[Updated] Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500) is getting the Lollipop update in Russia

Well, it looks like Samsung Russia is planning to update all the older flagships from the company to Lollipop ahead of newer devices. After the Galaxy Note 3, the Galaxy S4 has started receiving the Android 5.0.1 update in the country. The update is rolling out to the Exynos variant of the device (GT-I9500), and is rather huge at 1049MB. It looks like the update is so big that Samsung will be removing some pre-loaded apps like Google Play Books, Movies and others to make space. It’s likely only those apps that can be downloaded from the Play Store (and Galaxy Apps) will be removed, though this should not be taken as a sign of the bloatware trimming that Samsung is pursuing (as that will only take effect with the Galaxy S6.)

The update should bring all the features of Lollipop, like enhanced performance, lockscreen and heads-up notifications, and a redesigned interface, features that we exclusively previewed a couple of weeks ago. You should be seeing a notification for the OTA on your Galaxy S4 over the course of the next few days; the update doesn’t seem to be showing up on Kies just yet, but it hopefully will as a computer would certainly come in handy for downloading all that data.

Update: You can now download the full firmware for the Galaxy S4′s Russian Android 5.0 update from our firmware section.

lollipop-s4-russia

Thanks, Serkan!

Firmware news 281

HAKIM DIF
29 days 47 seconds ago

MESSAGE ODIN 3 FAIL

melkott
8 months 9 days ago

that firmware is to bad for battery i hope to fix that problem with update to 5.1.1

sdstc
1 year 2 months ago

im tired of waiting galaxy s4 5.0.1 update for TURKEY.
When it will be released?

lmaraneli
1 year 3 months ago

Latest lollypop update has some issues with contact recognition, where can I post this bug?

greymann
1 year 4 months ago

Still waiting for Lollipop update for I9500XXUGNH2 in Jordan, I hope its not too long.

farooqchakra
1 year 5 months ago

can anyone updated Android 5.0 Lollipop for Galaxy s4 GT-i9500 with baseband version i9500xxugnf6..? Please support..

greymann
1 year 5 months ago

When we gonna get this update in Jordan?

amza1981
1 year 5 months ago

Peace be upon you for the owners of two Jlexa experience after the update is no network and thank you

amza1981
1 year 5 months ago

GT-I9500

omrceylan
1 year 6 months ago

When Lollipop for Galaxy S4 in TURKEY ??? We are waiting for that !!!

devmasterbob
1 year 6 months ago

Not only for me actuality of OS is a powerful argument when purchasing a mobile phone. So it should be normal to be directly informed about OS updates. Samsung should give please official statements for each device. Otherwise customers will be even more angry day by day. Waiting is NOT the problem, but the uncertainty brings despair and is difficult to understand by faithful customers. If waiting was for nothing, what will happen? Galaxy S3 never got KitKat! If my Galaxy S4 I9515 VE (bought last December) won’t get the lollipop update, my next phone won’t be a Samsung phone.
Sorry for my bad english…

Tergras
1 year 6 months ago

It’s like month passed already, what the hell?? can we have AT LEAST news about other regions getting the update???????

Suryadinatha
1 year 6 months ago

Lollipop for Galaxy S4 Indonesia please…

jeisondd
1 year 6 months ago

una pregunta mi samsung galaxy s4 m1919 tmobile se actualizara también porque el intencional es solo ese que veo que ago puedo poner ese a ese necesito ayuda quiero lillipop en mi s4 m1919 que tengo hacer :( porque no es el mismo modelo

alexs4
1 year 6 months ago

I flashed my S4 By odin and i didn’t get the update notification !
and i don’t live in Russia
I live in Jerusalem , i flashed my S4 to UAE FIRMWARE galaxy s4 i9500
please help when can i get the update notification ?

Edgarmf

funciona perfectamente en mi S4 I9500 la versión Russa

kghashghaii
1 year 6 months ago

do not update your S4 I9500 to android 5.0.1!!
it has lot of difference with the film that this site shown us!!
no silence mod! (just vibrate and loud!)
S health and watch on issue!(not work probably!)
I think it would be better for Samsung to wait for android 5.1 Lollipop and then release it for their smartphones!

nitranhot
1 year 6 months ago

Estimado buen día, hace unos días que me encuentro probando la versión rusa 5.0.1 en mi i9500, de fluidez bastante bien, antutu 32mil, ram disponible no pasa de 900mb, batería pésimo (7hs) uso normal, 2g/3g, idioma español, sin bugs.

Dear good day , a few days ago that ‘m testing the Russian version 5.0.1 on my i9500 , flow quite well, AnTuTu 32mil , nothing more available ram 900mb , terrible battery ( 7hs ) normal use, 3g , Spanish, without bugs.

naman111096
1 year 6 months ago

At last today in the morning i got the lollipop update for my galaxy S4 I9500 in India via OTA. Its 991.07 Mb in size.

Razaafridi
1 year 6 months ago

I had installed the lollipop update on galaxy s4 GT I9500 and I am pretty much disappointed with the update. The main problem is with the battery. I had reset my phone cleared the cache thrice but the battery would drain in hours. It would use 1.52GB of RAM at any time with no applications installed. The phone has got laggy and slow. My opinion would be not to install it untill the stable version is aired by samsung.

nandaguima
1 year 6 months ago

Quando vai sair atualização para o galaxy se aqui no Brasil???? Não aguento mais esse 4.4 !!!!

Tushar Wadel
1 year 6 months ago

When will the other regions get lollipop update for S4 I9500 ??? Coz its been around 4 to 5 days Russia got the update and no news of any other region receiving the update ??????????

Bibazavr
1 year 6 months ago

Heh, funny joke from Samsung. Starting the update from the ass of the world lol. Meh, so boring…

mami3467
1 year 6 months ago

What happens if i install this firmware with Odin to my I9500? And what happens i try to go back my OzcanRom, or stock 4.4.2 firmware? Also what happens if the firmware will be released at my country, and then can i install it with Odin?
Will i lost my IMEI or sometihng? Thanks.

nima96
1 year 6 months ago

i9500 doesnt have material design in settings but i9506 has it why????????

ahmetcan4270