Did the Galaxy Note 4 just get Android 6.0 Marshmallow?

Impossible is the word many will scream out when they hear this, but it seems Samsung already has Android 6.0 builds ready for the Galaxy Note 4, the company’s most badly treated flagship smartphone ever. The folks over at Napidroid say one of their editors has received the Android 6.0 update on the Galaxy Note 4, and based on our information we can say the firmware build (version N910FXXU1DOL3X) is certainly the real deal.

But we’re inclined to lean towards the possibility that the update was pushed out by mistake, unless Samsung is looking to make up for the poor software support Note 4 owners have seen until now by pushing Marshmallow to the device even before the 2015 lineup of Galaxy flagships. Heck, some regions are still getting Android 5.1.1, so it would be very odd for Samsung to start rolling out Android 6.0 already.

The update – final or not – does seem to bring new features to the Note 4, including the Note 5′s screen-off memo function that lets you start taking notes with the S Pen as soon as you take it out of its slot (though this was already possible through a simple hack.)

Note-4-Android-6-0-01

Performance is said to have improved as well (though with the multitasking menu lagging now and then), and we also see the new app icons and Air Command menu from the newer version of TouchWiz that debuted on the Note 5 and Galaxy S6 edge+. There don’t seem to be any other visual changes, and Napidroid doesn’t offer any details on what else is included in the Marshmallow build.

Again, someone at Samsung likely goofed up and made the Android 6.0 build available long ahead of schedule, so don’t start looking at your Galaxy Note 4 all day long in the hopes of getting Marshmallow. It’s not that Samsung isn’t welcome to surprise us, but this just seems too good to be true, especially after the treatment the company’s laggy flagship has gotten since it launched last year.

Did the Galaxy Note 4 just get Android 6.0 Marshmallow?

Source

Firmware news 44

EdwinVed
2 months 22 days ago

Esperando android 7 en mi galaxy note 4

r1998
7 months 12 days ago

galaxy note 3 is on android 5.0 which has lot of bugs and problems, please provide android 6.0.1 marshmallow note 3 really need marshmallow update

Henry64
8 months 21 days ago

Don’t really care anymore, I have given up on Samsung and ditched my N4, it’s not being used as a reminder of never going down this lane again anytime soon.
Really too bad, Samsung makes really nice HW, but their SW/OS handling is terrible. Having had the S4 and the “lostship” N4 I must say I feel let down. And if you don’t vote with your feet you won’t see any improvements.

bumblebee1978
9 months 4 days ago

how many years yet we have to wait? Samsung always makes such problems when updating.

thegeneral2010
9 months 19 days ago

There is no doubt its fake no new touchwiz only some picked features of it????? Impossible samsung is not this level of stupidness to do that and if they did i think they should start fucusing on dishwashers industry cuz idont believe that any note 4 owner including me ofcourse would pay money for there craps again so yes they will port the hole new touch wiz not just a stupid usless features of it this is wat they did in note 3 and this is wat’s gonna happen in note 4.

rob bruens
8 months 29 days ago

Try some interpunction. Maybe then it’s possible to read

evrisk
9 months 19 days ago

It looks bad and fake. If indeed this is the real thing it must be a test build. There is no chance Samsung will upgrade Note 4 to 6.0 before Note 5 / S6 edge+ S6. This must be an experiment of theirs or an accidental test update.

Danmoore1961

I have 5.1.1 also can make video calls

Danmoore1961

I got note 4 edge 5.1.1 and video calling now

derzulya
9 months 19 days ago

After waiting soooo long for 5.1.1 (which is lot more better than 5.0.1 but has some bugs) i don’t believe that Samsung updates Note 4 to 6.0. If a “miracle” occurs, then it’d maybe just couple of devices (maybe NF910 only?) not the whole Note 4 line! There are tons of different builds and not to mention that only couple of them updated to 5.1.1 and mostly not OTA. I’d like to have Android 6 just because it’s possible to install Apps directly to external memory.

Channel42x
9 months 19 days ago

I haven’t even got 5.1.1 on my Note 4 and they’re already talking about 6.0…

ProdByEchelon
9 months 19 days ago

Anything that isn’t part of “new Samsung” will be forgotten. Thats why I hate to ditch my Note 4 a year early and get the Note5 because its clear that they only focusing on the S6 and upwards.

sammay69
9 months 19 days ago

When the galaxy s6 came it was a beginning of a completey new start for Samsung phones. They redesign everything the build of the phone to its software. It was good thing but yeah sadly phone that isn’t a part of the new Samsung mobile will be forgotten

Danmoore1961

Got 5.1.1

tiborh
9 months 19 days ago

Good to see, this is Hungarian version, I am Hungarian, and will look after this.

cheers.

jimmy29
9 months 19 days ago

icon s health seems ridiculous. it is a bad theme
very poor source. Samsung will not make its 6.0

greymann

what about the S6 themes for Note 4

Dynamiteash
9 months 19 days ago

This looks like a theme which is available on touchwiz theme store. Trust me, I have seen exact same theme, not able to recall the name of it at the moment.

jayraj
9 months 19 days ago

Note3 will get android 6.0?

Danmoore1961

Doubtful

n900mixalot
9 months 19 days ago

They added new features?! That is really cool. I prefer Pen Window and the older Air Command but it isn’t that bad on my Note5. I’m amazed. The could really benefit Samsung’s ailing track record. Good for them. Good job Samsung. Fingers crossed.

BonezOz
9 months 19 days ago

And those of us down under with note 3′s are still waiting for at least Android 5.0… I doubt we’ll ever see Marshmallow on the Note 3

ProdByEchelon
9 months 19 days ago

Most people on the Note 3 are past the 2 year contract agreement so they might look at the Note5 so I doubt they’ll consider the Note 3 and if they do, I will come very late.

Lwam Moe Wai
9 months 19 days ago

Does the new air-command support scroll capture? And I wanna know whether double press to home button can launch camera or not.

ruzul
9 months 19 days ago

Its really sucks to get stuck on old UI atleast gettig update to 6.0 then atleast give a major change but indeed just give minor change and preety bit about performance

mjdouthitt
9 months 19 days ago

My S6 got it 2 days ago. SM-G920F.

ProdByEchelon

Stop trolling

Goodamus
9 months 19 days ago

The best of the world for the Note 4 users, would exists, if the content of this article is true, but and also Samsung unlock the processor to 64 bits

arhu74
9 months 19 days ago

The SD805 is 32 bits but even if it were 64bits from my experience (with intel) going 64 bits does not yield any significant performance improvement unless you have much more memory than 3GB. In fact many apps are optimized for 32 bit but not 64 bit and they take up more memory even if they were more optimized.

thegeneral2010

NO NEW TOUCHWIZ??????THIS IS WATS IMPOSSIBLE

thegeneral2010
9 months 19 days ago

There is no doubt its fake no new touchwiz??? This is wats impossible. also i wish if they surprise us and enable the dam 64 bit.

alastairgreen_Nexus
9 months 18 days ago

It will be unfair for SM-N910F and SM-N910T/A/P/G/W8 AND V users as they had the Snapdragon 805, henceforth 32 bit

Alexander adams
9 months 19 days ago

By insisting to not include multi user feature (Why not!!) gives the impression that Samsung doesn’t care about what users want.