Galaxy S7 could tout a dual-camera setup

Over the past week or so there has been a sudden influx of reports and rumors related to the Galaxy S7, and it kind of does make sense because Samsung is done with the Galaxy Note 5 and the Galaxy S6 edge+, the rumor mill can only focus on next year’s flagship handsets now and that’s precisely what it’s doing. It was reported recently that Samsung is the first OEM to conduct intensive testing on the Snapdragon 820 and it’s believed that the company will offer two variants of the Galaxy S7, one with the Qualcomm processor and the other with its own Exynos 8890 chipset. We exclusively confirmed some early details about the Galaxy S7 as well, including the fact that it’s referred to as Project Lucky internally since the number 7 is universally regarded as a lucky number.

A new report out of Korea claims that the Galaxy S7 could come with a dual-camera setup, this isn’t really a new concept because HTC tried to push a dual-camera setup with the HTC One M8 but it didn’t really do wonders for sales of the company’s flagship device. Perhaps Samsung believes that it has cracked the proverbial code and can do a much better implementation of dual-camera technology on the Galaxy S7. It’s also claimed in the report that the Galaxy S7 is going to have a 5.7-inch display, a big bump up from the 5.1-inch display on the existing flagship, the possibility has been reiterated by a previous report as well.

Do bear in mind that it’s still very early days and nothing can be said for sure at this point in time, take all of these rumors and reports with a grain of salt for now because we still have a long way to go before Samsung has to show off its new flagship handsets, which if this report is to be believed might happen a bit earlier than anticipated, around February 2016.

Source

Phones 14

taheromar
9 months 18 days ago

5.7 inch??????
What in all fucks Samsung, if true!

tim54
9 months 18 days ago

I only have two gripes about the S6 really, the battery issue, and my main complaint for all phones is the blasted reflective displays! I don’t want to be looking at my reflection when using the phone, I want to see what’s on the bloody screen!! Please make the screens non reflective Samsung! I’ve had every S since S2,hanging for the S7! Exciting times ahead, especially when battery technology catches up with processing power!

HeatNation
9 months 19 days ago

I was all on the “no SD card=no buy” train a few weeks ago. But once I pulled the trigger and traded in my Note 4 for a Note 5 I couldn’t care less about a SD card or removable battery. This phone is on a whole different level than previous Samsung devices. The performance of the Note 5 is FAR superior. Battery life is Better than the Note 4 and Samsung pay literally works anywhere. I figure people have 2 options, sit back and complain about the direction that modern tech is obviously headed and get left behind. Or embrace the change and move forward with this awesome tech that’s available right now.

sammay69
9 months 19 days ago

If the s7 is 5.7 Samsung fucked up the S and Note. S series should be 5.1 and note 5.7 what the meaning of note almost if the s series is the same size only the spend?

adolf88
9 months 19 days ago

If S7 comes with at least 5.5” screen , sd slot AND removable battery (so I can later switch default junk battery to ZeroLemon) I will consider it over my current Note2+Zerolemon 9300mAh battery.

If not = forget it.

colliderz
9 months 19 days ago

No microsd no sale. Samsung should really start listening to their customers. S7 will be a bigger disaster than s6 if the key features are removed in favor of looks.

q8peace
9 months 19 days ago

okay i was a guy who think like you before but i changed my mind recently cause
what if someone steal your sd card ? are sd card well encrypted that when someone steal it and hooked to pc by usb converter and access to your private picture videos documents without password inserted in pc or finger-print authorized access / ofcourse Samsung have reasons to it 1- enhance there sells 2- slow down device with outdated class 10 speed 3-not secure .

mcbrain
9 months 19 days ago

Personally I have no problem with the current solution chosen by Samsung, my only problem is that they tell us “what is best for us”. Why not offer both alternatives as they can and each choose which solution suits? Because Samsung does not have commercial interest to provide both alternatives and they want everyone to adapt even if it means more money spent by us, but more money they earn, and their business partners.

NextBigThing
9 months 19 days ago

Samsung keeps dumping new devices with focus on profitability, and not creativity.
Unfortunately no motive to buy even S9.

Tondern
9 months 20 days ago

I was one mouseclick away from ordering the S6 Edge plus when I read the first reports of a 5.7″ screen on the S7. I’m going to hold on to my money until the spring, while keeping my hopes up that they’ll reimplement some of the things they left out this year. 2015 has really been the year of compromises.

dwin89
9 months 20 days ago

If S7 have a 5.7″ display meaning Note 6 should be higher than 5.7″?

fay99
9 months 20 days ago

I hope Samsung will officially port all the camera features from note 5 to the S6 first, or fewer and fewer people will care about anything of the S7. Whoever stupid creature from Samsung made the decision to keep useful features only in the latest flagship should be fired

thegeneral2010
9 months 19 days ago

ure making me laugh ( note 4 owner here).

sunny1011
9 months 19 days ago

Ya suffering from the same pain…. some times I even doubt that the NOTE 4 even belong to Samsung or is it a disowned “SMARTPHONE ” from some anonymous Unknown brand??¿¿¿

Join the premium experience - get 25% discount* Join the premium experience - get 25% discount* X