Galaxy S6 Edge now pictured alongside Galaxy S6, shows a different Edge screen approach

We got a pretty clear look at the Galaxy S6 in a leak a few hours ago, and it seems the leakster isn’t done ruining the game for Samsung. New images have now showed up, and these show us the Galaxy S6 Edge in the flesh for the first time. Right off the bat, it’s clear to see that the Edge displays on the S6 Edge aren’t working separately from the main display, unlike what we have on the Galaxy Note Edge.

This hints at a different approach to how the Edge displays will be used. These displays will possibly work separately when needed, like showing notifications when the device is locked with the screen off (a feature we talked in our exclusive report that confirmed the dual-edge nature of the S6 Edge). At other times, the Edge displays will probably show the same content as the main display – whatever the case may be, the pictures suggests that what people were expecting might not be what Samsung is planning on delivering with the Galaxy S6 Edge.

These new pictures also confirm that the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge will look pretty good, even though the overall design is still similar to existing Galaxy S devices. Check out the images below, and let us know what you think!

Samsung_Galaxy_S6_ATT_Leak-11

Samsung_Galaxy_S6_ATT_Leak-12

Source (2)

Phones 34

gmoney
1 year 4 months ago

Personally having the S2,S3,Note3, and now the S5..they are taking a step backwards by not using a micro SD card slot. The non removable battery isn’t a huge deal(wished it was bigger though,with the screen resolution,i see that being a problem)..nor is water resistance(although it gives a huge piece of mind). That to me is the BIGGEST deal breaker. I will wait either for the Note5 or the S7. By then..Sammy would’ve surely realized that expandable memory is a must. I give them props on the design and materials. They have a sim card slot..should’ve included the memory slot as well. Lets just hope the “speedier” TW/core performance, battery performance doesn’t disappoint.

gmoney
1 year 4 months ago

…..AND they shouldve went with 4GB of ram..only 3GB of ram..thats insane considering the Note4 and others are having/going with 4GBs

kronicle
1 year 4 months ago

This is not the same phone as shown before. These must be different prototypes or Chinese Clones that are about to beat them out, like they did in beating out every iPhone ever launched! ;-P

No stereo speakers? Probably no finger print sensor in the home button either to go with no new LPDDR4, that they are saying will already be in the next iPhone too. Samsung should just go only with keeping all their innovations in house and not sell a dam thing to Apple or other competitors like they are doing with that 4GB LP-DDR4 modules to both LG and Apple! ……make em spend their own money trying to do all the research and CAPEX spending that Samsung does instead! ……out of business in no time!!!

Nobody can compete with Samsung’s complete domination of true technology R&D investments for greatest technology innovation!

aeensing

Where is the gear Orbis?
I mean, if the leaker only leaks 2 phones why not leak the whole charade?

Sammysamsam1
1 year 4 months ago

Thinking about it, the leaks by Tmobile and AT&T looked a lot different from this. I doesn’t have wierd those holes in front especially. I doubt this is what it is going to look like. It would be similar but definitely not the same………I hope. those holes in front would have to grow on me if thats the case.

kingklick
1 year 4 months ago

Non removable battery, glass back, speaker on the bottom and metal frame. Where have i seen this before. OH yes iphone 4. Way to go sammy!!

SamsungFan19
1 year 4 months ago

Hmm… the normal version looks good, but not spectacular. I think the Edge version looks pretty good.

schhy
1 year 4 months ago

The leaker, reefur, said on his first photo of it that it is possibly a prototype. Someone also pointed out it may be a carrier test version which have all the internals but not the exact same casing. We’ll have to wait and see

sergicion
1 year 4 months ago

Now I’m sure it’s fake or not the final version. The screen doesn’t look like it’s AMOLED, and Samsung always create new background images for their new flagships.

Sammysamsam1
1 year 4 months ago

Actually you are right! Im starting to doubt this leak.

GoodBoyMIKE
1 year 4 months ago

No it does look like amoled. All amoleds cast greenish tint when viewed from an angle. As we can see on leaked pics S6 is no exception.

ironbat
1 year 4 months ago

Well said. it’s a damn fake

tommypx
1 year 4 months ago

I have to be honest, I don’t really like it. I can see what looks like speakers on the front and that seems like a good feature (although not the prettiest). to me it looks like a Samsung phone trying to look like an Iphone (clearly the target market) i guess people will like it, but for me no removable battery = deal breaker (I like to make sure my phone is off at times, and also on via spare battery) i really hope it doesn’t continue on the note series. I love my note 4 its been the best phone I’ve had by far as it offered everything I wanted and more, I wouldn’t take a step backwards in that regard.

ProdByEchelon
1 year 4 months ago

There’s shadows behind the icons now

gourav92
1 year 4 months ago

so this is project zero design ha ……… flop,dud …….. looks like S3,S4,S5,grand,grand 2,neo,mini,note 2,note 3,note 4 etc I think this yr I will buy htc/windows high end….xiaomi mobiles offers similar design with similar processor at half price that of Samsung… Samsung just selling shit after S3.

superg05
1 year 4 months ago

mediatek does not equal similar its equals good enough

s2insider
1 year 4 months ago

Why the F are they still making an Edge series. When using it, your hand will end up touching the side screen and open this app, that app, those app and shits. It’ll be very disturbing, if it happens very often then we can’t use the phone at all. Waste of times of our users.

superg05
1 year 4 months ago

edge user here don’t knock it if you don’t own one it means you have no experience with such a device making your point, pointless and without merit so go home your drunk

Sammysamsam1
1 year 4 months ago

I really dislike ppl giving off their damn opinion as facts! you never used the Note edge. How the hell you know that it will open apps unintentionally??? Jeesshhh!!! keep your opinions to yourself or buy the product and then criticize it! Damn!

ironbat
1 year 4 months ago

You are wrong. I’m using an note edge. and it won’t register unnecessarily touches.

hazznat
1 year 4 months ago

Still I believe there is only one version without borders and there is no exist for the world edge.
it just Galaxy S6 with a unique design which has no borders.

chris.nsele

Aww i think this is not legit, 2 scenarios:
1. it’s another attempt from Samsung to disappoint us by pushing us yelling and insulting its next product in order to wow us with something completely beautiful and gorgeous and then boost the sales over the world
2. It’s just a fake render made by a Chinese manufacturer
Personally I don’t believe this is the new Galaxy S6 images why:
1. The first wave of leaked images didn’t have a Samsung logo on it and after a moment we have the same model with a logo on it neither a bar code on its back so it’s quite a paradox, the identical images but with major difference, there is something weird about it guys
2. the one who leaked these pictures choose to show us only the home screen as the one we can see in every Samsung phone and it looks like Kitkat, some rumors said that Samsung is working on new type of custom themes and i’m pretty sure Samsung would like their new #ProjectZero device to look slightly different from this, why doesn’t he show the about of the device or something which proof it’s an new UI touchwiz lollipop etc (weird!),
3. it lacks a memory card slot pretending that it’s the same type of product than previous leaked images (Samsung will never do that because it knows how android users like that, and there is no point for to do such thing,
4. the sim card slot is below the power button pretending that it’s the same type of product than previous leaked images (when i see the AT&T image of the Galaxy S6 egde variant there is no such thing, maybe you would say that the sim card slot is on the left side for the edge, that doesn’t make sense because the screen curved in both side so if the S6 has a sim card slot on the right side then the S6 edge should have one to there and between us I prefer to believe that the picture that all major american carriers have put on their websites for the S6 is more legit than a complete stranger coming from nowhere).
5. by seeing the image of the S6 from carriers website we can notice that the build material is different from the one in those leaked images, the one from carriers is gorgeous and doesn’t look like any other phones, more likely i will be buying the edge variant, and by paying attention to the corner i can see that the metal go behind the phone which makes me think that there won’t be glass on the back of the phone and i think combining metal and glass instead of a fully metal unibody is more difficult and expensive, so why Samsung will go for such long and expensive process and glass breaks easily than metal even though Samsung has a big partnership with Corning Gorilla Glass lol…

So guys better wait March 1st…

JUGANVAZ
1 year 4 months ago

I support your theory, this isn’t agree on anything as published by Samsung

ice_ears
1 year 4 months ago

i think this is the real deal 95% – almost all rumours confirmed – no microSD, no removable batter, camera shape and position, big rounder home button, front speakers, slim, shape and size .. i remember what they did with S4 – there were 100% accurate pics with 1 week before launch.

tcampos
1 year 4 months ago

There is no front speaker. You can see the speaker grill on the bottom of the device.

DKR3000
1 year 4 months ago

The edge in Black will be amazing. It should really be the standard Modell. No need for the other one.

sureshang
1 year 4 months ago

The galaxy s edge, screen curve is so subtle that it should just be the standard s6. Looks alot more unique.

leoking3
1 year 4 months ago

I dont know where you see the big resemblance between these images and the icrap… Cause I dont.

johny jackson
1 year 4 months ago

Edge should be just standard version and flat display is cheaper variant.
Galaxy S6 and economic variant.
I think that’s why Samsung and U.S carriers keeps focusing edge not flat.

j2001m
1 year 4 months ago

May be edge for like usa and uk and so on, why China and others they do not have the cash get the normal s6

nishant786
1 year 4 months ago

At this point it will be a stupid move to remove two phones.
1. because the s6 edge will be the most unique looking phone on the market. the first time that Samsung will not be called a copy cat. Samsung needs unique badly at this point.
2. S6 is very close to the iPhone. S6 edge is unique.
3. two versions will cause confusion and the edge version will be labeled a gimmick and people wont even give it a chance. the s6 edge should be front and centre. the note 4 note 4 edge was a fiasco that should not be repeated.

Sammysamsam1
1 year 4 months ago

Are you insane!!! That looks nothing like an Iphone!!

adam.kirby5
1 year 4 months ago

No, I must say… ONLY the sides of the phone look like an iPhone. The screen, doesn’t and the back doesn’t either. I do smell a lawsuit though from crApple. They will probably argue they invented that shape again.

SamMobile1811
1 year 4 months ago

I don’t see How Touchwiz is Changed here.. Let’s Hope its Hardware is Efficient Enough with 7420..
waiting for a real Benchmark and Battery Test.
Design is Pretty Weird kinna in b/w S Series and iPhones and without microSD and Non-Removable Batteries !!

Special offer for SamMobile members Special offer for SamMobile members X