Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to include a Retinal Scanner?

A tweet by @SamsungExynos has left us wondering if the Galaxy Note 4 could be equipped with a retinal scanner. The tweet mentions about improved security feature “unique to us” and the image in the tweet is depicting a smartphone with focus on the user’s eye. This could mean something better than fingerprint scanner could be used in the Galaxy Note 4. A fingerprint scanner is already being used in the Galaxy S5 and the iPhone 5S.

Samsung is expected to unveil the Galaxy Note 4 in September during IFA 2014. It could feature a 5.7 inch QHD screen, Exynos 5433 octa-core processor, Mali-T760 GPU, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, 16-megapixel camera, and Android 4.4 KitKat. It would also be available in a variant with Snapdragon 805 processor and Adreno 420 GPU.

Phones 17

mikekc
2 years 10 days ago

Surely you jest? Appple claim to have been first in lots of things. For example the ipod. Chinese manufacturers had tiny little mp3 players out years before steve jobs ripped them off. I had my first mp3 player years before the ipod arrived. I bought it from someone on ebay. My first was 256g mb over the years tI went to hard drive 4gb edition. I waited until samsung s3 before I went smartphone. Apple are and have been thieves of ideas from day 1. Sony is working with samsung to make tvs. It isn’t sony helping samsung it is samsung helping sony. Apple’s os is based on a discontinued bsd os. Apple love bewilders me. You are aware I guess apple is mostly made by a chinese oem? Foxconn, with most of its branches in red china. Apple rednecks. Quite bizarre.

danoxy
2 years 11 days ago

810 won’t be ready this year ! So is 100% we don’t see Note 4 with S810 !

mr adrian
2 years 12 days ago

If the note 4 is going to have the 805 which is 32 bits I am not buying I would wait for the note instead.

805 is 32bits which a15 architecture

810 is 64bits which the a57 and a53 architecture

mikekc
2 years 10 days ago

I bought a note 3 international lte this year for the stylus and for ant+. Unfortunately I have been massively disappointed and paid $650 for it. It doesn’t do much with the ant+ as not enough software is aware of it. I couldn’t get it to use gps for months. It doesn’t do anything much better than my s3 lte. The only things I use which may need lots of power are playing podcasts, both audio and video, maybe my fitness apps might need a little power, but mostly heavy on battery. I have 2 7800mah batteries. Stock batteries get me through a few hours. I won’t be buying a note 4. I will most probably buy an mtk or rockchip equipped chinese 6.3-7 inch octacore 64 bit for maybe $350. The mtk6572 has lte ant+ and 8 core 64 bit. The difference between it and anything samsung make won’t be enough to make me spend another $650.

mr adrian
2 years 12 days ago

The shouldn’t have the adreno 805 it is little over the 801 it should be the Qualcomm 810 which is 64bits which adreno 430 GPU

winoles
2 years 14 days ago

I would really like the 64 if that reduces lag in general, otherwise, in my note 3 all apps run smoothly, what I wish is a very different look, a really “new” form factor or new materials, aluminium, kevlar, carbon fiber etc. to make the note 4 to really stand out of the crowd in looks

corduroysack
2 years 14 days ago

thats the trouble with aPhone users their all brainwashed by crapple ;)

oversight
2 years 15 days ago

Now that they have an LTE capable chipset, I wonder if they will continue to use the Qualcom for some devices after the Note 4?

aeensing
2 years 14 days ago

I think it’s gonna be like as the S4.
Europe will get the Snapdragon and Asia etc will get the exynos.
Or they bring both out everywhere and you can freely choose between the two.

Now seeing these days the Hexacore and Octacore phones but i’m still not convinced that it’s really usefull in terms of performance.

Personally i think the whole octa core is overkill for a smartphone. Same goed for 64bit. 64 bit is great when you run architect apps or rendering things but for a smartphone it’s way overkill.

megalomaiac14
2 years 15 days ago

Lmao you guys have claimed a retinal scanner since leaks for the note 3 last year, again with the s5 this past spring, and surprise surprise now note 4 is the retinal scanning prospect Lmao…maybe Samsung should work on perfecting or at least improving the fingerprint scanner of the s5 to make it more than a novelty before attempting a much more complex retinal scanner. If they can’t do basic fingerprints more Tha 50 or 60%, the idea that they’d include a retinal scanner is a joke consider how much more sophisticated the hardware and software would need to be.

Mega

q8peace
2 years 15 days ago

because it should be apple first have it and then samsung copying it samsung always copy not usually came for something useful first :( – apple get unique idea first the next year in samsung phones :(

spot1jm
1 year 11 months ago

Really! Apple did it first… Apple didn’t make the Retina Display (There claim to fame) – Samsung did! Oh boy, what was that, Samsung what, yes, sold Apple the retina display, so wow! They were the FIRST. You apple people think that there products are so much better. 85% of the worlds computers are running, Mmmm, oh that’s right Windows. They are not that great of a company. Apple is average at best, there is A LOT they are unable to do. Last thing, close minded people never further there lives and are simply followers… looking for the next thing to follow… Enjoy your apple…

bienbien
2 years 13 days ago

Yea but if apple invented it first samsung could copy it but will make it better in many ways.

darooz
2 years 13 days ago

always copy? apple gets unique ideas? ROTFLMAO
wow 1 new idea since iphone 3gs. apple thinks that the round-cornered-icons feature is the feature of the century. and to use only one button?
yeah why doesnt xbox and playstation use Tac 2 joysticks instead? round corners and 1 button for the win, right?

smartybones
2 years 15 days ago

you have to pity this poor fool. He believes all the crap that is shoved down the throats of crapple users world wide.

they believe that crapple invent everything. They believe this trap that there is no malware or virus on crapple. They believe the hype when a new version of a product that its brand new and queue for hours…

The rest of us can carry on with our lives knowing apple will polish 18 month old technology and wrap it in shiny shiny and believe they are technology pioneers. while we get on with real smart phones and tablets instead of toys designed for children and the less technically competent.

azalucel
2 years 15 days ago

I have never seen an i phone with multiple gigs of ram, quad core, haxa core or even octa core processors, what about a ir blaster, a camera with double digit megapixels…i phones only claim to fame is the x64 that is useless on mobile for right now so stop with your apple crap on a samsung site

junterry
2 years 15 days ago

bro ,i feel you
but one thing u must know, apple is not the first that get the finger print scanner tech in smartphone .

Join the premium experience - get 25% discount* Join the premium experience - get 25% discount* X