Exclusive: Samsung is working on a huge Android tablet with an 18.4-inch display

Samsung has already released a bunch of tablets this year including the Galaxy Tab E, the Galaxy Tab A, and the Galaxy Tab S2, but it has plans to bring more devices to the market. The company is working on a huge Android-based tablet that could be used in living rooms, offices, or schools.

According to the information that we’ve received, the SM-T670, which is codenamed ‘Tahoe’, is an Android 5.1 Lollipop-based tablet with an 18.4-inch display. It will feature a TFT LCD screen with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, an octa-core 64-bit 1.6GHz Exynos 7580 processor, 2GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, a microSD card slot (supporting up to 128GB cards), and a 5,700 mAh battery. It will also come with an 8-megapixel primary camera and a 2.1-megapixel secondary camera. It will be 451.8 mm wide, 275.8 mm tall, and 11.9 mm thick.

Currently we don’t have any information regarding the final name of the tablet or its tentative release date, but we will follow through when we get any new information. Samsung is also said to be working on a Windows 10-based tablet with a high-resolution 12-inch display, a 13nm Intel Core M chipset, 4GB RAM, and an S Pen.

Tablets

parisino
1 year 3 months ago

Why 2 cameras for a huge tablet meant for use in schools, living rooms and office meetings, maybe clued to a wall? One unique front camera to make Skype style videocalls would be enough… I see often those electronic so called high end products have so many useless things.

harryisme
1 year 3 months ago

If it’s that big why not just bung in a SSD drive. Also why only 1080p? a Higher res screen makes more sense in something this big than a 1440p screen on 5.2″ phone.

Don’t see the point of this, if it’s that big I would want it to be a Windows Device, since Windows has started turning up in cheaper tablets. No doubt for the price of this tablet, you’ll be able to pick up a full fledged laptop with a touchscreen that’s more powerful. As I doubt this would be priced under $600.

insel71
1 year 3 months ago

If it’s that big. Why does it need micro sd card? Wouldn’t a full sized sd card work better?

kronicle
1 year 3 months ago

Sounds great to me!!! :D ……..I’d love to replace my 17″ Heavy Laptop computer right now…. as it never leaves the house or it’s wall hugging socket with something actually more energy efficient, lighter with a smaller footprint!!!

I also use Windows 10 on it now with an upgrade. I am really liking Win 10 and looking forward to new device’s sporting it. Since I have been in the “Insider Program” from the beginning!!!

Solun
1 year 3 months ago

“We swear it fits right into your pocket!”

Qasim Mughal

Soooo ODdd….

han.eliteskw

are you sick?!

vido1
1 year 3 months ago

Micro SD card slot : if it supports “up to 128GB” it supports up to 2TB, in fact (SDXC standard).

Riponmiah01

its too big..

TheSparda
1 year 3 months ago

Samsung suck at tablets. Tab s2 is laggy and poorly optimized. Now we get another underpowered tab…Please let them die…

insel71
1 year 3 months ago

Samsung or low powered tablets should die? If you mean Samsung I’d agree with you on their speedy updates alone. FYI I’m being sarcastic when I write speedy.

bsalem
1 year 3 months ago

an octa-core 64-bit 1.6GHz Exynos 7580 processor, 2GB RAM!!!!!!!?????????
Note 4 3GB ram and you said it’s imposible to run 64-bit version!!!
This proves that you are layers.

1 year 3 months ago

The Note 4 was powered by the Snapdragon 805 in many regions, and this processor was not a 64-bit processor. Samsung couldn’t enable 64-bit for the Exynos version because that would leave out the ones who bought the Snapdragon version.

Most CPU’s today are 64-bit but that doesn’t mean each will have high RAM.

thegeneral2010
1 year 3 months ago

I remmber when note 3 was released with its 2 variants the exynos variant didnt support 4k video recording and 4g modem thats beside its lower performance wat u say now gives me indication never to trust exynos processors.

webergti
1 year 3 months ago

Dude what does that has to do with the fact the Samsung didn’t wanna enable it because of marketing reason, why is it the they can make cheaper devices and support them with 64 bit and even worse running 5.1.1 out of the box when many regions still even running 4.4.4 on the note 4 what a shame of company because the biggest cellphone manufacture in the world don’t have the resources to develop updates for the note 4 users and forget about enabling 64 bit how about making a decent 5.1.1 update for all region of the note 4 and why not the new so fast and smooth version of touch wiz simple Samsung doesn’t want to they thinks like this will if we make the note 4 the device as smooth as the S6, S6 edge, S6 edge+ and S6 5.7 display with S-Pen who is gonna buy the S6, S6 edge, S6 edge+ and S6 5.7 display with S-Pen will if you would treat all your loyal and non loyal costumer with respect maybe a lot more people.

And don’t come and say will the other oem’s are not doing better yes you right the other oem’s are just as screw as Samsung but Samsung is the one the makes the most money the one who sell more the one with more resources most important the one who has the money to hire lot of developers and make things different but no the to busy making the all cellphone alphabet line up like honestly do the whole world need 50 model of cell phones from Samsung every year and that’s not counting the variations

And i can’t wait to see what will be the next nexus devices to upgrade my Note 4 SM-N910T Snapdragon witch by the way I would not give a fuck if Samsung would enable 64 bit on the Exinos version

I hope one day google drop support on android and move everything to android One for high end smart phones so shity companies update policy like Samsung wont affect the user end but that’s just a dream.

From an Ex-loyal Samsung costumer who happen to own all this Samsung Products
2 32″ led tv’s
2 BD Player’s
1 gear VR for note 4
1 gear watch
1 gear fit
1 Samsung desk dock
4 previously own Galaxy S3 1 in use and my only other device with 5.1.1 devices CM12.1
2 previously own Galaxy S4 1 still in use custom Touch wiz 5.0.2 because Samsung and Tmo wont update it officially
2 Galaxy S5 1 I sold other in use 5.1.1
3 Note 4 5.0.1
1 tab 2 10.1 sold it to my nephew but running 5.1.1 CM 12.1
1 tab 3 8.0 sold it to my other nephew but also with 5.1.1 CM 12.1
1 Note 8.0 with 4.4.2
2 Tab 2 with 5.0.2
Extra battery charging dock for S3 due to damage to the usb port to my S3
Samsung Oem MHL adapter talking about this why there’s no more support on s6 s6 edge s6 + and s6 with s-pen
1 Gear circle
1 camcorder
1 camera Nx300
1 wireless charging
2 wireless charging covers for s5 and note 4
1 s view cover for s5
1 all-cast share hub
1 usb on the go adapter
1 usb on the go for tab 2 10.1
and lots of 3d glasses
all Samsung and i don’t really car about Samsung removing sd and battery I’m just frustrated it with the way Samsung treat all the Note 4 users so if Samsung doesn’t give a fuck about his costumer why the costumer should give a fuck about Samsung
and i convince my mom to buy a 65″ Samsung Tv and also convince my mom to return a $3400.00 Samsung refrigerator and go with a kitchen aid

No wander apple has a lot of loyal costumer because a least apple treat his costumer with respect that the only thing Samsung needs to copy from Samsung

Magomat
1 year 3 months ago

My note 4 was the last samsung device. No upgrade to 5.1.1 for a flash device. If mu st I go for a Apple device the have more respect for costumer.

BigMB44
1 year 3 months ago

Most recently released phones have 4GB ram and this tablet PC will have 2? …………..

apurba.giri
1 year 3 months ago

Recent phones with 4 gigs are flagships, may be Samsung intends to keep the price of this 18″ tab reasonable… or may be not, we’ll get to know!

lyeshmed
1 year 3 months ago

TFT LCD screen … too bad I witch all display in any device are super amoled especially the big one.

sanid
1 year 3 months ago

5700 mAh battery for an 18.4 display???

LTAA