[Update: Picture of gold variant added] Galaxy F clicked alongside Galaxy S5

We’ve seen the Galaxy F in the past few days but this is the first time we’re seeing the device snapped alongside its elder sibling, Galaxy S5. While there’s not much to tell from the image, we do see the rumoured Galaxy F sporting a thinner bezel compared to Galaxy S5. According to the previous leak, the Galaxy F will be a superior Galaxy S5 with QHD display (2560×1440), 16 megapixel camera, 3GB RAM and Snapdragon 805 SoC.

The phone is expected to go on sale in September, in time to take on Apple’s new iPhone.

Update: We’ve added another leaked Galaxy F image, this time seen in gold. Check it out below, after the image comparing the Galaxy F to the S5.

galaxy-f-leakgalaxy-f-gold

Source [2]

Phones 11

karar_s
1 year 1 month ago

Its just samsung making S3 S3+ S4 S4+ S5 S5+ , like the iphone 4 4s 5 5s but in their own way ;)

MastaCow
1 year 1 month ago

And once this model is released, the Galaxy S line is DEAD. The new flagships will be the Galaxy F and the Note.

AquilaSol
1 year 1 month ago

Released at the same time as the high-end Note 4? Lol, no way in hell am I paying for an S5 prime when I can wait another week and get a more advanced Note 4..

gtone339
1 year 1 month ago

Okay, time to wait this model instead of me buying the regular model…. :)

jimmygzzmtz
1 year 1 month ago

But if its released on September and its software is ready right now, wouldn’t it be running an outdated android version by then? Not something Samsung would do, they prioritize latest Android on flagships (can’t say the same to updates).

Nate B.
1 year 1 month ago

There hasn’t been any new Android update out yet breastfed 4.4.3 and that’s mainly fixes. They can easily add that in before then. If there is a new one slice by September which I doubt, then they could add that as well. So how would it be outdated? There is no new version of Android out right now.

jimmygzzmtz
1 year 1 month ago

There will be. The “L” Android version (supposedly 4.5) coming out along with the HTC Nexus 8. It’s just a matter of time. 4.1 on summer 2012, 4.3 on summer 2013, it’s practically guaranteed to have a new version.

mikedemoda
1 year 1 month ago

ok now, so this is what the S5 should’ve been since day 1. i feel sorry for the S5 early adopters

Titandan
1 year 1 month ago

I got an S5 and I like it a lot. I don’t feel sorry for myself. It’s natural for tech companies to come out with newer and better phones. Samsung just chooses to do it at a faster rate.

As far as I know, my S5 is not obsolete yet, it still does what it’s designed to do, and it does a pretty darn good job at it.

I think the Galaxy F will be a great phone too but I couldn’t be happier with my S5. I’m still discovering new things about my phone every day and it’s those little surprises that make the phone fun to play with.

caesantos
1 year 1 month ago

I own the S5 and I’m not sorry, I like it a lot, but I am not going to buy the “new” S5. I will buy Note 4 in september.

hot_spare
1 year 1 month ago

Why do you need to feel sorry for any person who bought a S5? It’s their money, they saw the phone, they read about it before buying.

S5 won’t suddenly stop working when this or S6 is released. Stop this hyperbole ‘sorry’ feeling..