Samsung Wallet to be discontinued on June 30th

With Samsung Pay’s launch inching closer and closer, the Korean manufacturer has decided to shut down the Samsung Wallet service. Samsung is currently emailing all Samsung Wallet users that the service will be discontinued on June 30th; it’s not saying what the reason is, but it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that the reason is the company’s upcoming payment service.

Any tickets or reservations made by users through Samsung Wallet will be available after its termination, but everything else (like creating new reservations) will be disabled post June 30th. We’re not exactly sure how many users Samsung Wallet has out there, but its discontinuation is no doubt going to irk a few folks. Then again, given Samsung’s ambitious plans for Samsung Pay, it’s not surprising that its wallet service will be shut down.

Here’s the email Samsung is sending out to users.

General 7

1 year 5 months ago

I know I won’t have a reply but I have sent an email back asking for a solution about how to uninstall that shit which is even impossible to set disable.
I am not interested to be swiched to Samsung Pay, I use in Spain the app of my bank BBVA Wallet which is wonderful, payment by NFC and total control over my cards with instant switchers for each type of use, also money transfer, virtual rechargeable card, etc… I am sure every bank has a similar app.
Too late Samsung.

1 year 5 months ago

And they are wondering why people don’t want to use their services or OS. Bada, tizen, samsung wallet and many other. Just name it. In stead of copying something existing they should focus more on improvements and innovations. Wallet owners should be swiched to Samsung pay.

1 year 5 months ago

It is poor communication and arrogant to just say you are discontinuing a service without saying what the reason is.

How on earth do you expect people to trust your new service?

1 year 5 months ago

this service was first introduced with the Galaxy S4 the app came with that device

1 year 5 months ago

I want to know the reason behind the termination.

1 year 5 months ago

Because they are starting “Samsung pay” which will be a much better system. It will work anywhere your credit/debit card will work. It’s one of the main features that got me to pickup the S6 edge.

1 year 5 months ago

As no one uses this wallet app I never ever used it as I think its not safe to use