Galaxy A8 pictures leaked

We reported back in March that Samsung had filed for trademarks on the Galaxy A6, Galaxy A8 and Galaxy A9, reiterating our belief that the company is going to take its Galaxy A series forward with new models. We later reportedly exclusively on the specifications of the Galaxy A8 (SM-A800F) which was initially believed to be a China-only handset but is now expected to be launched in various markets across Europe and Asia. Today the very first pictures of the Galaxy A8 have been leaked online showing us that this handset may have the same metal frame as the Galaxy S6, which makes the upcoming addition to the Galaxy A lineup look like a completely different device.

Specifications accompany the pictures, the Galaxy A8 is said to be powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor with 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage with microSD card slot, a 5.7-inch Super AMOLED 1920×1020 pixel resolution display, 16-megapixel rear and 5-megapixel front camera, fingerprint reader in the home button, 4G LTE support and a 3,050mAh battery. It will run Android 5.1.1 straight out of the box.

No information about pricing and availability has come up until now and Samsung has not yet revealed when it plans on launching the Galaxy A8 which is certainly shaping up to be its most feature-packed mid-range smartphone to date.

galaxy-a8-leaked-1

galaxy-a8-leaked-2

galaxy-a8-leaked-3

galaxy-a8-leaked-4

galaxy-a8-leaked-5

galaxy-a8-leaked-6

Source

Phones 13

vbx
1 year 3 months ago

I have the A7. Phone is too big. No fingerprint reader, no heartrate monitor. Why can’t Samsung make

Has SD card! Has custom themes (3) so far.

the A3 or A5 with better specs? If the A3 has a better screen, more rams, fingerprint scanner, heart rate monitor, etc etc. Fully LOADED. I would pay $$$$ for the perfect size phone.

The A7 is already too big. Why A8?

Why not just bring back the Galaxy Tab 7.7? That was an AWESOME tablet.

thegeneral2010
1 year 3 months ago

mmmmm where is the menu key????

thegeneral2010
1 year 3 months ago

nice looks like we are gonna see the new touchwiz in note 4 after 5.1.1 update.

sanayp

No you won’t.

This has software pre installed

Existing devices will have same touchwiz

Android M you will get new one

johnyjackson
1 year 3 months ago

Numbering is too confusing!
But metal frame is good.

ProdByEchelon
1 year 3 months ago

Wow this is actually quite nice!

dsixsicsix

Where is the home menu?

NoteLove
1 year 3 months ago

So they make a cheap device to look like premium device (S6) these as well as lack of updates once Samsung gets your money is a reason I might switch back to Apple.

Don’t get me wrong updates don’t mean to much to me as some are designed to make your phones obsolete disappearing toggles no quick fix Android Lolipop late on my Note 4 and M likely to take months to arrive on my S6/N4 is making me nervous. I want M for its all round finger print based software. Then I don’t care about the other software updates as long as M is stable. Likely to get M in 2016 which is a joke.

No don’t Samsung will change their update policŷ in the future and make a big deal of it. That could be way to late do.

Leaving customers for the “next best thing” once they get your money is so true. Aplle on the other hand….

steve.rand
1 year 3 months ago

So true. I have the Note 2 still, and in Australia, Samsung still have not released an update beyond 4.3.

sanayp

2016 IS NOT A JOKE AS GOOGLE ARE RELEASING ANDROID M IN OCTOBER THIS YEAR

johnyjackson
1 year 3 months ago

Delete your account for real Note lover.

NoteLove
1 year 3 months ago

Why? Samsung need to change, know point trying to to be Apple then prolong updates due to a plethora of phones. Hardware wise Samsung is exceptional. Software updates and customer support needs work. Big work.

I’ll be waiting for your explanation

johnyjackson

Ok.
I misunderstood your comment.
I thought you have already ditched Note.
Just ignore this comment.
I am just tired of update comment here.

You know, Samsung cannot control android fully.
I think Samsung’s os update is not slower than any other oems.
If you and other people really want faster update, you can go to other brands.
So don’t expect impossible thing.
Your Note is already excellent without useless os update.