 28 days ago

All started with overheating issue of 810…so sammy started to make own processors and found that better or eqaul to snapdragon..and it should be much cheaper for sammy to add exynos instead of snap.

ntinos2014
6 months 28 days ago

It was only expected. Nothing to cry about though. QuickCharge 2.0 function is still awesome. iPhone users still dont have a clue what quickcharging means so let it be… feeeeeeeeeeeeeeta.