Exclusive: The upcoming Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 will be thinner than the Apple iPad Air 2

Now that we largely know what to expect from the Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 Edge, it’s time for some new information about Samsung’s upcoming high-end tablet. We have been able to eek out some new information from our insiders about the successor to the Galaxy Tab S, and according to them, the Galaxy Tab S2 will be thinner than the Apple iPad Air 2. Continuing the trend of using premium materials in its high-end devices, Samsung will use a metal frame in the Galaxy Tab S2 to make it feel even more premium.

The device will be offered in two screen size variants – 8.0-inch and 9.7-inch. If you notice, these screen sizes are different when compared to the Galaxy Tab S, which is being offered with an 8.4-inch display variant and a 10.5-inch display variant. We reported earlier that Samsung’s upcoming mid-range tablets, the Galaxy Tab A and the Galaxy Tab A Plus will feature screens with a squarish 4:3 aspect ratio. Well, it appears that Samsung will use the same aspect ratio with the display on the Galaxy Tab S2.

SAMSUNG CSC

Tablets 9

neoramz
1 year 4 months ago

where is my lollipop on my tab s t705

wordsley
1 year 7 months ago

i see this as a big move in the wrong direction , 4:3 aspect ratio is just no good for media, all you end up is large black bars on the top and bottom, 16:9 or 16:10 is far better, just like every other screen in my house..

Pat Smith
1 year 7 months ago

Very disappointed at how they stopped talking about the Note 10.1 2015 edition. The S-Pen was the only feature really giving them the edge over the iPad in some respect and I would have considered to buy such a tablet. But to wait again for yet another generation which is not going to fulfill the customer’s expectations… Hell no…

eSeM
1 year 7 months ago

I buy a lot of tablets but will never buy one that is 4:3.

giobotigi
1 year 4 months ago

Yeah.. Thank God.. others are feeling the same way I’ve been feeling for months! As one who was absolutely planning to get the Tab S2.. waiting for the 64 bit chips etc.. I will be severely disappointed with a 4×3 ratio! There is a reason TVs, monitors, and laptops for that matter are no longer in a 4×3 ratio.. because 4×3 screens plain suck for media.
What is this the 1980s?.. do I need to pull out my Walkman to have with this product. I get the premium build and am all for it but 4×3 would be a miss step.. Much like it is for the Tab A.. Are you kidding me.. Which is actually more like 1993!.. like the computer I was saving up to build as a kid.. with its 17 inch Mag monitor in 1024 x 768 and full 4×3 ratio glory!! Absolutely spectacular!! for 1993!!

parshakov
1 year 7 months ago

I would prefer a 16:9 aspect ratio and a bigger, not smaller screen size…

atilla38
1 year 7 months ago

Selamın aleyküm beyler

rodzyn22
1 year 7 months ago

Fantastic what about mine tab s 10.5 lollipop?

emieltess