Samsung might launch a 13-inch tablet by the end of this year

The smartphone and tablet market is moving towards a trend of larger screens. We’ve seen Samsung launch a smartphone with a display as large as 7-inch in the form of the Galaxy W, while their biggest tablet is the Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2. According to a new report from South Korea, Samsung is planning to launch a tablet with a 13-inch screen. Details are still thin about this upcoming tablet from Samsung but it is being speculated that the Korean giant might use an LCD display instead of a Super AMOLED one. If this report turns out to be true, Samsung will have to fight with Microsoft’s Surface Pro 3 and several other tablet/laptop hybrid devices from PC makers. Interestingly, even Apple and Sony are said to be working on 12-inch tablets which are targeted towards professionals.

Samsung already has various tablets featuring screens larger than 10 inches, and it’s not the first time we’re hearing rumors about a 13-inch tablet from the company. Samsung has also made customisations to stock Android in order to make larger screens more useful with features such as Multi Window. Samsung also uses active digitisers and the famous S Pen to make these tablets more productive.

Via | Source

Tablets 11

AquilaSol
1 year 6 months ago

Pity, I want an AMOLED version. Currently own a 12.2″ NotePro, but you can see the difference between it and an AMOLED.

Oh well, guess I won’t be spending another 1000 euro next year then.

brickforce
1 year 6 months ago

13 Inch and again Hardware-Buttons on the longer Side? They are kidding me… Holding the Device in Portrait Format and using the Back-Button may hurt Your Fingers :-)

I know what I’m talking about, i have an Tab Pro 10.1. It’s just inconvenient.

AquilaSol
1 year 6 months ago

Owning a 12.2″ NotePro I can tell you that the buttons on the long end is more convenient than putting it on the short end. Especially when holding it in portrait, since your hand is on the same point as the button.

mohammad reply
1 year 6 months ago

Hi !
Wow this is very big !
I think last year the people could not believe it !
But i wish you success !
I love SAMSUNG and I want to beat Apple, Samsung !

Sureshan
1 year 6 months ago

Would love tablet to be able to run both windows and android

darooz
1 year 6 months ago

asus has that kind of tablet. ASUS Transformer AiO P1801
might be abit pricey though

Sureshan
1 year 6 months ago

No use for 13 inch android tablet as apps not optimised for big screens and since 13 inch professionals would rather use a 13 inch laptop instead

darooz
1 year 6 months ago

u kidding? my 21″ all in one android tablet hasnt seen any “bad optimizations”
everything from angry birds to dead trigger looks great.

professional sketch artists way not choose a laptop over a tablet.

footnote. samsung doesnt understand why 16gb (around 8.5gb usable) space on a tablet isnt enough. so with that said. a laptop would be better than a samsung tablet (any size) for pros. but for playing small games like angry birds etc and browsing the net

GreenCloud
1 year 6 months ago

Want to 17″ SuperAMOLED tablet.

Batero2000
1 year 6 months ago

Why? It will be very heavy, buy a SMART TV, xD!

darooz
1 year 6 months ago

tvs must be plugged in. i agree with GreenCloud
17 would be awesome. i have a 21″ hp slate android and 21″ is awesome.
a 17 on the go would rock my world.