Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge point of sale banners arriving in stores

With the official announcement of the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge in less than two days, carriers and retailers around the world are no doubt working around the clock, making final preparations on putting the two devices up front and center to court consumers. We have received a tip that carriers in the UK are readying POS (point of sale) banners for the S7 and S7 edge – the image below comes from carrier Three in the UK, and we’re told EE has received the banner as well.

Our tipster says Samsung isn’t being as secretive as it usually is with phone launches, and that might just be in the company’s interests. After all, while the 2015 Galaxy S flagships brought many improvements, they also alienated quite a few die-hard Samsung smartphone users thanks to decisions some might call downright cruel. The Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge are all about course correction, and a little word of mouth (alright, a lot of word of mouth) is only going to garner more attention towards the handsets.

Speaking of Three UK, it seems the carrier will be offering the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge “3 days early” for those who pre-order. That would be March 8, if the oft-cited March 11 release date for Europe (and the US) turns out to be accurate. Pre-orders should go live on the same day as the announcement, which is February 21.

galaxy-s7-edge-s7-pos-bannerThanks, Anonymous!

Phones

bgsky
9 months 19 days ago

Seems to me that S7 will be the next new – same phone.

wlado.walko@gmail.com
9 months 19 days ago
Crobo
9 months 20 days ago

Lujki didn’t said that the G5 is better than de S7 you freakin fanboys. He just said that the upgrade isnt worth for him.

For me the s6 and s7 are looking to identical. Almost like a iphone 6 and 6s upgrade (mostly the hardware inside changed). For a lot of people that is fine, but not for me, and i guess not for Lujki eather.

When the phones get released I will check them in the stores first before i make a decision.

Btw i’m a Galaxy s6 user, but the G5 got my attention for now. That is mostly because i like the skin of the software. I miss my days with the LG G2.

Eclectified
9 months 20 days ago

Sides of the edge appear to have lost the crease/sharpness from last gen. Should have a nicer feel in hand.

lujki
9 months 21 days ago

Hmm… Not sure how many people will buy this. I, with the S6, see more reason to upgrade to G5 than S7 at this point as S7 wouldn’t be worth the upgrade.
It seems a bit that this is somewhat like S4, which, personally, disappointed me after the S3.
Although people always criticized gimmicks, I always found Samsung’s cool. (And yet bought S6 with basically none.) I hope Samsung’s hiding something.

deardevil
9 months 21 days ago

just out of curiosity ,can you tell me why the G5 is better then the S7??? because at this point we know the same from both brands and its noting innovative if you compare one and another,with the Samsung as always the better camera.

hot_spare
9 months 21 days ago

I would like to know what exactly G5 has that is not available in other (upcoming) mobiles in 2016? G5 looks hideous and still uses the antique LCD displays.

n900mixalot
9 months 20 days ago

G5 and video and sound capabilities will be the best out of all phones. But other than that, probably not much. Samsung still has better all around flagships.

gtone339
9 months 20 days ago

LG G5 has a removable battery even though it now has a metallic build.

j2001m
9 months 20 days ago

Sorry but the removing battery is very big and as the lg end of the phone on it, it’s way better to just buy Samsung wireless battery case as you also be buying a case for your G5 now it’s all metal as you damage way faster than the s7 (I have no makes at all on my s6 edge plus)