Posted by Faryaab S. 1 year ago

Samsung starts Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy S II GT-I9100P

android_4-1_jelly_bean_0

Samsung has just started to push Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update to the Galaxy S II (GT-I9100P). The Galaxy S II is the best-selling Android device of 2011 and has a very large user base that’s why Samsung keeps on updating this device with all the new Android versions as they want to provide the Galaxy S II users with their best support experience.

You might not be able to update your device to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean right away as the update is rolling out in phases. So, it might not yet be available for your country or network provider (If Your device is Carrier branded) but don’t worry the update will arrive soon.

In the history of software updates, the new Jelly Bean update by Samsung to the Galaxy S II is by far the most major update given to a smartphone yet. As we all know Samsung’s ICS update didn’t had any UI changes and had exactly the same UI which was in its Gingerbread but this is not the case with Samsung’s Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update. The new jelly bean update breathes a new life into the Galaxy S II, Samsung has completely ditched the old UI and has given the new Nature UX Interface, which is the same as the one being used in the Galaxy S III Mini and the Galaxy S III, in its latest Jelly Bean update.

Some of the Enhancements in the new Jelly Bean Update:
- Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
- Full User Interface Revamp (Same UI as of the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II)
- TouchWiz Nature UX
- Samsung’s S Cloud services
- Improved Camera features
- New Lockscreen With Many Customization Options
- New Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
- New Widgets (From Galaxy S III)
- 2 Home screen modes
- New Notification bar With More Notification Toggles
- Google Now

You can update your Galaxy S II (GT-I9100P) through Samsung KIES or via OTA. Make sure you fully charge your device’s battery before upgrading as the update is quite big.

Official Firmware Details:
Android Version: 4.1.2 – Build JZO54K
PDA: I9100PXXLSK
CSC: I9100PTIMLSK
MODEM: I9100PXXLS8

All the new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmwares for the Galaxy S II are present in our Firmware Section as well. You can use our Firmware Section to manually update your device if for some reason you can’t officially update your device via Samsung Kies or via OTA as you are using a Custom ROM or if your Country has yet not received the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update. Also, bookmark this page as we will keep this page up to date with the latest information on countries and network providers releasing the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update.

Screenshots: (From I9100 JB Update)

19 comments on “Samsung starts Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy S II GT-I9100P

1. ableey 1 year ago said:

when indonesian GT-i9100 jellybean update?

2. nawesi007 1 year ago said:

When comes JB 4.1.2 update for Belgium/Luxemburg???

3. nawesi007 1 year ago said:

JB 4.1.2 for GT – i9100 for Belgium – Luxemburg please please please!!!

4. mahdipotter 1 year ago said:

wow
    so when comes JB for mini II(S6500D)?

5. Pm0097 1 year ago said:

I9100G 4.1.2 for IRAN when?:-(

6. gasterakos 1 year ago said:

Guys for those who want the 4.1.2 for international Galaxy S II I9100 you can just use a firmware from other countries that already have the 4.1.2 JB for download and after flash pick your mother language for phone using.So it’s the same things.You have the 4.1.2 with your country’s language. I do the same to my S II before and Note II now and everything’s ok

• mackiemackers 1 year ago said:

ya ur right. but aftr installing this custom firm.
      u will not able to update now, via kies.
      so u cn’t update ur phone via kies on nxt update.
      need to download and install again. (-.-

7. parasu 1 year ago said:

When it’s come to ace plus?

8. mackiemackers 1 year ago said:

where is the download link?
    and when update for Phil?
    besides, can u make this firmware able to use or update
    via kies, after installing this custom firmware.
    ‘coz aftr i install ur custom firm. I cn’t update now or sooner,
    via kies. please do something about it, samsung. thnx..

9. fpollan 1 year ago said:

And….Note I Gt-N7000 PHE or FOP?….please!!!!

10. Muhammed Enes Metin 1 year ago said:

when Turkey or France GT-i9100P jellybean update?

11. sankai123 1 year ago said:

Can we install other country rom in our device

12. SOLEDADVAZQUEZB 1 year ago said:

WHERE IS THE LINK?

13. syawal07 1 year ago said:

i already upgrade my gt-i9100p to jelly bean 4.1.2 via odin…i have two problem which is 1st my gallery cant open..but the problem already solve by format the gallery…but the 2nd problem is the touchwiz icon such as app, call, message,contact ‘icon’ is by TIM developer…i want the real touchwiz icon…can i change it?…how?…please help me…the icon look terrible :(

14. betelchus 1 year ago said:

Hello, for when vodafone upgrade to 4.1.2 in Spain?.
    Model Gt-I9100P.
    Thx

15. bodyX_asu 1 year ago said:

When will apear update to 4.1.2 for vodafone spain (ATL) XXLQ8?

16. mojtaba sh 1 year ago said:

is this frimware just has pda?or this frimware have modem-csc and cod?

17. jflapao 1 year ago said:

Hi, can any body tell me or give me the link for the international unbranded firmware for the GT-I9100P (the version with NFC) or if is not available the GT-I9100 (the normal one with the exynos processor) because i’m in the custom rom and i can’t upgrade via kies

18. Ntrajohn 1 year ago said: