[Update: Well, maybe it will] Samsung Galaxy Note II to not get Lollipop after all?

It’s been a rather infuriating wait for Galaxy Note II owners when it comes to the Lollipop update. Being more than two years old, the Note II isn’t really eligible for any more major software updates given how the support story goes in the Android world, but there was still some hope that Lollipop would arrive for the device thanks to confirmation from one of Samsung regional arms.

However, as we’ve exclusively revealed in recent weeks, no Lollipop builds for the Galaxy Note II have showed up on Samsung’s servers, suggesting that the update might never come after all. Now, Samsung Gulf might have offered the final nail in the coffin by confirming on its Facebook page that the Galaxy Note II isn’t getting Lollipop. Given how Samsung doesn’t seem to be working on the update until now, it’s not really surprising that this is the case, and we’re guessing that hoping that Android 5.0 will make it to the Note II would be a fool’s errand at this point.

Disappointed? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Update: Well, it looks like Samsung can’t make up its mind. Following Samsung Gulf, Samsung Spain has offered a conflicting response – apparently, the Galaxy Note II is in line to get the Android 5.0 update, but Samsung will only release the update if no issues arise during its development for the device. It’s possible that the update really is in the works despite the lack of any evidence on Samsung’s servers, but we would suggest you not be too hopeful of seeing Lollipop on your Galaxy Note II, considering how confused Samsung itself seems to be on the matter.

Screenshot_2015-05-04-02-08-20

Thanks, Aamer!

Firmware news 46

tarunp
1 year 1 month ago

Believe me guys you are missing nothing by not going to Lollipop. I have tried some of the popular CM 12 based custom ROMs for Samsung Note 2 and always reverted back to stock. You can always give your (rooted) phone a “material design” look by installing a new messaging app, the Chronus widget and even a new launcher.

JRANDROIDRC2
1 year 1 month ago

kkkkk palhaçada como não pode receber 5.0.1 estou com custom rom que cm12 5.0.1 ta rodando liso affs

alastairgreen_Nexus
1 year 2 months ago

Due to Google’s 18-months policy and Samsung’s strict implementation of that policy then move on or root your device or if your lazy to do it, buy a Nexus or an iPhone please! but when Samsung updates the Note-II with Lollipop then so be it and be happy and use ODIN

phuoclove89
1 year 2 months ago

My Note 3 Neo SM-N7507 update kitkat of Lolipop for me !

AquilaSol
1 year 2 months ago

And here we see the typical responses of the Entitlement Generations. The people who have never heard the word ‘No’, and believe the world owes them everything because someone else has it.

The Note 2 is 2 and a half years old. Game over, the end. Deal with it. Crying like a little boy whose mother has just said no for the first time isn’t going to help you. You want to keep recieving updates forever? Buy a bloody Nexus and grow the hell up.

tomjones2012b
1 year 2 months ago

For many people their Note II is only 18 months old, and bought new from Samsung. But people can always vote with their next purchase.

Rishu5892
1 year 2 months ago

No lollipop for Note 2? I remember once there was a company called Nokia which was a leader in smartphone market but it failed to retain its loyal customers and chosed not to care about them, now we all know the name Nokia is gone forever. Samsung is walking on the same path. The name will be gone forever as it will losse its customer base. Anyway good luck Samsung and you have a good day. You’ll need it.

Pufkin
1 year 2 months ago

What about the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9195 mini also gets a chance at the android Lollipop?

tomjones2012b
1 year 2 months ago

The Galaxy Note II was being sold in September 2013 (just as Note 3 was being released). This is within the 2 year time frame.

sanayp
1 year 2 months ago

Hello what world do you live in Note 2 released in 2012 and Note 3 2013.

Samsung dont release 2 Note devices in same year

tomjones2012b
1 year 2 months ago

There is no dispute that the Note II was indeed released in 2012, but that is not what I said.

kraljdario
1 year 2 months ago

Frivolity BY SAMSUNG never samsung again, this is all a big mockery !!!!!!!!

kiril4o1
1 year 2 months ago

People why are you so happy, have read any comment from the s4 or s5 after the update?!? This is not an update this is a downgrade. I have so many problems with my s4 that I wanted to downgrade to Kitkat. Before I was like ” Cmon samsung release the fuc**** update” And now I’m like ”Why did I have to update to Lollipop” I have the s4 and my friend haves s5 and he updated his phone to lollipop and he’s suffering with the same problem which I do!

1.Battery problem
2. Phone freezes and apps are crashing
3.Bad RAM MANAGEMENT

DONT BE SO HAPPY ABOUT IT. KITKAT IS BETTER THAN FROM LOLLIPOP

Rishu5892
1 year 2 months ago

This is really disappointing…

Androidwizard
1 year 2 months ago

Just in case my link got removed: Search for Androidwizzard on XDA and you see, that this is not the end for Note2.

arthurson
1 year 2 months ago

already known that, just like s2 would be updated to 4.2.2 and fails as before.

Androidwizard
1 year 2 months ago

The hardware is good enough for Lollipop cause even Note 4 apps and features run properly on our device. Ported 4.4.4 is fantastic and that’s reason enough to estimate Lollipop portable to Note 2.

Who wants to get to know what is the real capability of N7100 -> search out for Nemesis Rom N7100!

sanayp

Maybe you could ask XDA on for someone to maybe port Note 3 Or Note

sanayp

Note 4 to port over to Note 2

sad_but_cool1
1 year 2 months ago

Ok samsung!!!! After months of waiting and waiting..yoi said no update!!!!!
this the last device from samsung..moving to asus zenfone 2…

Solun
1 year 2 months ago

LOL, an Asus phone. You´re going to regret.

coldisasclear
1 year 2 months ago

Well.. Disappointed as much but it’s still their decision. its an old device and it may not work for the update due to outdated hardware.. Guess its time to change to new device. I still buy samsung.. maybe S5

Sizzleboom
1 year 2 months ago

Do the regional Samsung offices even know what they’re talking about? They always make the most incoherent impression. One says this, another says that. They’re never really sure among themselves.

That being said, I’ve been very careful with my hopes of getting Lollipop from the start. I knew the chance was big that there wasn’t going to be a Lollipop update for the Note II. I am a little bit disappointed–it would have been great to still be able to run along with all the latest devices and I would have loved to have the new Material Design TouchWiz–but in the end, the Note II is, in fact, still a really tough contender with its Android 4.4. Kitkat. Compared to when I bought mine, it has actually become smoother and faster and more battery-efficient. It’s a fantastic device that I can see myself using for at least another year. Perhaps until the Note 6 is released, ha ha. That would be great.

Solun
1 year 2 months ago

I think they have an access to a system where they can see what is being tested so they see Note 2 Lollipop is being tested but whether it´s released is an entirely different thing.

sanayp
1 year 2 months ago

Why are samsung providing updates to their Tablets now and only for China and east Asian countries .

Where are the phone updates to Mid range devices. Have they made the updates yet or we have to wait 3 more months????????

mrcybernate
1 year 2 months ago

And again Samsung dissapoints me with the lag of updates. Thank you samsung!

Bluegixxer
1 year 2 months ago

I am not sure if Lollipop would increase the perfomance of my Note II, in fact I am very happy with KK, it works really fast and stable. I wanted to try Lolllipop but I had the KK image ready to downgrade in case, I mean Lollipop must be much better to make me stay, if it comes finally good to try, if it doesn’t come finally I won’t die by sadness.

podmatrix
1 year 2 months ago

I don’t know what short of usage and performance we have on 4.4.2 but my phone works perfectly fine ffs… And the fact that you are making your clients to wait and give them hope for so long and after all you get one big nothing is just more than stupid.

sanayp
1 year 2 months ago

Where is Lollipop for Mid range devices. It is now May and nothing so far for A3 and Ace 4

fjpadilla
1 year 2 months ago

I had an S4 with Kit kat. I used it as a phone, used whatsapp, some apps…
Then I installed lollipop. Yes… new colors, new icons… but I used my S4 as a phone, whatsapp, same apps….
I mean that is the same phone with kitkat or lollipop. The new things that brings lollipop to android aren’t notices in a daily use

Solun
1 year 2 months ago

How about the battery life? Is it any better? I find it strange they wanted to improve battery life with Lollipop and switched everything to bright white instead of black. Did you do a reset after installing it?

thegeneral2010
1 year 2 months ago

so wat??? i have got note 4 in egypt (my last device from this stupid company) and i didnt get lollipop till now 7 months of waiting to get update in a flagship??

alastairgreen_Nexus
1 year 2 months ago

Oh my gosh, stop rambling and don’t be lazy on using ODIN as it will not void the KNOX 0×0 flag

Nobility