Posted by Harish J 7 months ago

Galaxy S5 cases emerge, fingerprint scanner cutout absent

Aegis

Now that we know that Samsung will indeed launch the Galaxy S5 on February 24th at the Mobile World Congress, it is time to focus our attention on the accessories that will be available with it. Like clockwork, cases for the Galaxy S5 are starting to emerge. UK’s Mobile Fun website lists two cases for the device from Trident, called Aegis and Kraken. The design of the cases does not seem to be very different to what we’re used to, with the power buttons to the left and volume rockers to the right. The Aegis case is available in four color variants of red, blue, black and green, and currently retails for $41.99. The Kraken case is also available in the same color combinations and looks similar to the Aegis case, and seems to come with a built-in kickstand. The Kraken case is retailing for $57.99.

While Trident mentions that the case comes with cut-outs for all the usual hardware, like the camera, flash unit and microphone, there is no mention of a fingerprint scanner. Earlier in the day, it was leaked that Samsung is working on a fingerprint sensor in-house that will make its way onto the Galaxy S5. If this rumor is indeed true, then such a sensor might be embedded onto the front of the device itself, like the Touch ID is on the iPhone 5S.

ADVICE SAMMOBILE: DO NOT BUY ANY S5 ACCESSORIES.

trident-case-for-samsung-galaxy-s5

trident-aegis-case-for-samsung-galaxy-s5

Source

7 comments on “Galaxy S5 cases emerge, fingerprint scanner cutout absent

1. emmanuelgemini 7 months ago said:

If this is really the case of the Galaxy S5, it’s really surprising how the phone seems “WIDE” just like the NOTE 1, I seems kinda big and is about to cross the note territory.

• Jaime Larios 7 months ago said:

Well, if the rumors are true, it will have practically the same screen size of the original Note. It may have the same form factor.

• Jaime Larios 7 months ago said:

To the Author: it’s been said on several leaks that the scanner will be under the screen. It will be a swipe scanner.

2. stoolzo 7 months ago said:

looks dubious to me too, i’ll be very surprised if the S5 doesn’t have the same size / ratio footprint as the S3 / S4, these rumours are all good fun though :)

3. Jaime Larios 7 months ago said:

To the Harish J: it’s been said on several leaks that the scanner will be under the screen. It will be a swipe scanner.

4. Fwinst 7 months ago said:

Kinda looks like a wider version of the Galaxy 2. That would be extremely disappointing. If the design does mirror the GS2, they need to fire everyone involved in the design and approval of the device. You don’t make a big deal out of getting a group together to re-design your flagship product, only to take it back 3 generations. I’ll wait and see. As for the scanner, it’s not the most important thing to me.

5. gamblor77 7 months ago said:

I hope this is a fake or just a prototype based on rumour. I will be devastated if they actually choose to stay with the sh*tty, tin sounding speaker on the back of the phone. How the hell can companies seriously not realize that front speakers are a no brainer?

Why would I want the sound going away from me? Or worse yet, why should I need to cup my hand around the back to hear, or hold the phone a certain way to keep from muffling the sound? It makes no damn sense!!
    Even though I own a Note 3 I was hoping to swap out for this because it’s a little smaller…but I was REALLY hoping they would get it right this time. I swear these guys have absolute monkeys for designers and no nothing about real-world use. No wonder the S4 sales didn’t do what they expected, they’re not listening to the customer or giving them what they want.
    -Better battery life!!!
    -Front speakers
    -Bright, high res screen (QHD preferred or FHD if battery is too affected)
    -Better camera that works in very dim conditions (think Lumia 1020)
    -Much more polished/lighters version of TouchWiz, or simply stock Android
    -Expandable memory/removable battery
    -Option for plastic or metal