No Android 5.1 builds are under development for the Galaxy Note 4 or any other Samsung device

A new rumor is circulating on the internet that Samsung is currently developing Android 5.1 for the Galaxy Note 4, and is working on bringing the newer version of TouchWiz that debuted on the Galaxy S6 to its current phablet flagship. The rumor comes from YouMobile, a site that has often used SamMobile’s firmware files and information to spin stories of its own, stories that have always failed to materialize into something concrete.

Well, thanks to our insiders, we can confirm that this rumor is as baseless as rumors that have come before. Our sources tell us that Samsung is not working on Android 5.1 for any of its devices at the moment, let alone the Galaxy Note 4. There is also no word of the company bringing the latest version of its UX to the Galaxy Note 4 with Android 5.1 – that is sure to disappoint owners of the device, but as it stands right now, the Note 4 should be staying on Android 5.0.x for the foreseeable future (though we sure are hoping Samsung can push out Lollipop for the fourth-generation Note flagship to more regions as soon as it possibly can.)

As we reported earlier, Samsung’s main focus right now is to bring Android 5.0 to the Galaxy A lineup, but there is no concrete time frame for when the update will start rolling out. At this point, we can only say this – YouMobile shouldn’t be taken as a serious source for any Samsung-related information. Calling out a site by name in this fashion isn’t something we prefer doing, but given the numerous times YouMobile has tried to pull this off using what is published on SamMobile, we thought it was necessary to let our readers know that their information can be safely ignored as being based on pure speculation and hearsay.

Firmware news 23

may sam

:( breaking my heart .
so bored.
I like get firmware android 5.1 or above for my phone( glaxy s5 sm-g900h).

Axiomatic
1 year 3 months ago

I think I just bought my last Samsung phone. I took a chance and changed from the Nexus line from Google and Samsung and the carriers just aren’t getting to the updates. Beyond that… my Note 4 is just sluggish with touchwiz and yet my friends nexus 6 with the same cpu is buttery smooth. I’m done with Sammy.

gokmen yilmaz
1 year 3 months ago

so when about update for s5 plus sm-g901f for lollipop in france please !!!!!!!

crowlaw
1 year 3 months ago

“let alone the Galaxy Note 4.” What does that mean? Are you saying if 5.1 was being made the Note 4, the most expensive so called flagship to date has no business getting 5.1 first?

Oh wait, Note 4 has to get 5.0 first, LOL.

crowlaw
1 year 3 months ago

“let alone the Galaxy Note 4.” What does that mean? Are you saying if 5.1 was being made the Note 4, the most expensive so calledflagship to date has no business getting 5.1 first?

Oh wait, Note 4 has to get 5.0 first, LOL.

student05
1 year 3 months ago

samsung big company, sucks att everything, never afgain a samsung phone, sony gonna release the latest version of android to 13 units + more two months apart thats service , no one has done that before, not even apple , shitsung , why do u treat ur costumers like u do :O

paw1969
1 year 3 months ago

When you upgrade to the Lollipop get s4 with T-mobile?

znagy
1 year 3 months ago

This joke, what the samsung does.

phuoclove89
1 year 3 months ago

Note 3 Neo LTE SM – N7507 not update to 4.4.2 kitkat ???????

kaffenbach
1 year 3 months ago

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your Galaxy S5. Please be advised that a patch (lollipop 5.1) is currently being tested and will be made available to customers in the coming weeks.
I received this on March 13th 2015. So I think it will be happening at some point.

tommypx92
1 year 3 months ago

5.1? they haven’t even rolled out 5.0.1 to more than 4 countries, yet other galaxy phones are almost complete in rolling out updates.
it’s frustrating, It was a mistake to assume the note 4 as a flagship would get at least some priority. its been out 6 months when rumored to ship with lollipop. I know about bugs in the early builds, but the Rom I’m using (official 5.0.1 DBT – German) works great, I haven’t experienced anything out of the ordinary and everything works great, the Rom was completed on Feb 6th 2015, yet here we are basically April and the roll out is barely trickling.
I understand there may be many factors around the process but it doesn’t alleviate any of the disappointment that follows.

popm

lol are y serious samsung 5.1 is best in performance and battery

Plasmatic
1 year 3 months ago

Rather then saying “unfortunately”, an arrogant word as “baseless” is used, incredible.

Deliximus
1 year 3 months ago

Lollipop is so damn buggy. The rush for updates ended with Jelly Bean for me. Now, I wait until everything settles, even on my Nexus devices.

SamMobile1811
1 year 3 months ago

still on F**king 4.4.4, and they are talking about 5.1.. My Android One Device is on Lollipop 5.1 :P and my Note 4 is on Kitkat

LeifS
1 year 3 months ago

I think 5.1 is just not interesting for many OEMs. Many of its features other OEMs already had and a big part of the bug fixes are related to the Nexus devices.

ytrezafs

No 5.1?
I’ll stick with KK 4.4.4 for now, it works fine for me.
Lets see what the future brings us.

cj100570
1 year 3 months ago

“Calling out a site by name in this fashion isn’t something we prefer doing, but given the numerous times YouMobile has tried to pull this off using what is published on SamMobile, we thought it was necessary to let our readers know that their information can be safely ignored as being based on pure speculation and hearsay.”

yet your entire article is predicated on the article from YouMobile. A better way of handling it would have been to refute the claim but not mention them at all. All you’ve done is started what will inevitably turn into a pissing contest.

Vesta@12b
1 year 3 months ago

Heh, can’t say this is surprising news honestly.

pars1992
1 year 3 months ago

Why they don’t say any update plan and which devices will update to Lollipop ?
All companies update its flagship and its clear , other devices are important

thegeneral2010
1 year 3 months ago

wat a big disappointment i just saw the post on phonearena 15min ago and i was so happy for that >.<

shantiakb

Sweet fake news :(

saberlingx1
1 year 3 months ago

so will samsung still bring the latest UX to the Note 4 ?

Exclusively for SamMobile members Exclusively for SamMobile members X