Exclusive: No Galaxy Note 5 for Europe at launch?

We revealed a boatload of information on the Galaxy Note 5 earlier today (and on the Galaxy S6 edge+ as well), and we now have a few details on Samsung’s launch plans for the phablet over in Europe. Well, details on the lack of any such plans if we go by the fact that Samsung has currently put firmware development for the European region on hold.

Countries like North America, South Korea, China, Singapore, Hong Kong and Asia will be seeing the Galaxy Note 5 hit retail shelves, but neither Samsung Europe nor Samsung Russia seem to be working on the phone’s software. It’s not that the Note 5 won’t come to these regions at all, but it is possible the launch will be limited to a lesser number of markets than what we’re used to for Samsung’s flagship smartphones.

We’re only guessing here, but it’s also possible Samsung wants the Galaxy S6 edge+ to also see some attention in these regions when it launches alongside the Galaxy Note 5 in August; that could be why Samsung is delaying the latter’s release, and it could be that the company will follow its launch schedule of previous devices in the series and complete worldwide availability somewhere in October or later this year.

Like everything we learn from our insiders, anything and everything can change in the future, but for now it looks like consumers in Europe, Russia and possibly a few other regions will have a longer wait than others before they get the option to officially buy Samsung’s next S Pen-toting flagship.

Phones 24

frodopalmer
1 year 1 month ago

if sammy delay the note 5 in europe it will simply push people in europe to buy the iphone 6s or perhaps the 7. i have the note 4 and plan on the note 5 but no way am waiting weeks or months after lunch date if the iphone comes out before i wil likely buy it. another thing samsung have let the note 4 people down with lollipop old samsung phones are getting updates before the note 4. if apple could only put and sd card slot in the iphone then that would be a big slap for dear old sammy. from what ive seen the note 5 is just a bigger S6 no real change

caesantos
1 year 28 days ago

I will never buy an iPhone again, I hate all of those restrictions iOS has! I won’t buy a Lumia 950 XL, because I don’t like Windows Mobile. If I can’t buy a Note 5, I will buy a LG G4 Pro, for instance.

pacc
1 year 1 month ago

It would be funny as hell to see the next Nexus and Apple phones with microsd slot, specially when Android M code indicates much improved external storage integration.

caesantos
1 year 28 days ago

Don’t expect Apple to include a microsd slot…

yoosufmuneer
1 year 1 month ago

All I find is a bunch of Samsung haters in a Samsung Fan Site. For sure these guys are not Samsung Fans. All these comments spread hate.

ThaiM
1 year 1 month ago

ANGRY SAMSUNK FANS feeling betrayed by a company that has given up on innovation.

Xim0
1 year 1 month ago

Can’t wait for next iphone plus…bye bye Sammy !

ThaiM
1 year 1 month ago

The thing is, Samsunk doesn’t care. That’s why they continued the proven failed path of the S6 with no MicroSD. Oh well. Hopefully another maker steps up with a good phone.

timacaro
1 year 1 month ago

Who says that this info is true? I can’t imagine that Samsung will make this step. Better wait before concluding the wrong thing.

ThaiM
1 year 1 month ago

Samsunk should abandon the mobile market and invest in electric toothbrushes. Wait- nevermind, I’d want to be able to replace the toothbrush heads on them.

manojmcn
1 year 1 month ago

Sir please avoid sh1tting in open spaces. Spare these spaces if you have nothing sensible to say.

maxellozo
1 year 1 month ago

1st of all, why the hell are you here then? Sammobile is more or less a Samsung fan page, at least for me. I love Samsung A LOT (had S4 now have S6) and I highly doubt that HTC, LG, SONY dont have problems as well. I had a lot different mobile phones, and at this point when I bought S6 there is no way back. Samusng is WAAAY ahead in many aspects with other manufacturers.. Even the big giant Apple had already and will have even more details in their SUPER great Iphone all manufactured by Samsung.. I cant and wont say anything more, if you dont like Samsung you are not welcome here. And I respect your opinion its just I cant stand any insulting sh*it to samsung with no fuc*king reason.

isroisro
1 year 1 month ago

WOW YOU LITTLE SAMSUNG FANS get so offended when someone dislikes samsung… It s as if you have samsung stock or samsung is ur family business… Grow up

zoocas
1 year 1 month ago

biggest mistake I made was going from a Nexus 5 to the Note 4. I think my next phone will be a Nexus

bonerp
1 year 1 month ago

Samsung just can’t cock this up anymore if they tried.

djdare
1 year 1 month ago

I just don’t get it what Samsung is thinking… My first smart phone was HTC Desire after that only Samsung flagship devices. Currently on Note 3 and already thinking to leave Samsung and join his competition… Really, just don’t get it…

ThaiM
1 year 1 month ago

Apple’s influence has infiltrated Samsung and they’re being sabotaged from the inside-out. Watch after the Note tanks, where the key Samsung players migrate to (Apple). Well played Apple. Well played.

Bw99

Wut? Why samsung?

NoteLove
1 year 1 month ago

Samsung need to change their policy of neglecting a flagship device once they have peoples money. This will be there down fall of high end market, The neglect to Note 4 is ridiculous.

manojmcn

What neglect?

syira2016

Oooooo

pacc

Note 5

- No micro sd slot
- No replaceable battery
- Breakable glass (non-replaceable) on the back
- Sluggish firmware updates
- Next to none support
- Full of bloatware
- Knox, region locks, etc…

There’s no point in buying the Note 5.
Nexus all the way from now on.

sanayp
1 year 1 month ago

well done samsung another reason why people will move.

already samsung lost 10 million customers. in space of 4 days